Just curious what antenna mod YOU are using.. feedback

Looks pretty darn good. I enjoy fabricating as much as flying. Lately I've been doing that more than flying. The attentuators are used with a rf meter to measure rf signal strengths.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
It doesn't look goofy at all. Well made platform.

Thanks guys. And I'm the same Gramm, love fabricating, always have. I use to work at this once garage where all we did was fabricate all day.. Did a lot of exhaust work. It's awesome when you get to build something from a pile of metal and be able to turn it I to something useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric

Hey Gramm what is this? And why would somebody want to use it. J/w

My boosters came in the mail today.. Can't wait to install them after work and try it out; both, on my antenna stand and directly on the remote.

Is it possible to use 2 boosters at the antenna, Then run cable out from the boosters to the remote where there are 2 more boosters?

Or will the first set of boosters burn up the second set.. Or maybe it would be too much for the antenna?

Just a thought.. Never seen anyone do this so I'm assuming it's either no possible or pointless to do.

My boosters came in the mail today.. Can't wait to install them after work and try it out; both, on my antenna stand and directly on the remote.

Is it possible to use 2 boosters at the antenna, Then run cable out from the boosters to the remote where there are 2 more boosters?

Or will the first set of boosters burn up the second set.. Or maybe it would be too much for the antenna?

Just a thought.. Never seen anyone do this so I'm assuming it's either no possible or pointless to do.

The boosters used commonly dont need a pre-amp/driver to work. You would either burn out or have over modulation. However, if using very long cable runs you prbly could use a low watt as a pre-amp at controller then a final amp at antenna. But this would be cumbersome.

These are attenuators, to reduce the power from transmitters to be able to measure output/db safely without burning up the meter/tester.

Hey so I got my booster kit from maxxuav all assembled.. One thing that is bothering me..

I used the two shorter black cables that originally came with my clean install kit to my maxxrange antenna , they are prolly only 4" long id say.. Well I managed to fit them in between the amp-out and the panel-in.. Only thing is they are a pretty tight fit ...I had to hold presure on the cable to make sure they threaded nice and striaght.. I didn't have to force it on by any means but it is def a tight fit.. And being that I will be taking this panel on and off so often I really don't wanna have to keep doing that Everytime ..

Here is the pic so you know what I mean.. Longer black cable 8" I think (I used from remote out- to amp-in.. and those are perfect in length..

a328b5d2a2519d814f945ec8b9a7d77c.jpg

I'm kinda OCD so I chose the small black cable to use between the amp and antenna for two reasons.. 1. Cuz it's the same exact type of cable that I used for the controller-out to the amp-in.. 2. Cuz shorter cable =less signal loss.. Plus this way all the cables match.

But I'm assuming that whether it's 4",6", or 8" that I use between the panel and the amp.. the signal loss will prob be so minimal that i wouldn't even notice any difference in signal regardless of which length I went with out of the 3 sizes.

So my question to you guys is what do you think? Should I stick with the black (almost too short-very snug fit cable) - or should I use the blue one, or the brown braided one.. I belive the blue one which is 12" is a higher grade than the 6" brown braided.. But the blue one is also 6' longer than the brown braided.. So would they be close to the same as far as signal loss?
6393c221df1f6654a6307afbf6a94cbd.jpg

I was thinking about just using the blue ( higher grade looking cable that came with my amps) and just coiling them like this so they fit nice and look nice.
4eae2468cc2a84bc0f26d98dbf042d25.jpg

I know I'm being picky.. And I'm sure none of this is gonna make hardly any difference in range.. But I'm just curious what you guys think out of the three cables. Thanks.

Last edited:
Performance wise you'll not see a noticeable difference. Handy to have the 3 sets to swap out if you need to.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Blue. The thinnest one has virtually no shielding

The Nether world

Blue. The thinnest one has virtually no shielding

The Nether world

Exactly what I was thinking.. I actually swapped it out with the blue one earlier today before I even checked back.. Glad I did cuz my run was even better after I changed it..

For some reason with the short black cable I was getting random screen glitches even tho I had full signal.. Once I changed it to the blue one I had no glitches and got even farther..

I'm assuming the black cable was just stretched way too far and wasn't making good connection even when i thought the fittings were "tight"

Glad I swapped it out. I just ended up coiling them, looks nice.

34c35cf03ba973e10139eb706b11d398.jpg
d86ccb05f191b9bebdd425da55e5f1c2.jpg
238c7c9b077d52e0325524b410fc8031.jpg

Thanks for the response Gramm

Ps. I LOVE the new setup.. Places where I couldn't even make it cuz of too much trees and interference I made it and more with the boosters.. Places I had to be 400-600 feet high to get reception with the panel, I can now do at only 150-350 feet with the boosters + panel.

Man it's perfect. It's just that extra penetration I needed around my area.. Now NOTHING is out of my reach.. I can go anywhere I please and still get nearly full bars. Can't say enough about it..

Havnt tried it yet with the panel on my antenna mount I made and the 50' of rg6, but I'm assuming the difference is gonna be very noticeable :)

- There also use to be quite a bit of slop with my panel mount when on the controller.. now with the booster bracket, it snugs up the panel bracket nicely and there is no more slop. Also the controller sits much more level now with the maxxrange panel where before it was kinda odd because it sat very slanted with just the controller and the panel alone.

Last edited:
Exactly what I was thinking.. I actually swapped it out with the blue one earlier today before I even checked back.. Glad I did cuz my run was even better after I changed it..

For some reason with the short black cable I was getting random screen glitches even tho I had full signal.. Once I changed it to the blue one I had no glitches and got even farther..

I'm assuming the black cable was just stretched way too far and wasn't making good connection even when i thought the fittings were "tight"

Glad I swapped it out. I just ended up coiling them, looks nice.

34c35cf03ba973e10139eb706b11d398.jpg
d86ccb05f191b9bebdd425da55e5f1c2.jpg
238c7c9b077d52e0325524b410fc8031.jpg

Thanks for the response Gramm

Looks good Biff. That's about the best you're gonna get that set up.

Now that that's finally all done.. Now it's time to start looking for a good bidirectional for the house roof :p

May just start saving up for w couple L-coms

Reactions: JohnnyB
9db

At my sister's place in Nashville TN.. brought the drone to get some pics of her place for her and just used the 9 dB itelite unboosted.. pretty darn impressive. Not pointing the antenna anywhere.. even 400' straight up.. 100% whole time. Done some tree cuttin' too.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj