ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

I got my antenna today and then I realized that it won't work with my wifi module because I have the inputs put in a different way then can be used with the bracket what a waste of money I am not going to re drill holes kinda bummed out.
I was looking at this the other day on mine and I think if you take the bracket off then use Velcro to stick it to the top of the repeater. It's to good of a antenna not to try something else. Just my opinion of course.

If you guys installed itelite panel and want bird side antennas here are the best dipoles you could ever get for the bird side
http://fpvlr.com/store/product/2-4ghz-dipole-kit-for-p2v-itelite-panel/
Well that's great to see now ! Have the P2V and the Stage 3 FPVLR's and got the itelite to try but could never find anything that got me any distance for the bird sides so I sold it and just went back to the FPVLR ones .Now ya make some . Now ya gonna make some 5.8's for it also ?

I was looking at this the other day on mine and I think if you take the bracket off then use Velcro to stick it to the top of the repeater. It's to good of a antenna not to try something else. Just my opinion of course.
Yeah I am sure that would work it I already got rid of it though I guess I will have to stick with my FPVLR setup good thing I didn't order the dipoles then I would have been out 300 bucks.

Yeah I am sure that would work it I already got rid of it though I guess I will have to stick with my FPVLR setup good thing I didn't order the dipoles then I would have been out 300 bucks.
$300? The antenna is only $98, right?

Not knocking the FPVLR stuff, but I don't have as good results with it as I do the DBS one.

$300? The antenna is only $98, right?

Not knocking the FPVLR stuff, but I don't have as good results with it as I do the DBS one.
I got 8500' with those and only 3000' with the DBS one so I guess it just depends on how you have it set up .

No I ordered dipoles with it I have a birdside mod already I have to switch my antennas to use the dbs antenna
I tried all kinds on my birdsides and even asked several times what to use and never could get any answers that helped me . Not saying they won't you but I just got tired of trying .
I liked the itelite panel as I could fly lower and still have FPV but just couldn't get no distance . If I had left the stock 5.8 antennas on mine I might have done better but they been long gone .

Hi I want to buy the 19dbi ITelite patch antenna. Does anyone have any knowledge regarding the connector, whether its SMA or RP-SMA? thanks.

Hi I want to buy the 19dbi ITelite patch antenna. Does anyone have any knowledge regarding the connector, whether its SMA or RP-SMA? thanks.
If you talking about the antenna this thread is about start at the beginning and skip through some pages and you will see it . I can't recall just what ya call it .

I'm using an amplified DBS itelite antenna. I'm consistently getting around 11,200 feet . I Haven't Done any mods to the bird and I'm using the lowest fpv settings . Should I be getting more distance ? Or is this about right? Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with this because it is pretty much all my battery can handle. Thank you DBS and itelite !!

Would you explain how you have amplified the IteLite antenna?

I have two models of the P2V+. One is the version-3 model and the other is not. I purchased an IteLite antenna for each and have been testing this set up for over a month. I am not trying to break any distance records but I can never achieve anything close to the 8000 feet that I saw in the Youtube video.

When testing for distance I usually choose a remote location where I have a clear line of sight over one mile. I always make certain that all batteries were fully charged. As for the AA batteries – I never fly with used ones. The older model PV2+ seems to perform the best. At just over 3000 feet distance the return-to-home kicks in. The same thing happens with the newer v3 controller but it usually makes it to about 2600 feet which is about the 800 meters claimed for a stock set up.

Of course I can live with this but I am a little disappointed with the antennas. If someone can achieve a distance of 8000 feet with these antennas I can reasonably expect to achieve half of that. If I cannot – this is puzzling. I am mainly looking for suggestions on how to improve the performance. Perhaps the booster app will help, or some bird-side mod?

Woohoo! 15166 feet with out any external boosters, with no loss of FPV. who sys that two antenna companies cannot collaborate. Props to Dbs Mods ITElite Antenna panel and FPVLR dipoles fplvr.com. A great combination for your Phantom Vision +.

Yes now we have the 5.8s too. Sorry for not thinking about this earlier. As usual I was forced into it by demanding customers :)
**** ...here I go again :eek:
You will have these as a kit right and will they go on as the one's I have now like 1 5.8 up and 1 down
and the opposite on the other side of bird ?

Last edited:
Woohoo! 15166 feet with out any external boosters, with no loss of FPV. who sys that two antenna companies cannot collaborate. Props to Dbs Mods ITElite Antenna panel and FPVLR dipoles fplvr.com. A great combination for your Phantom Vision +.
Dang dude ya link took me where I don't go :(
How bout a picture of how you have the bird sides set up ? :)

Reactions: dirkclod
OK ..you just have the 2.4's . I already have mine like this with the hangers from Tony , fpvlr's.jpg They are the opposite on the other side.
I will have to see what the 5.8 one's look like he has come out with to see how that will do .
The issue ..not really an issue ...is transporting mine as those antennas I have do bend and that changes all . When I got the itelite panel what I really liked was how it transported without any problems . I then tried the fat shark types of dipoles and liked the way I could put them down but just couldn't get no distance .
So like a dummy I got rid of it and just went back to the FPVLR set up . Now gonna have to get another one to try this out !!
Me need a ..gofunddirk... thing :D
Thanks for getting me those pictures buddy !!!

I notice that your antenna CP (Circular polarized). But my antennas are LP (linear Polarized) which matches the ITElite panel. Looks like you will need to buy the same kind of antennas I have to match with the ITElite panels.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164