ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Sorry I keep asking this but I have yet to get an answer !
What bird side antennas do I need to have for my set up ?
I have to use external 2.4's as the gimbal covers 1 of the panel antennas in my FC200 so that's no good .
I already have the cables set up for and was using FPVLR ones and have tried the fat Shark ones as shown in back post .
No good !!! Does anybody have a clue to just what I need to get ? I am starting to think I will be better off just going back to the
others I was using before but had rather use this one . This is how it is set up now and it sucks !
View attachment 18735
Before I will stick those flat panels on my bird or hang them I will just go back to FPVLR ones even though they a pain to transport and this ITELITE TX panel is much easier for me to transport !
Thanks

Dirk - those fat shark ones should be good. Can you check that the connector on the aircraft is RP-sma - ie there is a pin on the female connector. Your antenna should have no pin on the male connector. It is too easy to join a RP-sma male to a sma female connector.

I flew my bird with no antennas (I forgot to connect antennas) for 500 feet before I suddenly realised I had no antennas connected. So I think somewhere there is a fault. I have got 7000-8000 feet regularly with this panel antenna. With FPVLR using the same setup I got 3000-4000 feet. Before anybody's starts flaming I am happy with the FPVLR antenna - more than adequate for flying but I don't like the fragile plastic 5.8 antenna that I broke twice and had to superglue it back. It is asking to get damaged. With the Flat panel there is nothing to get damaged and it is easy to pack in my rucksack

Dirk - those fat shark ones should be good. Can you check that the connector on the aircraft is RP-sma - ie there is a pin on the female connector. Your antenna should have no pin on the male connector. It is too easy to join a RP-sma male to a sma female connector.

I flew my bird with no antennas (I forgot to connect antennas) for 500 feet before I suddenly realised I had no antennas connected. So I think somewhere there is a fault. I have got 7000-8000 feet regularly with this panel antenna. With FPVLR using the same setup I got 3000-4000 feet. Before anybody's starts flaming I am happy with the FPVLR antenna - more than adequate for flying but I don't like the fragile plastic 5.8 antenna that I broke twice and had to superglue it back. It is asking to get damaged. With the Flat panel there is nothing to get damaged and it is easy to pack in my rucksack
When you say flat panel do you mean the stock one's?

Thank you for your response mohan !! I too have flew mine without any antennas with that panel on it that did surprise me but I was seeing if those antennas were what was causing me issue's with the camera . I have checked all my connections and even redid some cables to see if that was the problem. I have 2 RE700's and both have been modded and switched them and tried and get the same results ! The only thing I needed to hear and have asked several times you just answered that if those were the type antennas I needed to match the TX panel !
With that the only other think I see can be my problem is when they sent the antennas all 4 had the same ends as the one's coming from my bird so I had to order 4 connecters [ can't remember what there called] to beable to use the antennas .
fitting.jpg
Maybe this is my only problem then !
No flameing was intended and sorry if it sounded that way but am frustrated with trying to get this figured out on if those were the right antennas to use which you just answered for me !..Thanks , I am surprised DBS just leaped over were i asked this and didn't answer . This was ask in another thread which we never got an answer also .
I do like this panel better than the one I was using before but like I said in other post I am not getting 3000' with this !
I will ditch the connecters and order different antennas again and see if that's what it is ,
Sorry for the long post and I do appreciate you time mohan for answering this for me !!

dirk

can you take a picture of the inside of the connector of the antenna and also the connector on the aircraft

rp-sma.jpg

dirk

can you take a picture of the inside of the connector of the antenna and also the connector on the aircraft

View attachment 18806
From your picture I can tell ya , From bird is RP-SMA Female and the ones on the fat's are SMA Male . That's why I got the connecter so I could at least try them out .

It hasn't been opened since December. I'll check it out and let you know. I have not lost control...only video.
Thanks

Update:
Installed new Wifi module last night. Test flight got her out to 2957' before significant wifi drop. I didn't push it at that point. There HAS to be something I'm missing any thoughts. Here's overall recap:
-With stock wifi extender (original and a new one purchased 2 weeks ago) I'm getting about 1200' before modifying the extender for the itelite panel. (smooth curves on sma connectors, not crossing over large silver chip)
-With itelite getting about 2200'.
-Yesterday: Added new wifi module - this morning got up to 2900' with itelite panel
-I've replaced cables in wifi extender (thinking I may have damaged them on original install)
-Fully charged wifi extender
-I checked antenna connections to the original wifi module
-Made sure new antenna connections were secure to new wifi module.

Any thought or suggestions appreciated. I like the panel and do get more range... but you know how we pilots are.... the more the better. :)

Thanks , I am surprised DBS just leaped over were i asked this and didn't answer . This was ask in another thread which we never got an answer also .
I do like this panel better than the one I was using before but like I said in other post I am not getting 3000' with this !
I will ditch the connecters and order different antennas again and see if that's what it is ,
Sorry for the long post and I do appreciate you time mohan for answering this for me !!

Sorry for giving that impression... I don't answer many questions where I have no valid input based on my own testing... I do not do birdside mods with aftermarket antennas so I don't have any experiences to give relevant information... I did point my answers a few pages back toward Mohan's posts where he is getting Great results with dipoles and answered about polarity etc... but maybe that was in response to someone else? I dunno, I lose track of what was answered and what was not but all the info is in this thread if you scan through.

Any thought or suggestions appreciated. I like the panel and do get more range... but you know how we pilots are.... the more the better. :)

So frustrating to read along... seems like you're the determined type and have gone thru and eliminated just about every variable one could possibly think of...

But with a stock distance of 1200ft there is something going wrong somewhere...
Have you changed location and tried? I don't mean flying in a different direction... I mean getting the heck out of your area and out into the open somewhere to test?

Sorry for giving that impression... I don't answer many questions where I have no valid input based on my own testing... I do not do birdside mods with aftermarket antennas so I don't have any experiences to give relevant information... I did point my answers a few pages back toward Mohan's posts where he is getting Great results with dipoles and answered about polarity etc... but maybe that was in response to someone else? I dunno, I lose track of what was answered and what was not but all the info is in this thread if you scan through.

So frustrating to read along... seems like you're the determined type and have gone thru and eliminated just about every variable one could possibly think of...

Have you changed location and tried? I don't mean flying in a different direction... I mean getting the heck out of your area and out into the open somewhere to test?
Bro I have went to all of my places I fly and tried all . I have been doing this for awhile and do know all the different things to try !
Using this type of antenna is just new to me and am not having any luck at all .
The spot I fly the most and have hit 8500' is my main spot I try distance at and still the same there .
The only thing other than trying a different set of antennas on bird is those connecters I got .
Please don't take me as being disrespectful but this isn't my first rodeo I just have never really messed with this type of set up before and just needed to see what type antennas to get other than buying another box full that don't help . I truly do like this panel and want to make it work better :)

Update:
Installed new Wifi module last night. Test flight got her out to 2957' before significant wifi drop. I didn't push it at that point. There HAS to be something I'm missing any thoughts. Here's overall recap:
-With stock wifi extender (original and a new one purchased 2 weeks ago) I'm getting about 1200' before modifying the extender for the itelite panel. (smooth curves on sma connectors, not crossing over large silver chip)
-With itelite getting about 2200'.
-Yesterday: Added new wifi module - this morning got up to 2900' with itelite panel
-I've replaced cables in wifi extender (thinking I may have damaged them on original install)
-Fully charged wifi extender
-I checked antenna connections to the original wifi module
-Made sure new antenna connections were secure to new wifi module.

Hey what (Preview Quality) do you have it set at ? .

When you say flat panel do you mean the stock one's?
dirtdummy I am sorry I just reread this and saw I had missed what you asked .
Yes that's the ones I am referring to like in the video where they have them removed from the Plus and on the outside of the bird .
Am just trying to find out if the one's I have pictured are what I need or the ones I've seen with the dome at the end or what .
Truly sorry I missed your post !!....my bad :oops:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
From your picture I can tell ya , From bird is RP-SMA Female and the ones on the fat's are SMA Male . That's why I got the connecter so I could at least try them out .

Are you sure? bird -> rp-sma female has pin in centre, fat shark -> sma male pin in the middle - these 2 can't be connected together....

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Are you sure? bird -> rp-sma female has pin in centre, fat shark -> sma male pin in the middle - these 2 can't be connected together....
Yea me sure that's what this was for
yea.jpg
That's what I am wondering is this my weak link ?

DBS, Yes... I've been out to an area that has miles of open land, flat as a pancake with no obstructions and clear LOS for about 12 miles easy! I'll try to fly there this week with the entirely new components and see how that does. I tested w/o heat sinking the new wifi module for 1 short flight this morning. I'll be heat sinking it this afternoon for protection.

Hey what (Preview Quality) do you have it set at ? .

640x480 15 fps. I'm going to try the lower 320 resolution at 15 fps on my next flight and will post results. It's supposed to be really windy here for the next week so it'll be a while before I can report back.

I really do appreciate all of the suggestions to get this worked out. Maybe I'm just not meant to fly to incredible distances.

Yea me sure that's what this was for View attachment 18822 That's what I am wondering is this my weak link ?

Can you please take photos of the connector so i can see centre / inside of all the connectors - bird, antenna and little adaptor (like the picture I posted)

Can you please take photos of the connector so i can see centre / inside of all the connectors - bird, antenna and little adaptor (like the picture I posted)
FS.jpg
cable.jpg
Connecter gonna be hard to get picture of with my phone bro but both ends have the hole for the pins to go in .

Thats ok - when you plug the adaptor you convert the fat shark from SMA male to RP-sma male which will fit the rp-sma female on the bird
The one on the left

dirtdummy I am sorry I just reread this and saw I had missed what you asked .
Yes that's the ones I am referring to like in the video where they have them removed from the Plus and on the outside of the bird .
Am just trying to find out if the one's I have pictured are what I need or the ones I've seen with the dome at the end or what .
Truly sorry I missed your post !!....my bad :oops:
I quoted Mohan asking him which flat panel antenna he was using.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119