Just curious what antenna mod YOU are using.. feedback

Reactions: JohnnyB
L Com's and RF-Linx... now we are talking....lol
To many panel heads in this thread... J/K.... 40K = :tonguewink: holy nervous break down!!

Omni's do it in ALL directions...lmao

Turbo
I fret when it's over 10,000 out. I'm more into very low recon through buildings and trees. Like a UFO looking for cattle. Imagine the look on somebodys face when the Phantom idles around a corner at eye level.

I was using L-Coms on tripods, RF-Linx 1 watt amps directly into antenna.View attachment 74474 View attachment 74476

Very nice man, I love the way you set that up, simple and smart.. Antenna straight into the amp for best performance.. And utilizing the amp as a bracket to fix the entire system securely. Perfect!

What Dbi are the L-com? And is there a reason you went with 1watt amps?

I like the L-com, they seem much more sturdy and tough , and better for outdoor use, as in me leaving them fixed to the roof of my house :p

Could you send me a link to these?

Let us know next time you test what type of distances you get, and weather the vehicle running or turned off affected your range again or not.

Pretty burly looking antenna IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L Com's and RF-Linx... now we are talking....lol
To many panel heads in this thread... J/K.... 40K = :tonguewink: holy nervous break down!!

Omni's do it in ALL directions...lmao

Turbo

Hey turbo, do you know what a gt35r is? ;p

8.5 or 9 dB seems to work really well for house/car setup. Nice wide beam.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
Very nice man, I love the way you set that up, simple and smart.. Antenna straight into the amp for best performance.. And utilizing the amp as a bracket to fix the entire system securely. Perfect!

What Dbi are the L-com? And is there a reason you went with 1watt amps?

I like the L-com, they seem much more sturdy and tough , and better for outdoor use, as in me leaving them fixed to the roof of my house :p

Could you send me a link to these?

Let us know next time you test what type of distances you get, and weather the vehicle running or turned off affected your range again or not.

Pretty burly looking antenna IMO.

Very nice antennas:
2.4 GHz 9 dBi Desktop Omni Antenna - 4ft RP-SMA Connector - RE09U-RSP

These were the only RF-Linx I could get. RF-Links and pretty much everyone else cannot sell to the public. You must have radio communications qualifications in order to be able to buy these types of equipment. And JohnnyB refuses to sell me his.........

Didn't see the green dot. Thought you logged out. Sorry pal.
They are soo good even forums get saturated with their signals.

Simple test I did. I know it wasn't out far, but this test is for seeing how it reacts to being object blocked.:

It's hard for me to get good areas to fly/test. Night time flying is much more dangerous. And I'm only up at night in the winter hours. Summer hours are slightly better with longer daylight.

Signal bounce is a great thing! I loved getting behind the metal barn.. don't know what the heck signal bounced off of, but it made it back there somehow. Finished the job I was on today, got a layoff.. so hopefully I'll get to do some serious flying/testing between jobs and unemployment check naps.. honeydo's first tho.. then it's on! (unless they call me back out soon, which isn't a bad thing)

Reactions: Turbomania
Simple test I did. I know it wasn't out far, but this test is for seeing how it reacts to being object blocked.:

Pretty darn good penetration.. Specially where you live (looks like a lot of big buildings around you)

I think these are what I'll go for to use for my roof top/vehicle roof unit.. And if I get the ones with the magnetic bottom I could just build or make a heavy plate of steel, maybe 12" by 12" and mount that permanently to my roof, then when I wanna use them on my roof just stick them to the plate.. And when I wanna use them on my vehicle, just stick them to the top of that as well..

How far should you have these apart? I know they should always be perfectly parrellel but how far from one another? 2-5" gap? Or does it not matter.

Also if I buy the magnet base ones, what connector /adaptor end would I need to use it.. I prolly wouldn't be running my amps straight off it, I would most likely leave my amps on my controller just cuz it's easiest and I already have the controller mount and a power source for them right at the controller so changing all that constantly would be a pain in the ***.. Someday I may buy another pair of amps JUST for this reason.. But for now I'll be using the amps at the controller

LOL, Yes sir... A nice twin scroll turbo there my friend.

Right on, just checking ;) by far my favorite turbo of all time. Spool up was insanely fast even with a 4cyl. I use to hit 18lbs of boost at only 3200 rpm on a 1.8l motor. BOOOST

How far should you have these apart? I know they should always be perfectly parrellel but how far from one another? 2-5" gap? Or does it not matter.
It does matter. To close causes crosstalk. Farther the better. It's why Gram mounted on tripods to test with a wider spread. We also put them on the roof of the car with about a 4' spread and they work well.
Also if I buy the magnet base ones, what connector /adaptor end would I need to use it..
I had already answered this before you asked in post #226.

Using the link I posted of the L-Com mag mount antennas, you can choose what connector it has. There is a box you click to change it on that page.

Got ya.. I missed that post.. so would you say anywhere from 4-6' would prolly be a good starting point ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor