Just wanted to share a quick snap I got last night pretty impressed

It was only a very quick snap as i didn't have a lot of battrey left so I quickly put it in auto and hoped for the best turned out pretty good next time I'll have to screen shot the settings i use
ISO 100 @ 2 seconds according to Lightroom. Such an awesome pic!

Reactions: Jesse_M
... hobbyists are allowed to fly at night with no special restrictions.. other than strobes.

Where can I find strobes that will fit the P4? Haven't seen any offers.

EDIT: I found them on Amazon and eBay from Firehouse Technologies for $30 with free shipping.

Last edited:
You exceeded the dynamic range of the camera. The light areas lose shades of white and the dark areas lose shades of black. The other comment made above is the issue of flying after sunset. A good practice in taking photographs is to limit the range from black to white. This is done by doing your photographing before sunset. Then, in post processing, you can adjust the contrast as much as you would like. The other advantage for drone pilots is you can stay within the FAA's requirement to fly before the sun sets.

Another thing you can do is to set your contrast to a negative number so that contrast is reduced during capture. This makes a narrow histogram which at capture is low contrast. The important thing is that it does not lose information due to clipping the high and low ends of the histogram. Again, in post processing you can adjust contrast at will.

Try it. You'll be glad you did.

It was only a very quick snap as i didn't have a lot of battrey left so I quickly put it in auto and hoped for the best turned out pretty good next time I'll have to screen shot the settings i use

excellent shot.wish i could do it like that.how high were you ?

You know, every time someone posts a decent picture, we have to start hearing arguments about part 107, 30, the altitude police, is it legal or not legal, etc. etc. ad nauseum. It was a nice picture and didn't need all the 'Drone Lawyers" who comments, by the way, made the post twice as long as it should have been. I fully realise some are trying to assist with educating us with the various aspects of the FAA rules & Regs, which can never hurt.
However, some are just being the usual busybodies who manage to fly once a month, if their wife allows them out of the house, on a Saturday afternoon, and spend their free time reading the latest issue of "Drone Law Magazine". So I have to ask, "which category do you fall under?

Great picture, by the way !

Im interested in knowing what height his drone was at because I'm interested.i don't care if it was 5000 feet or 50000.but as yet the op hasnt answered.

If it is only a single strobe, I'd place it somewhere on the rear bottom of the craft. Maybe the rear of the battery compartment. Anyway the idea is to be able to see the strobe from the bottom as people look up and also from the front & rear. On my P3 Standard & P3 Advanced, I also have strobes mounted where they can be seen from head-on, the rear, & the sides. My strobes are also directly wired, with a reducer, to the main battery. It might take all of 1 minute from the flight time. I don't have anything on the very top because of the GPS panel. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3