Just picked up and flew my phantom 4 and have a few questions...

Reaction score
First off, as a whole, very impressed with this thing right out of the box and have a few questions:
Does the transmitter not actually charge the iphone as whenever I plug it in, it appears to be charging for all of 1 second then stops ? Secondly I just hit the record button in whatever its default mode was and took a quick look at the video on my computer. It appears very choppy, not at all smooth. Quality is amazing but no smooth video. I'm using the 16gb card that came with the Phantom, should I be shooting in a different resolution, looking at a better quality memory card or is this a processing issue with my computer ?

Appreciate any responses in advance and I'll be going to get a few more batteries tomorrow - lol

Mark. :)

First off, as a whole, very impressed with this thing right out of the box and have a few questions:
Does the transmitter not actually charge the iphone as whenever I plug it in, it appears to be charging for all of 1 second then stops ? Secondly I just hit the record button in whatever its default mode was and took a quick look at the video on my computer. It appears very choppy, not at all smooth. Quality is amazing but no smooth video. I'm using the 16gb card that came with the Phantom, should I be shooting in a different resolution, looking at a better quality memory card or is this a processing issue with my computer ?

Appreciate any responses in advance and I'll be going to get a few more batteries tomorrow - lol

Make sure to move the file off the card onto your computer before viewing. If it is still choppy, it is a processor issue. Also, you might try casting it from your device to a larger screen.

Make sure to move the file off the card onto your computer before viewing. If it is still choppy, it is a processor issue. Also, you might try casting it from your device to a larger screen.
Thanks for the response, I just changed the setting as it was on 4k, i took it down to 1080p at 60fps as thats what i remember using on my go pro on my first phantom and that did take care of the issue for me. Do you know if the remote is meant to charge the phone while its connected ?

thanks for the responses so far...
Another quick question, when watching my video playback there is no sound. Does the camera not record sound ?

You really wouldn't want to record the sound in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just get a iPad air2 and do everything off of it it's 4K also and video will be clean and sharp..I've had my p4 for about a month now and it's on point with video and playback on the iPad air2!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just get a iPad air2 and do everything off of it it's 4K also and video will be clean and sharp..I've had my p4 for about a month now and it's on point with video and playback on the iPad air2!

Is that the 4K video taken off the card or the 720p version that's automatically saved to the IPad?

It saves to the dji go app than if you want you can save it to the pad to your pics or videos but it's all 4K super clean and sharp more than 1080p

Also with the dji go app on the iPad you can upload all firmware and there app has a forum for pics and videos it's the only way to go without a doubt

It saves to the dji go app than if you want you can save it to the pad to your pics or videos but it's all 4K super clean and sharp more than 1080p

I'm considering upgrading to a P4 but everything I read says the DJI Go app only saves a 720 p version and that the 4 K version is only saved to the sd card. The manual says the live streaming is 720p and that's what's saved in the app. Seems like transmitting and saving a 4K version would be a helluva lot of data. I'm confused.

I can see why you are confused. These are good questions actually, let me explain to you how it works;

- Video editing must be based on the sdcard because you will find in there the videos at the quality you have choosen.

- With Go App you can download to your iPad videos and pictures from the sdcard, at the same quality (copy). There is a specific menu interface for that and P4 must be connected.

- In Go App options there is a setting where you can enable real-time recording in the iPad of the 720p video stream received in your iPad. This is mainly for back-up/log purpose if you loose the sdcard.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I can see why you are confused. These are good questions actually, let me explain to you how it works;

- Video editing must be based on the sdcard because you will find in there the videos at the quality you have choosen

- In Go App you can download to your iPad the videos and pictures from the sdcard, at the same quality (copy). There is a specific menu interface for that.

- In Go App options there is a setting where you can enable real-time recording in the iPad of the 720p video stream received in your iPad. This is mainly for back-up/log purpose if you loose the sd-card.

-

Got it. Thanks. Vaughn1976 confused me because he said "it saves to the dji go app and it's ALL 4k" which didn't make sense to me. On my P3S, the video saves in the app as 720p which I never use. I always use the 2.7K from the card.

Note in Go App you can disable the video log recording if you never use, you will reduce a little CPU usage, which is welcome.

Note in Go App you can disable the video log recording if you never use, you will reduce a little CPU usage, which is welcome.

Ha. Just did that last night. Thanks.

Thank u guys so much for all the info and responses... 5 flights and I'm hooked, already picked up 2 more batteries and the 3 port charger - lol - I am just using my iPhone but do plan on getting an iPad to use with the phantom 4. That being said, can I get the pics on the phone directly through the app or do I need to plug in ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl