ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Thanks DBS !!! For modifying my Android Tablet with the DBS Heli-Pad Mod !
Adding the ITELITE DBS Phantom 2 Antenna and REDbird 5.8ghz RC Repeater... it works beyond my expectations !!!

As the pics show, I now use two controllers:
  • One controller is for the Blue Bird Repeater Drone (carries two repeaters for the worker drone)
  • The other controller is for the Red Bird Worker Drone
After flying numerous two-drone flights, I don't wanna go back to one drone and one controller.

Notice there is no WiFi Repeater Module mounted on the Controller.

Wow this is great! With this I don't have to get rid of my Phantom 2 and Phantom vision plus. Certainly expands the capability fo my existing aerial assets.

Any new word on availability????

Just heard back from ITELITE yesterday and they are saying "end of May - first week of June"

AND... looks like the panel will be smaller than the P2V+ model
AND... they are saying it will be just one model to cover the INSPIRE 1/Phantom 3 Pro/Phantom 3 Advanced versions... to keep cost and pricepoint down... it will be called "ITELITE DBS Lightbridge"

That's all I know so far.

Cool DBS ! See what they recommend for bird side's for those that need em :)
Something like ....ITELITE BIRD SIDES !

Cool DBS ! See what they recommend for bird side's for those that need em :)
Something like ....ITELITE BIRD SIDES !
You won't need bird side for the LightBridge stuff... it will be a moot point... the current setup will run as far as the battery can possibly fly with 360° rotation and strong connection... maybe if somebody came up with a solid battery mod? :cool:

You won't need bird side for the LightBridge stuff... it will be a moot point... the current setup will run as far as the battery can possibly fly with 360° rotation and strong connection... maybe if somebody came up with a solid battery mod? :cool:
Maybe not for the P3 but for the other :) Ya must have a lot going on and forgot about the other issue with the Vision needing Bird sides.
Was just saying it would be nice if they had some that matched !

Maybe not for the P3 but for the other :) Ya must have a lot going on and forgot about the other issue with the Vision needing Bird sides.
Was just saying it would be nice if they had some that matched !

I see your point there... would be nice to have some solid reliable dipoles or 3dBi linear patches small enough to be mounted inconspicuously somewhere on the bird without messing up the looks and aerodynamics like some of the others do... I will pass this info on to ITELITE and see what they say about the whole idea sir. :cool:

If you are going to go with external antennas on the birdside... I would shoot for some good quality rubber ducky dipoles... as Mohan has done here...
20150416_165603156_ios-jpg.17305

20150416_165556296_ios-jpg.17304

They will surely match the linear polarity of the DBS Phantom Plus antenna the best... and also give you better overall 360° coverage than the stock DJI patches.

Can't argue with the distance he got over a residential area....

Where can I find one guide to instal this kind of antennas?

I just tried it in a different location and got the same results, about 2500'. What could be the problem?

So, I've replaced both the WiFi extender and the WiFi module (with the newer vented one) and now I'm only getting out to around 2000'. That's less than I was getting with the old components! The control signal is still strong, it's always the WiFi that's dropping. I'm really wondering if there's something wrong with WiFi antenna in my panel. There's really no other variable except the antennas on the bird, which appear to be ok and connected properly. Any ideas?

So, I've replaced both the WiFi extender and the WiFi module (with the newer vented one) and now I'm only getting out to around 2000'. That's less than I was getting with the old components! The control signal is still strong, it's always the WiFi that's dropping. I'm really wondering if there's something wrong with WiFi antenna in my panel. There's really no other variable except the antennas on the bird, which appear to be ok and connected properly. Any ideas?

is your fpv preview setting to the lowest level ?

We are in the same boat! I've done the same parts exchanges you have and have been flying with the same fpv settings. Weather here has been HORRIBLE and I haven't been able to fly for two weeks. I'm looking forward to testing the lower FPV settings mentioned by Clayton. Let us know if that changes your distance and I'll do the same as soon as I can get out to fly!

We are in the same boat! I've done the same parts exchanges you have and have been flying with the same fpv settings. Weather here has been HORRIBLE and I haven't been able to fly for two weeks. I'm looking forward to testing the lower FPV settings mentioned by Clayton. Let us know if that changes your distance and I'll do the same as soon as I can get out to fly!

mind you max i am getting with the lowest FPV setting is around 3000 feet.

Last edited:
mind you max i am getting with the lowest FPV setting is around 3000 feet.

Although not super important at shorter distances, up to a couple thousand feet, at longer distances, you need to really be mindful of pointing the antenna in the proper direction.

After a few hundred feet, you cannot even see the bird and what has helped me was the "wifi wand" in the fpv app. I could not see a similar display in your attached screenshot. This wand helps me orient my antenna to where the bird is and displays signal strength as a function of the wand's color (eg green is good, red not so good).

This may help achieve further distances. At 10,000 feet, the slightest misdirection and signal was lost.

Food for thought!

Although not super important at shorter distances, up to a couple thousand feet, at longer distances, you need to really be mindful of pointing the antenna in the proper direction.

After a few hundred feet, you cannot even see the bird and what has helped me was the "wifi wand" in the fpv app. I could not see a similar display in your attached screenshot. This wand helps me orient my antenna to where the bird is and displays signal strength as a function of the wand's color (eg green is good, red not so good).

This may help achieve further distances. At 10,000 feet, the slightest misdirection and signal was lost.

Food for thought!

yes i am always pointing the remote / antenna towards the bird, this location where i flew is the best range i get, south, and with the least obstructions, i am flying in a very built up area with a school houses trees etc in my area. if i fly east / west/ or north i get less than 3000 feet before either wifi or control signal gets lost.

Thinking about this, i am losing control signal before fpv so i suppose i could get further fpv (wifi) if i did not lose control signal, so wifi signal is still strong control signal is weak on that flight, but i can attest that i do lose fpv around 3000 and <3000 feet as well.

yes i am always pointing the remote / antenna towards the bird, this location where i flew is the best range i get, south, and with the least obstructions, i am flying in a very built up area with a school houses trees etc in my area. if i fly east / west/ or north i get less than 3000 feet before either wifi or control signal gets lost.

Well, your location sounds fairly ideal for flying long distance.
I've found that even a few degrees one way or another can make a big difference when the bird is far away (after several thousand feet...)
I hope you get to the bottom of the issue that is limiting your distances.

Well, your location sounds fairly ideal for flying long distance.
I've found that even a few degrees one way or another can make a big difference when the bird is far away (after several thousand feet...)
I hope you get to the bottom of the issue that is limiting your distances.

i do have another app with that wand, perhaps I should go and try and use that one and see what distance i get.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor