Landing pad ideas

Wouldn't the holes contradict what you are trying to do with the landing pad? Keep dirt from flying up on your quad? Just curious.

It is sealed on the bottom. The wind exits the side holes horizontally so the wind never hits the ground. Having the bottom sealed is why it puts out so much light.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I suppose you could use a thin piece of clear Perspex underneath so light would still shine through but no dust etc would get blown up

There is no dust that is blown up. The pad has a wood bottom. The wind exits the side holes. No wind blown down vertically hits the ground. Goes in the box and out the sides. I will post another picture with the bottom attached this evening.

Sent from my XT1097 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here are the pictures of the bottom of the pad. The bottom is what you actually see from above. The leds are pointed down and illuminating the white paint on it. I imagine you could paint the inside of the bottom piece a different color to get different colors from above. You can also see the tail light lens repair tape over the center holes and the corners.
06594358aa4f024bbf1b8591fcb3e3e2.jpg
0f9a7fef9a70d8d164dc0dc19fb7b2e8.jpg
471e8e35b3ed664b900e54092ecfcb0c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I needed one that was portable and folded up for transport so I got the 3 foot in diameter hoodman.
Seems quite expensive compared to many but has advantage of weight to keep it in place. Is this that much better than a pegged down lightweight version which is more easily carried into the field? What has your experience with it been?

Seems quite expensive compared to many but has advantage of weight to keep it in place. Is this that much better than a pegged down lightweight version which is more easily carried into the field? What has your experience with it been?

This really works great. Other than time I have about $20 in it. I have a woodworking shop and do metal fabrication as a hobby. I mainly fly around dusk and it really looks cool coming back to land.

I forgot to mention weighs right at 9 lbs. I walk out my front door and fly since I am surrounded by open farmland as far as you can see. If I had to go somewhere to fly I probably would have made it a bit smaller.

Sad to say, but when I launch / land at home I use my kid's old trampoline. Makes for a safe hard landing and plenty taut enough to provide all the support required for take-off. Now i'm looking for one of those small personal ones that have folding legs. When I find one, I can spray paint whatever I want in the centre.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing