Just confirmed I have ESC 2.1, here's my Serial Number

I posted this email in another thread but its also very relevant here:

XXXX,

We are sorry you are dissatisfied with the customer service.

We have no way of knowing what ESCs the manufacturer uses. We normally do not open any boxes from the manufacturer to maintain the new condition. It is very likely if we sent you another unit it would have the same unmarked ESCs. I checked our inventory of parts (which we got last week) and all our ESCs are 2.0. We would have been unable to help you.

Regards,

XXX

Regards,

XXXXXXXX
CopterShop Customer Support
1-844 COPTER1 (1-844-334-2221)

russianfront said:
I posted this email in another thread but its also very relevant here:

XXXX,

We are sorry you are dissatisfied with the customer service.

We have no way of knowing what ESCs the manufacturer uses. We normally do not open any boxes from the manufacturer to maintain the new condition. It is very likely if we sent you another unit it would have the same unmarked ESCs. I checked our inventory of parts (which we got last week) and all our ESCs are 2.0. We would have been unable to help you.

Regards,

XXX

Regards,

XXXXXXXX
CopterShop Customer Support
1-844 COPTER1 (1-844-334-2221)

Hmm...I didn't even get a response from them. I guess getting an exchange tough Amazon would do nothing.

I ordered my Phantom 2 V2.0 directly from DJI in California. I received it 1/12/15.
Serial # PH645424*** I would have thought it would be one of the latest serial numbers since I ordered it from DJI but guess not.
No version # on ESC boards.
Does have the new 2312 motors.
I am going to keep flying and hope for the best.

Well I just received my 2nd phantom vision plus v3.0 today, the first one was from B+H and I returned it because of the no marking escs, and I returned my second one today to DDM racing which had the new wifi module but still no markings on the escs :( :x Im getting burned out on the esc issue...About 5 guys have bought from DDM using amazon and have recieved the V2.1 escs so I figured I would get the same, but thats what I get for figuring. Im thinking of moving on to the TURBO ACE MATRIX which can fly for 45 minutes and travels 60mph, plus with the long range set up I can get 2 miles or better. What do you guys think? Should I move on? Here is the serial number PH645441XXX and once again 'no marking escs' and new wifi module.

When you guys ship back to DJI for RMA, what do you include with the copter? everything that came with it or just the copter (no controller or anything else) I have an RMA request with DJI for about my ESCs and my batteries not updating to the new V2.6 firmware. I am just including both batteries and copter nothing else in the box to them.

DOT1337 said:
When you guys ship back to DJI for RMA, what do you include with the copter? everything that came with it or just the copter (no controller or anything else) I have an RMA request with DJI for about my ESCs and my batteries not updating to the new V2.6 firmware. I am just including both batteries and copter nothing else in the box to them.

They instructed me to send the controller as well so that proper association during testing would be maintained.

Serial # 645466 Version 3.0
Vented WIFI
2.1 ESC
Bought from Amazon mid-December
Flown at least 30 times with no issues then just tumbled like a rock from about 300'.

Attachments

• IMG_0344.JPG
    IMG_0344.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 612
Serial #645468 Version 3.0
Non-Vented WiFi
2.1 ESC
Purchased from Amazon (CopterShop) on January 12, 2015

Attachments

• IMG_2589.JPG
    IMG_2589.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 635
Bird #2
Serial # 645442 V3.0
No markings on ESC's
Vented WIFI
No markings on motors
Flown 30-40 times with no issues
Bought through Amazon mid-December

WSD1 said:
Serial # 645466 Version 3.0
Vented WIFI
2.1 ESC
Bought from Amazon mid-December
Flown at least 30 times with no issues then just tumbled like a rock from about 300'.

Holy crap! I wonder if the red wire was disconnected before or after the crash

I am leaning towards the separated wire causing the crash. It was at 300' but i definitely noticed a drop on one side and then it just fell from the sky.

Hay WSD,
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Btw what were the circumstances? Were you speeding, descending, hovering or ..... at that time. Did you have full gps lock? What was the battery status at the time? Have you ever had a tip-over or mild crash with your bird? What were the light of the bird abd the app telling you?
We need answers on those questions to be able to assist you in figuring out what the hell happend to you and your bird.

Hey WSD1, would you say that the wire is a clean break? Or is it overheated there at the tip of the wire? Its kinda hard to tell how its seperated. It doesn't appear that the solder broke. :?

I just bought a phantom 2 vison + with all the talk about the secs do you guys think I should send it back thanks

Take a peek inside. Firstly, the motor cans should have an imprint that clearly states..."2312" on the outside. The ESC printed on the white label should "say 2.1" on the end. If you bought a new Phantom PT2V+ Version 3.0, these are the things to look for. If not,return it. Thats what you paid for

Took the cover off my new P2V+ v3.0 and found the following:

All ESC's marked v2.1
Wires were mostly clear of the MOSFET's except right next to the solder points. I bent them slightly more vertically to clear them more completely.
Vented WiFi
Serial #PH645485xxx
Purchased through Amazon from Drones Etc. on 1/16/15

All the internal features were present as shown in this post:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 2&page=592

I guess I'm as good to go as I can be.

Gary

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads