Just curious what antenna mod YOU are using.. feedback

Found original test video. REFERENCE ONLY:
Did use 3 watt amps, but notice alt. vs. distance:

Reactions: JohnnyB
Maxxrange is very directional.. itelite is also directional.. but a wider beam.. the omni TP-link antenna Gram posted is all directional, 360° coverage, which is better for a house set-up. You'll be flying in all directions from the house. The panel antennas, (maxxrange and itelite) will out perform any omni "if" your always aiming towards the bird. See the difference now?

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes! way out perform, but you need to be pointed in the drone's direction. Omni's= anywhere , panels= excactly where?

My house is surrounded 95% by tall tree's/ other houses. and 90 % interferance of Multiple WIFI anger ( I have 3 WIFI repeaters alone)

All those tests were done on 15-20 ft. antenna mast (PVC pipe)

Nice man.. So I may just use those same ones then.. Shrink wrap them and fix them perminently to my house roof and hardware the cable.. I'm sure I will get much better results once I have the boosters.. 50' RG6 with out boosters = a lot of signal loss, you had the Sunhans that I have orderd, so I'm thinking once I try it with the Amps that I'll prolly be very happy with the results and might not even need LMR cable.. I don't fly far when I fly from inside my house.. Just 1000-2000 feet tops tops.. But mostly 500-1500 feet around my house and area.. So I think the boosters along with the rg6 may work just fine.. And yah locations and what's in my area could def make a difference on signal obv.. So if I'm still not satisfied then I'll go LMR from there.. I already got the rg6 so I would like to just use it if I could make it work.

And Johnny, I'm gonna be buying the same tripod you did, I like it slot and for 20ish $ it's perfect. I'll use that with my maxxrange .. Cable extensions or not .. Think it's gonna be just perfect. Even if I put the tripod on the roof of my vehicle, ran a couple 6' rg6 from my maxxrange mounted to the tripod and then I could sit inside my vehicle and still get darn good distances.

And Gramm you said it's always best to keep the amps as close to the antenna as possible.. But it's difficult to do? I would assume this is because it will be harder to power the amps from they arnt mounted to your controller or arnt very close to where you and the controller are stationed ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maxxrange is very directional.. itelite is also directional.. but a wider beam.. the omni TP-link antenna Gram posted is all directional, 360° coverage, which is better for a house set-up. You'll be flying in all directions from the house. The panel antennas, (maxxrange and itelite) will out perform any omni "if" your always aiming towards the bird. See the difference now?

Yes I do.. So the omni with coils would be best for outside my house and me flying from inside obv cuz I won't always be directly Infront of the antenna .. So I may get those.. But being that they would be tough to weather proof and I wanna make something more permanent I may just buy the two antennas Gramm got from Amazon..

Thanks for the feedback about the omni coiled antenna.. That's basically what I was wondering is how much they differd from the Max's UAV panels ..

I did however get the omni antenna bracket with my evo kit.. It was only 5$ extra so I said what the hell why not... Maybe someday I'll get one just for flying around closer distances and don't always wanna or have to aim it directly at the quad .

Imo then, the panels are best for just long range cuz of the size and weight of them.. And for just playing around your house the omni coil antenna would be best for shorter runs and not having the weight to carry but will still be very affective with out always having to point directly at the quad itself .. **** it I may just buy them both.. The fpvlr omni antenna for quick easy play, and the 2 antenna Gramm has off amazon to perminently mount to the roof of my house .. And through trial and error with the cable ans boosters I will then decide if I should stick with the rg6 (if I'm satisfied) or change to LMR depending on length (if I'm not satisfied)

Omni's...
0f4177ee9f32bc07db1d0c99a2e1869f.jpg

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Nice man.. So I may just use those same ones then.. Shrink wrap them and fix them perminently to my house roof and hardware the cable.. I'm sure I will get much better results once I have the boosters.. 50' RG6 with out boosters = a lot of signal loss, you had the Sunhans that I have orderd, so I'm thinking once I try it with the Amps that I'll prolly be very happy with the results and might not even need LMR cable.. I don't fly far when I fly from inside my house.. Just 1000-2000 feet tops tops.. But mostly 500-1500 feet around my house and area.. So I think the boosters along with the rg6 may work just fine.. And yah locations and what's in my area could def make a difference on signal obv.. So if I'm still not satisfied then I'll go LMR from there.. I already got the rg6 so I would like to just use it if I could make it work.

And Johnny, I'm gonna be buying the same tripod you did, I like it slot and for 20ish $ it's perfect. I'll use that with my maxxrange .. Cable extensions or not .. Think it's gonna be just perfect. Even if I put the tripod on the roof of my vehicle, ran a couple 6' rg6 from my maxxrange mounted to the tripod and then I could sit inside my vehicle and still get darn good distances.

And Gramm you said it's always best to keep the amps as close to the antenna as possible.. But it's difficult to do? I would assume this is because it will be harder to power the amps from they arnt mounted to your controller or arnt very close to where you and the controller are stationed ..

Positioning amps at antenna is harder cause of... weight at antenna top. powering is easy . power has virtually no loss. Yes try your test flights with 7 db antennas/RG-6. 50ft.cable length.15/20ft mast/height. Then try amps, then try.... (it never ends)..

Positioning amps at antenna is harder cause of... weight at antenna top. powering is easy . power has virtually no loss. Yes try your test flights with 7 db antennas/RG-6. 50ft.cable length.15/20ft mast/height. Then try amps, then try.... (it never ends)..
SHRINK WRAP/TAPE ONLY THE JOINTS

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
Experiment: Different days/different antenna positions/different missions: see the differences...

Imo then, the panels are best for just long range cuz of the size and weight of them.. And for just playing around your house the omni coil antenna would be best for shorter runs and not having the weight to carry but will still be very affective with out always having to point directly at the quad itself .. **** it I may just buy them both.. The fpvlr omni antenna for quick easy play, and the 2 antenna Gramm has off amazon to perminently mount to the roof of my house .. And through trial and error with the cable ans boosters I will then decide if I should stick with the rg6 (if I'm satisfied) or change to LMR depending on length (if I'm not satisfied)

Panels= focused signal =less outside noise=less signal outside radius....

I'm pissed that one of my RF-Linx (may be bad)... need to sleep , then wake to test it. I ordered a replacement, but I think it's .....bad.

I'm pissed that one of my RF-Linx (may be bad)... need to sleep , then wake to test it. I ordered a replacement, but I think it's .....bad.
Yeah, hate that for ya. Getting ready to go test maxxrange.
It would be funny to hear you sleep... (Sleep talking... (Mumbling) bad amp.. lmr 400.. gotta test this.. fat chicks... Volkswagen... ) Lol

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
It would be funny to hear you sleep... (Sleep talking... (Mumbling) bad amp.. lmr 400.. gotta test this.. fat chicks... Volkswagen... ) Lol

Laughs...

What Dbi are the grey ones? And do omni directional only go up to a certain Dbi? Cuz you would think after 9-10dbi it would start to become a directional and not omni ..

db.... a zen thing....

I'm about to go out into the big open "old runway" near my house.. My Naibor already gave me permission, my buddy is bringing his p4 and his race quad, I'm bringing my p3 with batt mod and maxxrange.. Sure wish I had the boosters today cuz it's perfect out for testing! Sunny, 50 degrees, and only 5-7mph wind, I'm hoping cuz of the location and direction change that I can get close to 20k feet today! Bringing my venom duo pro charger and my whole kit.

We will be out there for 2-4 hours today I can't wait. Leaving soon. I will let you guys know my results today!

My next day off is Tuesday, I should have my boosters/evo kit by then, so Tuesday will be another big test day for me once I get it installed .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel