Jellos effect

Reaction score
I've looked through the thread but didn't find anything on jello. If there is a thread can someone direct me to it? I have slight jello effect in some of my videos. What causes this? What can I do to fix it? Should I contact DJI?

There are two reasons for jello effect, 1. Lighting and 2. Vibrations on the craft.

For improving the light effects one can use filters, where as for improving the vibrations, one can balance the props.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ok I did some more digging and it's not present in all my videos. Weird

it could be you are on the edge with the jello issue and you change your motor(s) speeds.... turning, yawing etc and that could set it off... if you are that much on the "edge" I'd look into some ND filters as mentioned above :)

it could be you are on the edge with the jello issue and you change your motor(s) speeds.... turning, yawing etc and that could set it off... if you are that much on the "edge" I'd look into some ND filters as mentioned above :)
What about exchanging? Or is it common?

By "edge" what exactly do you mean? Im sorry I'm still trying to learn all of this.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My first couple of flights have no jello. I know I was using the provided sd card then I can't remember if I had changed the card around the time it starts in my video collection. I also did not mess with camera settings the first couple flights. I did mess with them a little after, and got confused so I stopped and maybe my camera settings are wrong? How do I go back to the original settings out of box? I really don't know where to go from here. I would hate to exchange if I don't have too. Is this a common problem on the p4p? I need your help guys

The jello happens in 4k 30 but not 4k 60. So I believe my settings are wrong for 4k 30. Time to fiddle around and see what I can do about it

By "edge" what exactly do you mean? Im sorry I'm still trying to learn all of this.

I mean you might have a slight vibration problem, but not enough to have it show up all the time... maybe just in bright conditions.

Try shooting on a cloudy or dark overcast day... if you see no jello then I'd try ND filters to cut down the amount of light into the camera on sunny/bright days.

I mean you might have a slight vibration problem, but not enough to have it show up all the time... maybe just in bright conditions.

Try shooting on a cloudy or dark overcast day... if you see no jello then I'd try ND filters to cut down the amount of light into the camera on sunny/bright days.
It's only happens on 4k 30 fps not 4k 60fps. What does that mean? Shutter speed set wrong?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl