ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Nice 7300.. man i don't see mine going to that, I have i nice los with nothing in the way, I am pointing the antenna at it and the best i can get is the 3500, that is with no mod the the P2 just the antenna .
Nothing on my bird side to just stock. What height are you at?

275ft to 350ft.
go higher I am at 500' antenna face 90 degrees to the ground. My site is a hill top flying out over a valley.

The aim is everything. When I reached 6000' moving the angle 1/8" got me to 7300'.

Hi,
I just joined, this may have been already discussed some where.
I have a phantom 2 vision + v3 and I have just installed the itellite DBS phantom mod antenna. I purchased it to help with the control more than he fpv. Just flew a ground station flight about 1500' out.
Fpv no failure, but control signal was lost at varying distances all the way out. Any feedback would be appreciated. Additionally, I would like to ask, are you using ground station to fly out the 3000-8000 feet distances, when testing these long distance flights or are you controlling the phantom??

No GS...strictly flying with the antenna...

275ft to 350ft.

Well altitude helps for sure. I have seen guys go over 2 miles stock with a "little" altitude. So what was you doing stock? Must be a far cry from DJI claimed 1.2 miles?

EDIT.... SORRY thought you had a P3 :(

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Well altitude helps for sure. I have seen guys go over 2 miles stock with a "little" altitude. So what was you doing stock? Must be a far cry from DJI claimed 1.2 miles?
Hi, not sure of your question, but at 370ft High i got out to 3850 today, but the wind has really picked up so i haven't tried any more. and mine is all stock on the phantom side

Sorry I thought I read you are flying a P3. Which model do you have?

Gotcha. Big difference.

Its probably OK. There can be a huge difference based on the altitude you are flying. Some of these guys with big numbers are flying a 'few' hundred feet higher than you.

Ya i hope to get out to the dry lake and see what it can do.
Thanks for all the input guys!

G

I want to give a shout out to the guys at IT elite antennas. I needed them to overnight me an antenna so I could receive it in time for my departure flight to South America, and they did it for me immediately even though I hadn't yet paid for the additional shipping charges.

I am really impressed with their service. I am sure I will be equally impressed with the performance of the antenna on my P2V+

I'm using an amplified DBS itelite antenna. I'm consistently getting around 11,200 feet . I Haven't Done any mods to the bird and I'm using the lowest fpv settings . Should I be getting more distance ? Or is this about right? Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with this because it is pretty much all my battery can handle. Thank you DBS and itelite !!

i am losing control signal before video signal, is it possible to disconnect the itelite 5.8 antenna (at the plug where it goes into the tx) and install a separate antenna so i can try out how much further i can get? will this affect the itelite antenna in any way?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka