Just confirmed I have ESC 2.1, here's my Serial Number

happydays said:
Prylar Bek said:
Me too. This question has been asked before What is DJI going to do with all these returns? Update and rebox to sell as new?

I would be of that opinion. Maybe not DJI, but the Amazon resellers. At the end of the day, it is valuable stock for a retailer. They can't just scrap it like many would want them to - that would be commercial suicide. I wouldn't think DJI would accept returns of unused goods from retailers without proven manufacturing defects.

I think that if I were in the market right now for a phantom, I'd wait a few weeks to let some of the old stock clear out. And I'd call the retailer to see how old their stock is before ordering. My retailer is a small operation - quadcopters.co.uk - and I have spoken to a few of them already. Personal touch is important as is trust between seller and purchaser.

But I've been lucky so far. My Phantom has absolutely no issues, but then again it is a V2.

And what do your ESC say?

I have question:

So apparently if the ESC is marked v2.0 (as opposed to unmarked ESC), then it's "sort-of" OK? Is there anyone returning/trading their V3 with the marked v2.0 for another V3 with v2.1 ESC?

I went ahead and exchanged mine for a new one. You can add this data to the spreadsheet if you want. Ordered 1/11/15 directly from Amazon (not a re-seller). S/N PH645480, V3.0. I have a vented WIFI module, ESC V2.1 and do not get 4 beeps at start-up.

COtto1984 said:
I went ahead and exchanged mine for a new one. You can add this data to the spreadsheet if you want. Ordered 1/11/15 directly from Amazon (not a re-seller). S/N PH645480, V3.0. I have a vented WIFI module, ESC V2.1 and do not get 4 beeps at start-up.
Do your motors show their markings on the case?

Eltrochaphantom said:
happydays said:
Prylar Bek said:
Me too. This question has been asked before What is DJI going to do with all these returns? Update and rebox to sell as new?

I would be of that opinion. Maybe not DJI, but the Amazon resellers. At the end of the day, it is valuable stock for a retailer. They can't just scrap it like many would want them to - that would be commercial suicide. I wouldn't think DJI would accept returns of unused goods from retailers without proven manufacturing defects.

I think that if I were in the market right now for a phantom, I'd wait a few weeks to let some of the old stock clear out. And I'd call the retailer to see how old their stock is before ordering. My retailer is a small operation - quadcopters.co.uk - and I have spoken to a few of them already. Personal touch is important as is trust between seller and purchaser.

But I've been lucky so far. My Phantom has absolutely no issues, but then again it is a V2.

And what do your ESC say?

No idea. It's a V2 so it wouldn't have any 2.1s in there.

Phantom 2 Vision+ PH645204xxx v2.0 -- ESC 2.0 -- 11-22-2014 -- refurb from DJI Tech, Torrance, CA
Phantom 2 Vision+ PH645373xxx v2.0 -- ESC x.x -- 09-12-2014 -- direct from DJI
Phantom 2 Vision+ PH645450xxx v3.0 -- ESC 2.0 -- 10-28-2014 -- direct from DJI -- vented WiFi

None of the Phantom have 4 beeps after the initial start-up tone scale.

Re: Just confirmed I have ESC 2.0 here's my Serial Number

I purchased mine from US HOBBY in Las Vegas on 12/29/2014
S/N is PH645382477 V2.0
Model No. PV 3331

Can you explain why this info is needed?

Thanks,
Don

Prylar Bek said:
COtto1984 said:
Do your motors show their markings on the case?
No they do not.

Hdman1216 said:
I purchased mine from US HOBBY in Las Vegas on 12/29/2014
S/N is PH645382477 V2.0
Model No. PV 3331

Can you explain why this info is needed?

Thanks,
Don
To find a relation between serial number-sequence and v3 phantoms a risk and v3 phantoms not at risk because of the ecs-issue.

I just got my second phantom Vision Plus version 3 from B&H Photo and it has 2.0 second vented wifi unit.I return my old one that had unmarked es ease so I don't know what to do but just keep it and fly or return it and just get my cash back just wanted updated bIrd

I have the ESC V2.1 on my drone. I purchased my Phantom 2 Version 2 on 12/8/2014 from Amazon (Seller Lilliputmon). My serial number, minus the last three digits, is PH646012XXX V2.0.

i have a P2V+ v2.0. Just opened the top and my ESCs have no version number on them (but they do have a blue mark on them). Serial number is PH645384988. I bought mine around 12/14-12/16/14 at a Amazon Discount Store that is local. I do not have 4 beeps after the initial start up beeps.

Hope this helps

Blue mark means nothing....a board assembly mark indicating to the QA inspector that the capacitor was checked for polarity on assembly (electrolytic capacitors have to be hand assembled, not by machine). 4 beeps means nothing....none of the hardware version 2.0 ESCs running Phantom 3.06 firmware have the mythical 4 beeps.

If your ESCs have no version on the label and 2312 motors, your motors are incompatible with your ESCs, according to DJI.

Just opened mine up and this is what I found,
Serial number PH645396 V 3.0
ESC 2.1
WiFi Vented
Updated motors
Purchased 12-27-2014 From Manics Hobby in Plantation Fl

MacCool said:
DJI sent me the following. I don't have anything to complain about their CS yet either.

W.E. (DJI Technology)
Jan 13 17:27

Dear ......,

Thank you for contacting DJI.

The issues that you're describing require for you to send in your unit for repair.

In order to be issued an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number, we encourage you to call our support staff via phone to discuss your options.

You may contact us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789.

Thank you for choosing DJI,
"The Future of Possible!”

DJI Customer Service North America

I just got the same email response. Did you call and send yours back?

HaM-73 said:
MacCool said:
DJI sent me the following. I don't have anything to complain about their CS yet either.

W.E. (DJI Technology)
Jan 13 17:27

Dear ......,

Thank you for contacting DJI.

The issues that you're describing require for you to send in your unit for repair.

In order to be issued an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number, we encourage you to call our support staff via phone to discuss your options.

You may contact us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789.

Thank you for choosing DJI,
"The Future of Possible!”

DJI Customer Service North America

I just got the same email response. Did you call and send yours back?

I haven't done that yet, but I'm going to. I've been flying the crap out of that Phantom. Yesterday was 3 batteries/50 minutes, mostly in ATTI but with a lot of Course Lock strafing video. Full power up and down the lake, skidding turns...lots of "violent air maneuvers". About 10 min into each flight I landed and checked the temp of each arm with an IR thermometer. The thing flew very well, arm temps over the ESCs were all equal and were only slight higher than mid body. Air temps were mid 20s. No performance issues at all.

Prylar Bek said:
Same Sent back. Been 10 days. No word

You live in SoCal ? Where did you have to send it? I thought it was also Cal. If that is true one would hope you would be hearing something soon. Also, did DJI cover the cost of shipping.

I haven't done that yet, but I'm going to. I've been flying the crap out of that Phantom. Yesterday was 3 batteries/50 minutes, mostly in ATTI but with a lot of Course Lock strafing video. Full power up and down the lake, skidding turns...lots of "violent air maneuvers". About 10 min into each flight I landed and checked the temp of each arm with an IR thermometer. The thing flew very well, arm temps over the ESCs were all equal and were only slight higher than mid body. Air temps were mid 20s. No performance issues at all.[/quote]

what escape and WiFi do you have in your bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl