Is the phantom 2 the same size as the phantom 3? Im asking

Reaction score
because Im gonna get one of those portable aluminium handheld steadycam that fits on the motors to hold it as a steady cam
118e40435c13e33c2a819442adbba380.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Its the same size. The only thing i cannot predict is how the mounting works on the handycam product. The P3 has outward angular motors where as the P2 has straight-up motors. This difference may affect the mounting of the handycam product. Its best you contact the seller to clarify.

I see thank you Mako79
Good to know that. I'll have to clarify it. Hopefully that product doesn't hurt the motors when you attach it like that. I know there are other ones that can hold the phantom as a steady can but looks like a coat hanger

I've seen plastic versions of the same thing for the P2 range one was called the elephantastic I think but there are others of the same ilk on eBay

I see thank you Mako79
Good to know that. I'll have to clarify it. Hopefully that product doesn't hurt the motors when you attach it like that. I know there are other ones that can hold the phantom as a steady can but looks like a coat hanger

It wont hurt the motors. The four props lifting the phantom in the air is no different than you lifting the phantom around. If you add more weight to the phantom like an extra kilo or 2 then that may stress the motor mounts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl