Is my p3a safe to fly?

Reaction score
Looks like a motor crack, I have not flown since i noticed it. Thinking of either doing a replacement shell for the safe side, or buying a backup unit. Let me know my options guys.
IMG_0177.jpg
IMG_0176.jpg

Looks like a motor crack, I have not flown since i noticed it. Thinking of either doing a replacement shell for the safe side, or buying a backup unit. Let me know my options guys.View attachment 37552 View attachment 37551
I have not seen one cracked there, like dirby said I would contact dji and send them pictures. To answer your question, I would not fly it until I talked to dji. If you haven't crashed it you should be under warranty.

I just received an email from dji after i sent in pix saying they needed some info from me and they will send me an RMA for repair. Id keep the forum posted.

Reactions: Reed L
that's a really weird place for a crack to develop.. Was there an incident? There's never any downward pressure there. Maybe the case?

I wonder if putting a small rubber oring on the screw before it's inserted would help to "cushion" the shell by absorbing some of the vibration from the motors. Mind you I don't have my P3P yet so I don't know the shape of the bottom of the screw head. Thoughts...

I wonder if putting a small rubber orings on the screw before it's inserted would help to "cushion" the shell by absorbing some of the vibration from the motors. Mind you I don't have my P3P yet so I don't know the shape of the bottom of the screw head. Thoughts...
I wouldn't think that a cushion mount would help the flight characteristics. There is also the screw length that holds the motors. That length is very critical to avoid damaging the motor windings.

I wouldn't think that a cushion mount would help the flight characteristics. There is also the screw length that holds the motors. That length is very critical to avoid damaging the motor windings.
Point taken. Harbor freight has oring assortment packages with oring sizes from A to Z. With a tiny oring I don't think it would be enough to pitch the motors..

Again.. Just thinking..

OP did not state if this was a crash, developed by use or came right out the box like that... OP could you please clarify?

Was not a crash, if so I wouldn't even go thru dji. This happened over use. The copter had about 25/30 flights and this is the only part of the copter that's like this

Odd place to develop a crack as it isn't a stress point. Was it crashed or the arm crushed in some way? As far as structural integrity that would not seem to be a major issue beyond aesthetics. The motors are mounted to the bottom shell. I would carefully fill the void with 5-minute epoxy. Once dry some light sanding and a touch of matte white & she's good as new! :)

Looks like a motor crack, I have not flown since i noticed it. Thinking of either doing a replacement shell for the safe side, or buying a backup unit. Let me know my options guys.View attachment 37552 View attachment 37551

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl