ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Wha
Just finished the install. Gonna take her out after dinner.
79c39e3989245b9b3300eb032c692ad0.jpg
What site did you order from?

Just finished the install. Gonna take her out after dinner.
79c39e3989245b9b3300eb032c692ad0.jpg
Ok just got back. Hit nearly a mile max in a residential setting...
1) this thing is pretty directional. I found best results are almost perpendicular to the ground @ 500ft agl
2) get an app like Vision Plus https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aryuthere.visionplus so the telemetry (including WiFi strength) updates quickly and often. Constant feedback was crucial in determining proper antenna angle
3) Take your first flight in the dark. This antenna has some distance on it, I can't imagine LOS during the day and the LEDs in the dark helped tremendously.
4) Installation wise, it was simple but like DBS says the hex screws on the extender are crap. I stripped 2 of them being careful. If you strip them, use a flat head slightly larger than the hex and a hammer to create a flat groove over the top, then unscrew it like it's a flat head screw. Cheap metal, so it shouldn't take more than 1 hit with the hammer. PM me if u don't get it.

All in all, pretty impressed. Will try fpv quality settings tomorrow if I have time.
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-p2v-v3-0-stock--bill-brunner-jUz7iAB2/
1d8cd70bffb59872a359b2609d52b026.jpg

a511a8a76374fca76511b198a7c0aaee.jpg

Last edited:
1) this thing is pretty directional. I found best results are almost perpendicular to the ground @ 500ft agl
2) get an app like Vision Plus https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aryuthere.visionplus so the telemetry (including WiFi strength) updates quickly and often. Constant feedback was crucial in determining proper antenna angle
3) Take your first flight in the dark. This antenna has some distance on it, I can't imagine LOS during the day and the LEDs in the dark helped tremendously.
4) Installation wise, it was simple but like DBS says the hex screes on the extender are crap. I stripped 2 of them being careful. If you strip them, use a flat head slightly larger than the hex and a hammer to create a flat groove over the top, then unscrew it lime its a flat head screw. Cheap metal, so it shouldn't take more than 1 hit with the hammer. PM me if u don't get it.

All in all, pretty impressed. Will try fpv quality settings tomorrow if I have time.
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopter-p2v-v3-0-stock--bill-brunner-jUz7iAB2/
Is that just the mod on the controller or the bird as well?

bbfpv on that app you mentioned, is there any indication on the top that shows you signal strength for the controller, like it has for the wifi signal strength, then you can perhaps see when "going home" is about to be instigated ?

bbfpv on that app you mentioned, is there any indication on the top that shows you signal strength for the controller, like it has for the wifi signal strength, then you can perhaps see when "going home" is about to be instigated ?
Yeah check the screen shot. One is controller signal strength, other is WiFi signal strength. And you can boost WiFi as well (indicated by the + icon over the WiFi signal). Best 3rd party app on the market IMO.

ok, but it says "going home" and it looks like your controller signal strength is very strong? I can see the other one with poor signal strength or am I confusing the two?

ok, or maybe you decided to instigate "go home" even though controller strength was excellent?

ok, but it says "going home" and it looks like your controller signal strength is very strong? I can see the other one with poor signal strength or am I confusing the two?

ok, or maybe you decided to instigate "go home" even though controller strength was excellent?
The one on the right next to the "going home" status is the tx signal, the next is WiFi signal. It was coming home because I lost WiFi signal.

4) Installation wise, it was simple but like DBS says the hex screws on the extender are crap. I stripped 2 of them being careful. If you strip them, use a flat head slightly larger than the hex and a hammer to create a flat groove over the top, then unscrew it like it's a flat head screw. Cheap metal, so it shouldn't take more than 1 hit with the hammer. PM me if u don't get it.

Great overview of your first impressions sir!!

I need to start messing with these apps more... I get so consumed with only looking at the long range posts I miss out on how much this app has evolved... looks like an awesome thing to have out there on fly days for sure!!

Try a bit lower altitude when you get a chance and see if it makes any difference. I flew 200FT and got the best range 5600FT Just being curious here.

I have flown my farthest at about 50ft altitude. As soon as I had to go up to clear trees I lost connection. This is with the stock setup in a city park.

@DBS or anyone else that knows . Getting this antenna and need to know this . I have the RPG so my antenna panels have been removed from the camera and was using the birdside FPVLR'S. Well not sure just what type antennas to order for the bird to hang from my hangers on top of the skids ? Have looked at the Fatshark ones and others but not to swift on what to get . I will most likely be putting my 5.8 on the outside also .
Just don't want to have to try a box full to find the right set up :eek:
Just the rubber ducky looking ones or the one's with the dome or what ?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks

I installed the Itelite antenna.... My results are good. I would say, my distance has improved 50% (so many variables - upgraded remote, booster app, etc). I am happy but would like a bit more ! What would be the next step? Relocating the antennas to the outside (a la the $10 mod)? New 2.4 and 5.8 GHz antennas on the bird side ( a la FPVLR)?

Any help is appreciated!

@DBS or anyone else that knows . Getting this antenna and need to know this . I have the RPG so my antenna panels have been removed from the camera and was using the birdside FPVLR'S. Well not sure just what type antennas to order for the bird to hang from my hangers on top of the skids ? Have looked at the Fatshark ones and others but not to swift on what to get . I will most likely be putting my 5.8 on the outside also .
Just don't want to have to try a box full to find the right set up :eek:
Just the rubber ducky looking ones or the one's with the dome or what ?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks

I installed the Itelite antenna.... My results are good. I would say, my distance has improved 50% (so many variables - upgraded remote, booster app, etc). I am happy but would like a bit more ! What would be the next step? Relocating the antennas to the outside (a la the $10 mod)? New 2.4 and 5.8 GHz antennas on the bird side ( a la FPVLR)?

Any help is appreciated!

If you are going to go with external antennas on the birdside... I would shoot for some good quality rubber ducky dipoles... as Mohan has done here...
20150416_165603156_ios-jpg.17305

20150416_165556296_ios-jpg.17304

They will surely match the linear polarity of the DBS Phantom Plus antenna the best... and also give you better overall 360° coverage than the stock DJI patches.

Can't argue with the distance he got over a residential area....

Thanks DBS and looked at some of those last nite . The one's I saw were 5.8 . Now this is were I get lost . I did not see any that were 2.4, does it matter ??
Will those work for both ? Like just hang 4 of them like I had the others .
Sorry I just am not real savvy on what's right with antennas as I just got the kit and installed it .
Another question ..what dbi to get ? I don't want no amps and see no need in getting more antenna than I need ...and I hope I am asking this right :confused: Thanks

Thanks DBS and looked at some of those last nite . The one's I saw were 5.8 . Now this is were I get lost . I did not see any that were 2.4, does it matter ??
Will those work for both ? Like just hang 4 of them like I had the others .
Sorry I just am not real savvy on what's right with antennas as I just got the kit and installed it .
Another question ..what dbi to get ? I don't want no amps and see no need in getting more antenna than I need ...and I hope I am asking this right :confused: Thanks

If you are looking for 2.4 rubber duckies, fatshark also has them. Here is a link. http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_45_48&products_id=3924

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews