ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

If you are looking for 2.4 rubber duckies, fatshark also has them. Here is a link. http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_45_48&products_id=3924
Thank-Ya.jpg
Thank-ya..Thank-ya very much ;)

Wow, my first test of the Itelite today got me to one mile! Lost control signal at that point and it initiated RTH.
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-phantom-2-vision-v3-brent-newman-rLHwNnae/

On the second test flight on roughly the same path I hit a mile again before losing controller signal.
Later tests at a different location only got me to 8/10 mile. Diligent pointing of the antenna at the craft is essential as is assuring that you are high enough for the signal to clear any intervening trees or obstacles (as med38er mentioned).

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
A bit more... I'm looking for another 1000 ft or so. I am going to test my distance with no tree coverage today (Tahoe is covered in pine trees and is obviously limiting my range). So I will go to the lake shore and see how far I get. From reading what I can find, the control antennas on the bird side are a bit more work than the video antennas.....

Yeah its ogura-corporation.com/brands/ITElite-Antennas.html
Just clarifying misunderstanding, our website had only 1 register so after Matt ordered it became unavailable. we currently have 8pcs in stock and revised the website. everything its working fine. once again we are a legit ITElite distributor and we do have these antennas in stock. any question feel free to email me at [email protected]

I just ordered my itelite from Ogura corp. Does anyone know anything about them. The site let me order one but then it said the product was unavailable. So I don't know what happened.

I would like to update this post. I ordered that ITelite DBS phantom antenna from Ogura Corp and will be receiving it tomorrow according to the ups tracking. Ogura has been very professional and prompt with their service . And it is my understanding they have plenty in stock and I recommend to anyone looking to buy this antenna to get it from Ogura Corporation. I'm so freaking excited to try this antenna out . I've been using the fpvlr stage 2 for a couple weeks now and I'm been consistently getting 4500' . I'm very pleased with these results but of course I want to go farther and I'm hoping this ITELITE Antenna will do it.
thanks for the update matt.

A bit more... I'm looking for another 1000 ft or so. I am going to test my distance with no tree coverage today (Tahoe is covered in pine trees and is obviously limiting my range). So I will go to the lake shore and see how far I get. From reading what I can find, the control antennas on the bird side are a bit more work than the video antennas.....
Ok! Just back....

I am happy to say I got a distance of 6744 ft. Totally unobstructed over the water. I am pretty impressed with the antenna. As lots of Tahoe is covered in trees, I'd still like something to help me get more distance over the trees.

Link to my flytrex mission:

http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-tahoe-tessie-selwyn-lee-w498Hn8o/

Hello All,
I've installed the new itelite panel and have yet to get over 2500'. I've rechecked all connections and changed flight locations to see if I was in heavy wifi interference areas but no change. My TX has not dropped out but FPV is consistently dropping at this range. Any suggestions? I have a Vision 2 plus.
Thanks in advance,
Bahamasboy

I've tried altitudes from 400-700 feet and different orientations as well. Same result.
We are in the same boat! :(. I've tried various locations on clear and overcast days with 2500' max distance, flying between 300 and 400' alt.

Hello All,
I've installed the new itelite panel and have yet to get over 2500'. I've rechecked all connections and changed flight locations to see if I was in heavy wifi interference areas but no change. My TX has not dropped out but FPV is consistently dropping at this range. Any suggestions? I have a Vision 2 plus.
Thanks in advance,
Bahamasboy

OK so you have FPV drops but still good control...

This points at a problem with the range extender install or the range extender itself...

Can you post pictures of your install inside the range extender?
What FPV setting do you use for on screen resolution?
Have you been turning on the power of your range extender without antennas attached?

Are you pointing the face of the antenna towards the Phantom as you are flying?
This is a directional panel... you need to aim in the general direction of the bird.

Last edited:
DBS - I have a inspire 1 transmitter modded with RP-SMA
5.8ghz link between Inspire controllers (Europe)
2.4GHZ x2 for aircraft video and control

This panel will fit and pair nicely. Need to fabricate a bracket that clips to the back of the tablet holder.

Hey this could be a very nice upgrade for the Inspire (wrong forum ;))

DBS - I have a inspire 1 transmitter modded with RP-SMA
5.8ghz link between Inspire controllers (Europe)
2.4GHZ x2 for aircraft video and control

This panel will fit and pair nicely. Need to fabricate a bracket that clips to the back of the tablet holder.

Hey this could be a very nice upgrade for the Inspire (wrong forum ;))

itelite is already putting something together for the inspire 1 and P3... different patches inside the panel and different cover designs... only 2 ports for connection... I think the bracket they are working on will attach to the chrome bar instead of the tablet holder... that holder is already supporting enough weight with the tablet.

(There's a lot more room inside the panel with the 5.8gHz antenna removed so they got two nice, fat, 2.4's stuffed in there... I got the prototype here... inspire arrives tomorrow) :mad:

Last edited:
Just ordered mine! The wait begins...

This points at a problem with the range extender install or the range extender itself...

I think the folks experiencing drop at 2500 may have wifi transmitter problems...not sure how to troubleshoot it though....

itelite is already putting something together for the inspire 1 and P3... different patches inside the panel and different cover designs... only 2 ports for connection... I think the bracket they are working on will attach to the chrome bar instead of the tablet holder... that holder is already supporting enough weight with the tablet.

(There's a lot more room inside the panel with the 5.8gHz antenna removed so they got two nice, fat, 2.4's stuffed in there... I got the prototype here... inspire arrives tomorrow) :mad:

You Bad bad boy...

My flights have always been without any wifi booster apps. I did not want to fry my wifi module. I wonder if I had used the booster app if I would have increased my range

My flights have always been without any wifi booster apps. I did not want to fry my wifi module. I wonder if I had used the booster app if I would have increased my range

If you use the FPVbooster app first... he boosts at a lower level than some of the others... safer

Or Vision Plus Utility Pro... let's you select your own boost.

While I don't have the Itelite antenna, I do fly FPVLR's stage 2 Tx side antennas. Always got pretty good range here at the dense NJ shore, on the order of about 2200 feet. While in Vermont and Canada, I easily got over 5000 feet due to the lack of interference.

Then it started getting worse. After troubleshooting, I decided to swap my WiFi module. Boom. Easy 3000 feet here in NJ no problem at 640/15.

To those having range issues, especially those with P2V+ v2 (not v3), consider a WiFi module swap to the newer, vented version. Earlier WiFi modules had bigtime heatsink issues and cooked themselves.

Can you post pictures of your install inside the range extender?
What FPV setting do you use for on screen resolution?
Have you been turning on the power of your range extender without antennas attached?

Are you pointing the face of the antenna towards the Phantom as you are flying?
This is a directional panel... you need to aim in the general direction of the bird.

I opened the unit and noticed that one of the connectors MAY have been touching the silver rectangle in the unit. Forgot to get pics, but I corrected that possible issue. Resolution is 640x480 15 fps. Power has not been on w/o antennas connected. I actually taped it in the off position before opening the unit each time. I'm going to try to get a couple flights in today to test and will report back tonight. If ranges aren't corrected today, I'll re-open and snap some pics.
Thanks.

Holy Transmit batman!!!

well I finally tested this this morning and this is really the 2nd time I flew this out of my sight! I got to 3177 feet and got scared and brought it back! It wasn't the greatest day a bit cloudy and the satellite count wasn't the greatest to fly but I had to check it out. Thank you DBS

The only thing that's a bit goobered is the mount. as I sit here and look at it there must be another solution to mount this ...

Attachments

• IMG_0108.PNG
    IMG_0108.PNG
    486 KB · Views: 378
Reactions: Brent10
Mine arrived today.
Intalled it with no problems, and just had time for a quick test. Almost 1 Km with no big problems. But this is REALLY directionaly. You really need to be pointing to the bird at all times

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor