Just wanted to share a quick snap I got last night pretty impressed

Reaction score
9a1a2f61b895ab674e2a4670a08f5fe0.jpg

Awesome! Settings? I would love to try a night shot.

Is a Part 107 waiver always required to fly at night?

I think you are confusing the 333 exemption with the new faa part 107 sUAS license. No waiver needed with 107 unless your gonna do something crazy. No part 107 required to fly at night, just a bright strobe.

Just for clarification. In the US, Part 101 (Hobby/Recreation) does not require a waiver/authorization to fly at night. But you must meet all requirements of the model aircraft exemption to qualify as Part 101. Otherwise, you fall under Part 107 or public use. Both Part 107 and the Public Use COAs require waiver/authorization to fly at night. Part 107 via the FAA website and pubic use through the COA process. Nice pic though.

Still waiting for some camera settings/pointers...:)

I think you are confusing the 333 exemption with the new faa part 107 sUAS license. No waiver needed with 107 unless your gonna do something crazy. No part 107 required to fly at night, just a bright strobe.
Not true, you need a waiver for night ops under 107.

Attachments

• 107-Night.png
    107-Night.png
    354.9 KB · Views: 521
Not true, you need a waiver for night ops under 107.
For 107 you need a waiver but that's not the case for hobbyist's as long as you have strobes visible at least 3 miles correct? I know with 107 it's 30 before and 30 after. I knew that, I guess I worded that wrong in my previous post. If night flying is a no no then a lot of people are breaking the regs.

For 107 you need a waiver but that's not the case for hobbyist's as long as you have strobes visible at least 3 miles correct? I know with 107 it's 30 before and 30 after. I knew that, I guess I worded that wrong in my previous post. If night flying is a no no then a lot of people are breaking the regs.
Hmm not sure about hobbyists actually. I assumed since you couldn't under 107 w/out a waiver that you couldn't as a hobbyist either.

Hmm not sure about hobbyists actually. I assumed since you couldn't under 107 w/out a waiver that you couldn't as a hobbyist either.
I think that's a pretty good assumption but in this case I think that the hobbyist can actually do more that a licensed pilot. A commercial drone pilot is likely going to have bigger, better, and more dangerous equipment and commercial pilots are likely to fly on a film set around multiple people or on expensive real-estate property. Conditions are not always going to be ideal for a commercial drone pilot whereas the hobbyist is likely to be flying in ideal or close to ideal conditions with less dangerous equipment. I'm guessing that's why 107 requires a waiver for night flight.

Reactions: TyInTheSky
Won't pretend to understand or debate the logic behind it, but it's correct... hobbyists are allowed to fly at night with no special restrictions.. other than strobes. That just opens up the whole.. are the stock LED's sufficient or not question..

Won't debate that either, but, IMHO... no. Especially since they are not visible from above. To each their own.

Nice SHOT though! I'm not the altitude police so.. nice! Thanks for sharing.

It was only a very quick snap as i didn't have a lot of battrey left so I quickly put it in auto and hoped for the best turned out pretty good next time I'll have to screen shot the settings i use

You did an amazing photo! Taking into consideration the settings, you are really lucky! Good Image!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4