just ordered P3A

I bought one, should be here in a couple of days.
I'm asking, like the OP, what to look out for.
Thank you.

I know but the more people panic and stress out the worse it is. My p3p has the new motors my p3a has the old.

Both seem to get relatively the same distance before I lose video feed.

The p3p with the new motors is slightly quieter and seems to get an extra minute or 2 on a charge, but not enough to make me excited.

I read about a bad batch of unfocused cameras from bestbuy, that problem seemed to be a very limited issue and has since been fixed. DJI replaced all the unfocused cameras and all is good in the world of flying cameras again.
I'm equally happy with both of mine.

At the current price I would buy the p3p if i could afford it because my one and only complaint with my advanced is that the live feed is pixelated and shows artifacts on my iPad Air compared to my pro which is crystal clear. Much less noticeable when using a smaller screen !! And for $999 how can you go wrong !!

I paid a lot more than the current prices for both and am still happy so, with the current pricing you will love it and will have no problems. If you do have a non pilot error issue DJI will fix it.

Read the manual 5x from front to back, play around in the sim for a few hrs , and then go have fun !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

At the current price I would buy the p3p if i could afford it because my one and only complaint with my advanced is that the live feed is pixelated and shows artifacts on my iPad Air compared to my pro which is crystal clear. Much less noticeable when using a smaller screen !! And for $999 how can you go wrong !!

I think/hope that would be my only complaint.^^^
But no complaining here.
A P3A, windsurfers and a K1 taxed out the CC. Lol
Very happy camper here.
My P2 might feel neglected, but I doubt it.
It will probably see more action.

I, like the OP, I think,
just want to know about any pitfalls to look for, in a new machine.

Last edited:
I think/hope that would be my only complaint.^^^
But no complaining here.
A P3A, windsurfers and a K1 taxed out the CC. Lol
Very happy camper here.
My P2 might feel neglected, but I doubt it.
It will probably see more action.

I, like the OP, I think,
just want to know about any pitfalls to look for, in a new machine.

Nothing to look for , just enjoy it man !!!
All the "issues" are so rare anyway. People rarely will post about how awesome and easy it has been to fly, but will almost always post when they have an issue. So that basically leads to issues being blown out of proportion easily.

Just keep an eye on your battery voltage in cold weather and enjoy your new toy !!!

Man, I hope they delay the 4 for at least a little while! Just bought this 3! Sheesh...

Or like me you could have a p3p and a p3a for the price of this new possible DJI product

Or like me you could have a p3p and a p3a for the price of this new possible DJI product

That's my thought. I only bought the P3A because it was on sale for $800. I will have zero buyer's remorse if the new one is released for over twice that price. So far, my 3 does everything I want it to do and then some.

No, I don't think DJI is releasing a new Phantom to compete with the current lineup; I think they will be introducing:
  • Phantom X
  • Zenmuse XT
  • Osmo X5 Version/Osmo Pro
  • Possibly an upgraded (not new) model of the P3 around $1700 with aforementioned features (360* gimbal, retractable gear, etc.)
A new Phantom 4 would not make sense only a month after launching the Phantom 4K.
that's what I meant

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl