ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Im redoing this laird 5.8 19dbi panel..almost done..connectors should be here today!!!

Attachments

• 1466697377408.jpg
    1466697377408.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 661
  • 1466697398860.jpg
    1466697398860.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 625
Yeah I use one amp for 5.8 and one for 2.4. :grinning:

I am flying a straight Phantom 2 Vision with mods. It's all right there in my sig. ;)

I keep hoping it will crash so I can get a better quad but it never does :(

From those pics above it looks like you have great potential!!!

Lol nice.. yeah on my phone it doesnt show the sigs.

I was able to go out 4600' boosted with that 5.8 and that wasnt good so i took it apart..come to find out it was the cables in the rc..fixed now so im going to try it out again unboosted. .i did find that the spacing was off in a lot of spots so i made some 2.5mm nylon spacers and straightened the reflector.

I should send you one of the helicals i make for the 5.8... lol check out these 2.4's i finished ready to test

Attachments

• 1466698921653.jpg
    1466698921653.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 652
  • 1466698958583.jpg
    1466698958583.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 579
My longest 5.8 helical is a 16 turn ibcrazy - but the range never really blew me away like I hoped, so I've been using the ITELITE. I have a theory that the 16 turn would be awesome with a half sphere on the bird side, but nobody makes 5.8 half spheres that I know of...

Those helicals in the pics above look pretty awesome - very professional looking build. Good luck with the tests!

Thank you sir! I was actually thinking of trying to make half sphere 5.8 and use 1/8 wave for spacing..only thing is that the diameter for 5.8 is thin so it might be hard but worth tryin. .what turn or dbi were you thinking??

I really don't know. I just suspect the half spheres, tuned for 5.8, would work better than the 5.8 cloverleafs. Mounting on the craft would be inconvenient, but so what? haha. But that's why we need the cable on the side I think...

Id say maybe 5-7 turn? Ill put some teak on lathe this weekend and make a former and see what happens..if the math and measurements come out right or close lol ill make a few to test .....oh i got my rf power meter back from repair so i can finally check some stuff i have going now!

Wow - Sounds great!

That ImmersionRC RF meter? Yeah I got my eye on one of those... I need to get me one of them...

Yessir thats the one!! All reviews were great for it and so was the price tag @ $109

I just did some tests and accidentally found something.

I used an EMF meter to measure the RF coming from the ITELITE. I held the meter 12 inches from the face of the ITELITE and I found the signal to be stronger if I held the meter slightly below the front face.

Then I tested it again from about 10 feet away. Same thing. The signal was stronger holding the meter BELOW the invisible center line where one would think the signal would be moving. I would say maybe 10-15 degrees below where you would think.
Hey @Marknmd i kept thinking about this and took one apart. You said you got stronger readings below the panel. Check this out. The 5.8 is angled down and the 2.4 angled up (5.8 pics are first and right side is top)
c205b608f3af4be907e16d3a2269c188.jpg
6f011440dbba185d001f17c187d4ec62.jpg
ef0fbde4092973f61ef1d7943a80e153.jpg

And heres the 2.4 side (left side is top)
9606555b26f771c781a15dcb687f15b3.jpg

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

Wow! Well this certainly explains it. And it clears some stuff up.

First of all, I have seen pics of this antenna before and it didn't look like this. Check this thread:

DBS Antenna Mod Problems

Now look at post 6: DBS Antenna Mod Problems

That's what I assumed the inside looked like and it makes sense. One antenna for 5.8 and two for 2.4. Right? I assumed there were cables that ran under that board that ran from the connectors to the antennas.

But look at post 17: DBS Antenna Mod Problems

That pic looks like the one you have, but Dirk says the antenna is for a Solo... and yet, the connectors appear to be aligned perfectly with the antennas. And now we see that it looks just like the antenna you have.

Anyway, it seems the mystery is solved! The thing I don't understand is why they have the two antennas angled in different directions?

Here's something else - look at this antenna: http://swellpro.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/1-1.jpg

I have three of these and I just held it next to the ITELITE. And guess what? The square is the exact same size as the one inside the ITELITE. The difference is, the ITELITE has the four smaller squares positioned like a diamond, where as mine are positioned like squares. Also, mine have three panels sandwiched together. I know the four squares have to be that size for 5.8, but I think it's a funny coincidence the big square is that exact size, you know?

Anyway, the mystery is solved and now we have better information on what is going on with these ITELITES. Great post and excellent work!

Reactions: dirkclod
Im actually going to try something.... i know my range on my standard with this antenna so im going to hit the 5.8 with a solder iron and drop it to 3mm on the top side and leave the bottom at 2mm... i already respaced the single 2.4 to 5mm...im hoping i can try it this week!

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Oh and i ordered one of those antennas like the one from swellpros for $5 from aliexpress! Im going to take it apart and space it over galvanized steel (instead of the fr4 board its on) with some 2.4 patches for my son to use

Ok you're looking for the original itelite.

Sorry - I assumed they had it.

You can find the antenna because it's the same one used for the P3S,

ITELITE - DJI Phantom 3 Standard Range Booster ITE-DBS01.4

but the trick is finding the right bracket for your controller. You might message the owner of the above site and see if he can get you one. Otherwise you can mod a bracket that would work.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl