Just Lost My 1 Week old P4P Help Please

You will need to call them and get a Supervisor on the phone. Otherwise, you will continue to get the broken record, ground hog day, dèjá vu, boiler plate responses.
After my experience yesterday talking to supervisors I didn't find it to be any better. I'm giving up.

After my experience yesterday talking to supervisors I didn't find it to be any better. I'm giving up.
More the shame, myself and many others are watching this thread develop as many use Litchi and third party apps that we would like to have some degree of confidence in. If it were possible to somehow retrieve your drone, then i suspect it might be game on, but that is clearly not the case. At the risk of becoming paranoid, I've throttled back on using litchi and using it only for the pano and mission planning functions where I can retrieve the drone should something go bad and using the go app for fpv.
Maybe that's why the P4P+ does not support third party apps?
Disappointed for you.

Yes they said that and I asked DjI if they would accept it and you can see what they said... Here's a good question, what if I was flying Litchi and recovered the drone would they still not warrant because I was using Litchi?
You are still dealing with the wrong people. The email team is a bunch of idiots and buffoons, as you keep repeatedly pointing out to us. You need to get on the phone and get the Supervisors involved. They are the only ones who can say yes by drawing outside the lines!

You are still dealing with the wrong people. The email team is a bunch of idiots and buffoons, as you keep repeatedly pointing out to us. You need to get on the phone and get the Supervisors involved. They are the only ones who can say yes by drawing outside the lines!
Well I guess I can try it but it seems the SECOND I mention Litchi all bets are off. What do you suggest I say to them when I get them on the phone? They will not look at Litchi data and I have no DJIGO4 data. How do I get around that?

More the shame, myself and many others are watching this thread develop as many use Litchi and third party apps that we would like to have some degree of confidence in. If it were possible to somehow retrieve your drone, then i suspect it might be game on, but that is clearly not the case. At the risk of becoming paranoid, I've throttled back on using litchi and using it only for the pano and mission planning functions where I can retrieve the drone should something go bad and using the go app for fpv.
Maybe that's why the P4P+ does not support third party apps?
Disappointed for you.
I use Litchi exclusively for the VR mode...With a $25 pair of goggles and Litchi you get a great VR experience, so good in fact when I looked into my DJI Goggles I returned them in minutes. Couldn't compare.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Well I guess I can try it but it seems the SECOND I mention Litchi all bets are off. What do you suggest I say to them when I get them on the phone? They will not look at Litchi data and I have no DJIGO4 data. How do I get around that?
You are making all their arguments for them, from the drivel they put in emails, which you already know is false and made up! Start with the facts!
1. You are an experienced pilot--DJI account opened umpteen years ago
2. New aircraft crashed in an inexplicable fall from 200 feet within VLOS and is in an area from which it is unrecoverable (no buildings, trees, or wires at the height from which it fell)
3. Litchi has/ supplied (or will supply) a written analysis of the Litchi flight log stating, in their expert opinion, neither pilot error nor Litchi was at fault.
4. Litchi runs the DJI approved SDK, written by none other than DJI.
5. Only remaining cause is aircraft failure or a bird strike, and no birds were seen.

Appeal to their logic.
Start with that! :cool:

Last edited:
Yes they said that and I asked DjI if they would accept it and you can see what they said... Here's a good question, what if I was flying Litchi and recovered the drone would they still not warrant because I was using Litchi?
No.... if the .dat log on the AC revealed a DJI hardware/software issue they would cover it under warranty. There have been many instances if this practice covered in various posits on this forum and elsewhere.

Reactions: Meta4
DJI's position in these cases is pretty clear - give them a DJI data record to investigate and if it shows a DJI issue, they cover the loss.
But they need to see a DJI flight record - either from the app or the one from the internal recorder.

DJI's position in these cases is pretty clear - give them a DJI data record to investigate and if it shows a DJI issue, they cover the loss.
But they need to see a DJI flight record - either from the app or the one from the internal recorder.
Respectfully, based upon the OP's description, this was either a DJI issue or a birdstrike, and the latter can be ruled out since no bird was seen. Despite all the telemetry, independently, the circumstances dictate that this was a DJI issue. With the complete information given to a manager who has discretion and decision making powers outside of the normal parameters, this should be covered by DJI. He has nothing to lose by pursuing the matter, and a great deal to gain. :cool:

Final response from dji. Will try a supervisor again.

53a49066a29d02528b84b8dd780905a8.jpg

Respectfully, based upon the OP's description, this was either a DJI issue or a birdstrike, and the latter can be ruled out since no bird was seen. :cool:

Who would've seen it I believe the OP was flying wearing a pair of goggles... LOL...

"OK here is the story. I've been flying along the Delaware River nearly everyday for almost a year. No the lay of the land very well. Today I was returning home from my 3rd battery. Cruising along just fine and out of no where the bird drops from the sky. Was flying with Litchi using VR goggles which give an amazing view. I didn't hit nothing, didn't see anything hit me I was only 1300 feet out and over 200 feet up. This was a backup bird a week old. Had maybe 10 flights on it with no issues."

Last edited:
While I always fly with goggles I never land with them. I hand catch and on home stretch goggles are removed and I nejng bird in by eye.

Right now, with no DJI record and no drone, you have basically nothing to show to them. I don't see why they would do something only based on your good faith. Worth a try, but that's a long shot.

I use Litchi exclusively for the VR mode...With a $25 pair of goggles and Litchi you get a great VR experience, so good in fact when I looked into my DJI Goggles I returned them in minutes. Couldn't compare.

I am sorry, out of context, but what goggles do you use?

While I always fly with goggles I never land with them. I hand catch and on home stretch goggles are removed and I nejng bird in by eye.

1300' out and 200' up is a far cry from landing distance and you didn't say that you had eyes on your copter in the original reply I quoted , my bad .
Even at that distance though unless your following your copter flying away from you it'll be very hard to blindly spot a copter or bird under certain lighting .

Final response from dji. Will try a supervisor again.

53a49066a29d02528b84b8dd780905a8.jpg
They do explicitly tell you to call them, if you don't agree. Make sure your call is escalated to the second level of supervisors. No one else can help you! Don't be a pushover! I've given you enough ammunition to take out the whole call center! :D Use it! :cool:

1300' out and 200' up is a far cry from landing distance and you didn't say that you had eyes on your copter in the original reply I quoted , my bad .
Even at that distance though unless your following your copter flying away from you it'll be very hard to blindly spot a copter or bird under certain lighting .
It's even harder to see a bird that wasn't there in the first place! ;)

They do explicitly tell you to call them, if you don't agree. Make sure your call is escalated to the second level of supervisors. No one else can help you! Don't be a pushover! I've given you enough ammunition to take out the whole call center! :D Use it! :cool:
Please please do take out the entire call center!! Slowly one by one, start at the knee caps!! :)

Reactions: bkushner
I am going to do it. Just have to plan a day I can spend the time.

Here is the home mark and where the bird went down. Not going to belabor the point

Attachments

• IMG_3683.PNG
    IMG_3683.PNG
    4 MB · Views: 294

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel