Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Lack of parts for P3

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by TBear, Jul 18, 2015.

1. TBear

I got my P3 Pro over about a month ago and after the first flight i realised that I can only record 20-30 sec before the camera hangs and the P3 needs to be restarted.
    My first action was to replace the memory card with another UHS-I card (90MB/s), but it made no difference.
    I also noticed that the computer loose contact with the card reader sporadically when connected to my Mac,
    After some discussions with the supplier i was asked to send the P3 back to Hong kong. It would cost me about $120 and would probably take over a months before I get it back, so I decided to buy a new 4K camera unit and sell the existing one as parts to someone who needs only the camera itself.

My problem is that I still can't find the 4K camera/gimbal unit in stock from any dealer after almost two months and Im still grounded (quite useless when I can not record or take pictures).
    How come that several spare parts has never been available since the release of the P3 ?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

#2 msinger, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    TBear likes this.