ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

DBS or anyone,

I received my Itelite panel and proceeded to complete the mods to my WIFI extender and Tx. The extender mod went well with no issues, but when I scraped away the silicone on the Tx, I damaged the U.FL connector on the Tx side. The nipple was still intact so I decided to try and solder the female wire to the nipple, but got solder everywhere. My fingers are too fat and that **** U.FL is way too small for my skills. So, I ask, can anyone help me our here? I'd be willing to send my Tx via mail and pay someone to fix it? I just ordered a new Tx, but I'm not sure I want to try it again. The wife was pissed at me, LOL. Help a brotha out!

Your pretty much right in the middle distance wise of both members hunch and burlbark, both known to do great work at a reasonable cost. Look them up in the search function and shoot them a message....one of them should get back to you quickly....

Thanks DBS! After the inspire 90degree I knew it was just a matter of time! Bear, NICE!!!! Especially the maneuvering and hand catch!! It's nice to fly isn't it!!!

Thanks. Ya there a lot of fun to fly and really pilot friendly.

Great video dude and a great place to fly!

Thanks. Home sweet home.

Last edited:
Am really impressed with just my first test run this evening and only went out 1000' but was only 100' up and with my other's I had to be way higher
To clear a patch of trees I fly over .
Now...can these port 2 & 3 cables be got half the length they came with ?

Hey Dirk, I get all my cables and connectors from wifi experts over on ebay...good prices and fast shipping....and they'll make it if you don't see it....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/wifi_expert...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Reactions: dirkclod
Flew again today the same route that's in my video and made it to 7700' using dji app and vision+ utility. If the weather coroparates I plan on going to the lake and see what I get. This antenna has put a little more fun back into flying my phantom. Great job ITELITE and DBS.

Quick question.... are the antenna's in the range extender the same as those on the phantom? I'm considering doing a stage 3 but
The extender won't help if your birdside wifi module is bad....
Is there any reasonable way to test the bird side wifi module? I received the new TX side wifi extender, flew w/o the mod and got similar range to the old extender w/o the mod. Then I did the mod and flew and got the same distance as the old one (both with itelite). I wouldn't mind dropping the $$ for a bird side module, but would like to have a reasonable suspicion that it's weak before purchasing. Also, how do you bind the new module? Are the mac address numbers on the bottom of the bird actually those for the wifi module inside?
thanks for any help!

As I pointed out to go4two in post #445 above, both hunch and burlbark are the goto experts for repairs on this forum, shoot em a message.....

Is there any reasonable way to test the bird side wifi module?

Posting your numbers would help to sort this out... for example

I received the new TX side wifi extender, flew w/o the mod and got similar range to the old extender w/o the mod.

What were your distances like here... flying in stock configuration...

Then I did the mod and flew and got the same distance as the old one

And what were your numbers here... flying with a more sensitive antenna...

Also... you are losing video correct? You are not getting the "control signal lost" message?

if you need help let me know. i am located in MN and burlbark is in CA. whichever is closer to you in case you need to send anything in.

Posting your numbers would help to sort this out... for example

What were your distances like here... flying in stock configuration...

And what were your numbers here... flying with a more sensitive antenna...

Also... you are losing video correct? You are not getting the "control signal lost" message?
DBS.. My stock numbers with old an new wifi range extenders are about 1200' without itelite panel. Once the panel was installed I'm averaging about 2200'. The panel is definitely making a difference. I suspect that maybe my onboard wifi module is weak. Any thoughts or ways to check into this are appreciated.

DBS.. My stock numbers with old an new wifi range extenders are about 1200' without itelite panel. Once the panel was installed I'm averaging about 2200'. The panel is definitely making a difference. I suspect that maybe my onboard wifi module is weak. Any thoughts or ways to check into this are appreciated.

When was the last time you had the cover off your bird?
Almost sounds like one antenna came unplugged...

And there was another question there... you are losing video but still have control?

You are not getting "control signal lost" and "coming home" on the screen, correct?

ok i did a quick install and finger tight the nuts went outside and my range was pretty much the same what i got with my other antenna 7db and stock wifi antenna (as the repeater has two antennas). Do I need to tighter the nuts for better coverage?

I do admit there are alot of trees where i am testing this, but should that matter?

ok i did a quick install and finger tight the nuts went outside and my range was pretty much the same what i got with my other antenna 7db and stock wifi antenna (as the repeater has two antennas). Do I need to tighter the nuts for better coverage?

I do admit there are alot of trees where i am testing this, but should that matter?
I think between this thread and his video DBS mentions tightening with a wrench 40 times.

ok so i tighten the nuts and took it out for another fly, definitely get further distance but only in one area where i fly, i am sure it is because i am in a "depressions" where the field is and this is causing alot of the limited distance, i think if i was on elevated ground I would get better results.

down there behind the trees where i take off from and fly in a southerly direction

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...2!3m1!1s0x6b9145b8a329c7b9:0x262490a3e3e65fd6

When was the last time you had the cover off your bird?
Almost sounds like one antenna came unplugged...

And there was another question there... you are losing video but still have control?

You are not getting "control signal lost" and "coming home" on the screen, correct?
It hasn't been opened since December. I'll check it out and let you know. I have not lost control...only video.
Thanks

@DBS or anyone that knows .I have had fpvlr's on mine and went to this as I crashed it and messed up the birdside antennas and just thought I would give this ago . I have a RotorPixel Gimabal which covers one of the panel antennas in the camera and had an issue with my cables and just put it back as it was . My 5.8 is still external And have tried all the different antennas I have to get the best range . Right now I have 2 Fat Sharks off the back as shown and can't bust 2000' before I lose signal . What should I have to get the best range with this ? Thanks
5.8.jpg

These do swivel and have tried different angles with them . I did have to get an adapter for this set of antennas as they didn't match my connecter on my cable and not sure if maybe that's the problem . What antenna do I need ?

Maybe Circular Polarized Antennas ?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor