Just Lost My 1 Week old P4P Help Please

I am going to do it. Just have to plan a day I can spend the time.
Exactly! It's a commitment! Most just give up, which is their goal! The great thing about customer service is that harder the person is to reach, the more helpful they can be, as nobody else ever gets through! If you are good enough to get through, you are good enough to help, as anyone trying to commit fraud would find an easier way! :cool:

Please please do take out the entire call center!! Slowly one by one, start at the knee caps!! :)
I have yet to reach anyone without an Indian accent. I strongly suspect the entire call center is actually located in India, as their only means of communication with the actual repair department in Los Angeles is via email!

Reactions: SRJ_Phantom_4_Pro
It's even harder to see a bird that wasn't there in the first place! ;)
Yeah your right things like that could never happen.:)

Pigeon crashes into drone mid-flight, knocking it out of the sky

bird hits drone - Bing video ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Yeah your right things like that could never happen.:)

Pigeon crashes into drone mid-flight, knocking it out of the sky

bird hits drone - Bing video ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Could, but clearly, if it had, the OP would have seen it on the FPV, or at least seen the puff of bird feathers from the mid air collision, as the bird dropped from the sky, too! Attacking birds, defending nests, are also not doing so at 200 feet, unless they chased you up to that height, when you were substantially lower, near their nest. None of those possibilities are supported by the facts, as they have been presented to us. Cool videos though! :cool:

Good glad you admit it's possible, the defense rests.
Here's a link to another thread on the same topic.
Birds and drones, scientific study
From the beginning, given the details, the only two possibilities that I entertained were a bird strike or a DJI warranty issue. If you can boil it down to those two mutually exclusive choices, absent any evidence suggesting a bird strike, a warranty covered failure is the only logical conclusion. Great thread link! We can all learn from bird proclivities around our drones. So far, I have been lucky, and no physical contact has ever taken place. Lots of close calls on video after, though!

Final response from dji. Will try a supervisor again.

53a49066a29d02528b84b8dd780905a8.jpg
As unpalatable as this situation clearly is- from a commercial standpoint it is hard to argue DJI's position is unreasonable. Produce some compelling evidence that the incident is likely attributed to their product and the balance starts to move to your side. Unfortunately you will need something better than this shouldn't happen with a new AC, and to the extent it does it must be an issue with the product. When you speak to the supervisor be ready to let them know what the logs tell you and that you intend to rely on them to prove your case if necessary, you need to know to what extent Litchi mught back you before going into this discussion.

As unpalatable as this situation clearly is- from a commercial standpoint it is hard to argue DJI's position is unreasonable. Produce some compelling evidence that the incident is likely attributed to their product and the balance starts to move to your side. Unfortunately you will need something better than this shouldn't happen with a new AC, and to the extent it does it must be an issue with the product. When you speak to the supervisor be ready to let them know what the logs tell you and that you intend to rely on them to prove your case if necessary, you need to know to what extent Litchi might back you before going into this discussion.
All true! Also, as stated, the Litchi backing in writing from Litchi's analysis of their flight log is absolutely critical to the discussion (in the absence of the DJI GO 4 flight log, and no .DAT file from the aircraft), stating their expert analysis shows no Litchi error or pilot error caused the crash. If accepted by the second level Supervisor at DJI with discretion, that leaves either a birdstrike or a warranty covered system failure, which is where you want to be. Good luck, but get that commitment in writing from Litchi first, if you haven't already.

I had a Phantom 4 Pro land in my friends property, looks like battery went down. It was more of a crash landing...battery came out. No one has asked about it or have been riding the area looking, best I can tell. What do I do with it?

Nothing on the card. No ID of any kind. Put up flyers in the area of it being lost and no reply. I will give it another week or so. Thanks for the reply...
I'll buy it from you to fix up if you want

Obviously op has made the point the crash is in an unsuitable area for "blind" recovery with the tracker now dead but no one has mentioned the "find my drone" in the djigo4 app. Not familiar with Litchi at all, but is there a similar feature or would the dji feature still work in this situation? I know even with no battery in my p4p I can open the app on my tablet when at work 60 miles away & it shows me a direct line back to my house where the drone is sitting. Also I conveyed that to my State Farm Agent as a "LoJack" in case of theft when getting my 0 deductible $49 a year full replacement full coverage policy. Sorry for the op. Read this forum for months before purchasing and opted not to purchase anything extra in coverage from dji due to the negative cs portrayed here. This has been an interesting thread. Hope to see a positive ending here soon.

Obviously op has made the point the crash is in an unsuitable area for "blind" recovery with the tracker now dead but no one has mentioned the "find my drone" in the djigo4 app. Not familiar with Litchi at all, but is there a similar feature or would the dji feature still work in this situation? I know even with no battery in my p4p I can open the app on my tablet when at work 60 miles away & it shows me a direct line back to my house where the drone is sitting. Also I conveyed that to my State Farm Agent as a "LoJack" in case of theft when getting my 0 deductible $49 a year full replacement full coverage policy. Sorry for the op. Read this forum for months before purchasing and opted not to purchase anything extra in coverage from dji due to the negative cs portrayed here. This has been an interesting thread. Hope to see a positive ending here soon.
Are you sure it is an active link to the AC and not just the last known location? How might DJI GO find the location if the drone isn't active and doesn't have a cellular or wifi connection?

Are you sure it is an active link to the AC and not just the last known location? How might DJI GO find the location if the drone isn't active and doesn't have a cellular or wifi connection?
Exactly! Last known location, not necessarily the current one. :cool:

J
Exactly! Last known location, not necessarily the current one. :cool:
Just took my P4 out to the back of my 1acre block and put it amongst the trees, turned on the 'find my drone' function and it was pretty close, maybe within 10 mtrs. Drone was turned off, test done with both battery installed and removed, and provided I had mobile coverage, easy to find. No idea about the range for this function, but I would be thinking as long as you had coverage, it may be a reasonable option for generally locating your gear.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z