Issue with dashware - anyone seen this?

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem when using dashware. After creating a video with it I'm seeing occasional jerky output. For instance after 10 seconds, about 16 seconds and throughout the video (link below). It's like the overlay just 'peels off' for a second. I've just used the default video options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVMRakExM8o

Thanks,

Matt

That actually looks a bit like the output I was getting when I tried to create output video from a Mac.

Mine was occurring like every 2-3 seconds though...

My guess is something is interrupting the encoding process on your computer....

I have had it happen in the Dashware process as well as video upload. I have one Vimeo right now I am replacing which is far worse than yours.

But I have only seen it happen once directly out of Dashware. Just redoing it fixed the issue.

Yeah, it's all a bit disappointing (this was my first attempt at creating an overlay video after purchasing dashware) - the original is definitely ok and I've tried to create a video from it three times now, all with the same jerkyness. Admittedly I haven't tried restarting my windows box before doing it again so doing that now but it's a big box so will be surprised if that's it.

Just in-case anyone else is suffering with this problem, I contacted dashware support who replied:

"We are seeing this on a very small percentage of customer videos. It is an issue with the x264 encoder, and we are working with them to resolve it."

That doesn't mean a lot to me but I guess I will have to wait until it's fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing