flyNfrank's 66MPH and Dashware Gauges

Reaction score
I finally got another P3 Flight Video put together, but without audio. There is several reasons for this video and it is not subject to just one reason. The video itself is one of my common Top Flight Speed missions where I just happened to reach 66.1mph on the 3rd of 3 total pass attempts. While I'm on this subject I want to point out that viewers should take notice when I'm flying pointed North, look at the Flight Pitch amount displayed. For those that don't know the data details, when you see a negative number it is forward travel. Just the opposite for positive number meaning direct rear travel. The larger the number, the greater the pitch amount. So the number "0" (zero) is or should represent level.
So look and see a high reading such as -25 you should next notice the amount of R/C Stick input. Now I'll pause here and let you know I was not going up to 100% Stick input against the heavy headwind's due to the amount of Volt draw it requires. Anytime the Volts start dropping below 1430 for 3 or more seconds will spell out big trouble. I have not confirmed the battery update completely so my A/C will drop if the volts drop below 1430 for 3+sec's.
After you see the Stick input you will want to observe the Speed MPH. With in the combo of the Pitch/Stick/and Speed....will give you some idea how strong the headwind the person is struggling against.

Another reason for the video is to show some new Dashware Gauges I put together. The one I spent the most time on was the automated R/C Stick's with stick input display amounts. It currently works at around 95% where I want it to so I'm happy with the out come. I do not want to say how much time invested I have in that gauge alone.
The next gauge is the Battery Volts Gauge. Now this gauge to me is really not worth mentioning, but I did, so... Btw, the colored automated bar's are at a polished working level like I would like for them to be.
Next and last. I have the New 4K Camera Gauge with automated Pitch angle. This gauge I created just have another option as well as to show other dashware user's there is not much to creating simple gauges like I have here.

So you might have to watch the vid a few times to see each thing that was pointed out.

Nice stuff Frank. I like what you are doing with Dashware. What is this 14.3v AC will drop that you speak of? I've never had that and I've flown to 12.3v before.

Nice video!
What is the source of your data file? Are these gauges available from you? I especially like the R/C sticks gauge.

Nice stuff Frank. I like what you are doing with Dashware. What is this 14.3v AC will drop that you speak of? I've never had that and I've flown to 12.3v before.
Was that 12.3v with a P3 or P2? The volts shown will be the combo of all 4 battery cell levels. As you can see in the video the volt numbers fluctuate around and in this case it is based on the headwind. Basically, you are commanding the aircraft to fly a certain speed and the propulsion system is doing what it can to meet the demand.

Nice video!
What is the source of your data file? Are these gauges available from you? I especially like the R/C sticks gauge.
The data file is the .txt file found on the device used to run the GO app. The .txt file needs to be converted to a .csv file and used with Excel.

Dashware is now a Load & Go type of program. It is no longer supported and not up to date. Those who are familiar with using dashware have little problem in using the software. The majority do not want to dedicate the time required to use it. The current dashware setup needs a knowledgeable person to tweak it out a little and bring it up to date.

Was that 12.3v with a P3 or P2? The volts shown will be the combo of all 4 battery cell levels. As you can see in the video the volt numbers fluctuate around and in this case it is based on the headwind. Basically, you are commanding the aircraft to fly a certain speed and the propulsion system is doing what it can to meet the demand.
This was with a P3A. Granted, I was putting it down with 1%. Here's what I'm talking about.

Here's another run below 14v.

You're not using a DJI Smart Battery. Also I'm unsure what the overall abilities are now for those that have the battery update(patch) that was added in firmware v1.5.7. That is where if the outside temps were below 65-70 degrees the firmware was then (& now) set to reduce throttle input. The mph took a hit as well. It's because of that is why I went back to v1.4.1 firmware and now can still enjoy fighting against heavy headwinds, somewhat.

You're not using a DJI Smart Battery. Also I'm unsure what the overall abilities are now for those that have the battery update(patch) that was added in firmware v1.5.7. That is where if the outside temps were below 65-70 degrees the firmware was then (& now) set to reduce throttle input. The mph took a hit as well. It's because of that is why I went back to v1.4.1 firmware and now can still enjoy fighting against heavy headwinds, somewhat.
What was the tailwind to get to 66mph - 30mph?

The data file is the .txt file found on the device used to run the GO app. The .txt file needs to be converted to a .csv file and used with Excel.

Dashware is now a Load & Go type of program. It is no longer supported and not up to date. Those who are familiar with using dashware have little problem in using the software. The majority do not want to dedicate the time required to use it. The current dashware setup needs a knowledgeable person to tweak it out a little and bring it up to date.
I use Dashware and am very familiar with it. I was wondering wher I could get your sticks gauge.

Yeah understand the unknowns with different firmwares. Some of my batteries are at 1.5 when I updated my P3P a while ago. I've since rolled that one back to 1.4 and I run 1.1.9 on my P3A and 1.1.30 on my P3S.

What was the tailwind to get to 66mph - 30mph?
The Anemometer which is mounted just above the roof lines measured the 66mph at 25mph. The A/C very well could have been in a 30mph stream.

I use Dashware and am very familiar with it. I was wondering wher I could get your sticks gauge.
I attached a similar gauge you might be able to use, and build upon it like I did. I think it could be near impossible to get the gauge I created to work without having a duplicate of my complete setup.

Yeah understand the unknowns with different firmwares. Some of my batteries are at 1.5 when I updated my P3P a while ago. I've since rolled that one back to 1.4 and I run 1.1.9 on my P3A and 1.1.30 on my P3S.
Technically I don't think the 1.5 firmware is the full-proof that you might think. What you should focus on is in the P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt file. Look for the module: [11 00][00] v1.7.15.1

Attachments

• UAV Control Sticks.zip
    34.6 KB · Views: 329

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj