is it safe to take Phantom on an oversea's trip

Reaction score
Hi,
So I'd love to take the phantom with me with a carryon bag oversea's to europe or the carribean, except im worried as to what the rules and regulations are regarding transporting it. I know it contains a lithium battery so firstly is there a problem with this. The other more concerning issue for me is once I was coming home from italy traveling with camera and tripod. I was taking my tripod with me as carry on and the airport personel after scanning told me to come with them and brought me to the area where they question and do more thorough inspections on equipment. I opened the bag showed them it was a tripod and they said, I couldnt take it with me as carry on. This was 20 minutes before we were to take off. I had to go back to the area, tag it and put it thru as luggage. So here are my thoughts. This item may raise red flags because it may be misinterpretted a some sort of detonation type of device, not everyone is familiar with this type of drone. They may view it as threatening or may purposefully pull me aside and say we are confiscating this device thinking im some sort of terrorist. Before you write back on your thoughts, yea i know the odds are small but someone may actually want to get this device from me for free and what better way then tell me when im ready to board its not allowable and say we are confiscating it. Im extremely worried about that. So, that said, does anyone know the rules and regulations regarding transporting it within the USA and also of course oversea's. Then the other issue is even if i get it oversea's i've heard some countries, Spain comes into mind have law against flying these things in the air. Feel free to chime in thanks

Im taking my rig on a cruise to Bermuda next month. Hopefully it will get on board the ship ok ... :?

I checked mine ( minus lipos) on a Caribbean trip recently. I had no locks and no fragile stickers and after my gimbal got detached and bent from the rough handling I have both now.

TSA locks to keep the curious baggage guys from mucking with it and big fragile stickers begging them to be gentle with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl