Is it Just Me?Or P2 Non Visions are obsolete on this forum?

Reaction score
Re: Is it Just Me?Or P2 Non Visions are obsolete on this for

I'm with ya, I initially didn't want a vision and still dont want one because of the camera quality. But to each his own! I like 'em all

malibusteve70 said:
I'm with ya, I initially didn't want a vision and still dont want one because of the camera quality. But to each his own! I like 'em all

All the PV2 guys have no problem and are out flying.. where as the PV2plus are constantly crashing them and on this forum looking for a camera alternative..

I'm jumping on the PV2 zenmuse band wagon... camera quality does suck on the P2V+. Photos and the ability to change video and camera setting in flight is great though.. 2 way wifi communications is awesome.

I presume you meant P2 not PV2 as the OP was refering to a P2 non vision. I have no problems. I've been flying my P2 for 10 months now so no need for a forum post.

I had a Vision hated it sold it and got a P2 with FPV and love it

Yea, My P2 has flown flawlessly since buying it in April.
Close to 100 flights and counting...
Still using original battery too.

Swapped control for T10J in May

I have a really cheap 'lipstick' video cam on the belly mostly for documenting flights.
(http://www.amazon.com/Specam-Portable-A ... B00G444WYG)

I fly Sport style and not into high-res or FPV at this time.

IrishSights said:
I presume you meant P2 not PV2 as the OP was refering to a P2 non vision. I have no problems. I've been flying my P2 for 10 months now so no need for a forum post.

You are correct. I'm so used to the PV2P acronym.

Just finished putting together a P2 Version 2 and waiting for a gopro to arrive. Running standard issue setup - H3-3D, AVL58, mini IOSD, Black Pearl, Gopro 3+Black. Managed to scrape it under 2k.

Need to read up and see if i need to do/avoid any firmware upgrades that may hinder the phantom.

I'm glad I went the P2 and gopro route instead of P2VP. I'm really happy with my setup both with video/pic quality and the range of around a mile + so far with FPV. I'm at close to 50 flights I would guess.

i've always been a GoPro man so had to stick with it for the Phantom

I went with the P2 and GP4 and now DJI's FPV instead of the plus. Reason was simple, I wanted 4K. Plus guys are now stuck

I suspect plus guys are more hobbyists. Slightly above the FC40 folks

D

The first "Quad" video I watched was made with a GoPro and I was Hooked. Looking at other video's and Visions with out the gimbals made the Vision video quality look like a Toy. Since I've been a camera guy for 40 years, I had to have the GoPro.

If you're not into the difference in the picture/video and don't plan on changing the camera a Vision work.

CameraGuy said:
I suspect plus guys are more hobbyists. Slightly above the FC40 folks D

I just have to chime in for my fellow FC40 owners.

As a P2 and FC40 guy myself I can tell you that a lot of FC40's get seriously modified and most FC40 users know what goes on inside and around their quad. The camera on the FC40 is nothing more than a wifi gadget and gets changed to a Gopro + 2,4 or 1.2 Ghz FPV in most cases. Some change the FC40 Rx to 2.4Ghz. Some even get a P2 shell and transplant all the FC40 intestines into that.

FC40 (and P1) owners are very comparable to P2 owners with the biggest difference that their quads fly slightly better than a P2, with a lot nicer firmware (Naza M-V2). I know, I own both. Main reason for me to get a P2 as well, was the smart and bigger battery, which appealed greatly to me at the time. Now i realise the P2 is dumbed down and restricted (by the Vision Assistant!!!!), compared to the FC40/P1. Still like the battery concept though the autoland issues many people have worry me.

P2 should have it's own firmware and not be dumbed down because (in the eyes of DJI) most Vision owners are not supposed to have a clue (or need to know) what makes their quad fly.
There.... I said it.

It wasn't meant to insult anyone, At the price point and the feature set, the FC40 is clearly aimed at hobbyists.

You're totally wrong with the P2. I have images that rival the inspire.

D

P2 Non vision Here as well and for the same reason, The camera! Go pro3+! I'm quite happy not upgrading the firmware as well. Still 2.0. simple, and no worries.
However I start wondering how waypoints would work on a P2 NV? Any idea?

sergekouper said:
P2 Non vision Here as well and for the same reason, The camera! Go pro3+! I'm quite happy not upgrading the firmware as well. Still 2.0. simple, and no worries.
However I start wondering how waypoints would work on a P2 NV? Any idea?
There is the Ground Station for that, IOS and PC versions, works very well.

Thanks Irish! gonna check this!

I thought the P2 Non vision had more followers than the vision phantoms. The main reason to get a non vision over a vision is if you're seriously interested in video & photos from the sky. Ya. We've had our share of problems but we also have a lot more opportunities. Would be interesting to take a count on posts & compare them for the past year of Non Vision and Vision Plus.

CameraGuy said:
I went with the P2 and GP4 and now DJI's FPV instead of the plus. Reason was simple, I wanted 4K. Plus guys are now stuck

I suspect plus guys are more hobbyists. Slightly above the FC40 folks

D
I hate to generalize but its kind of true. Go to the official DJI forums and it's about 90% vision+ users asking how to turn on their Phantoms or why it keeps trying to "fly away" when they lose GPS (Atti in the wind)

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=39

I love flying my non vision p2 in manual mode, so much I am looking at getting a p1 or fc40. I dont think many people understand how much fun manual mode is and how fast the phantom is.

There is only so much video or photos I can take with my vision (non plus) before I get bored.

Hey guys, I don't own a phantom yet but I am researching the heck out of them. I can't seem to find any conclusive info on some questions I have: if I buy the P2 version 2 without the zenmuse, could I use a non-dji gimbal and be able to control it with the radio system that comes with the base model? I see so many forum posts about people having issues with the DJI gimbal and I don't want the vision +. I would prefer to use the gopro and my fpv gear is 5.8. I appreciate any suggestions for this topic or any tips for a new phantom owner. Didn't want to start a new topic because these may be stupid questions...ha! Thanks!

Ericf said:
Hey guys, I don't own a phantom yet but I am researching the heck out of them. I can't seem to find any conclusive info on some questions I have: if I buy the P2 version 2 without the zenmuse, could I use a non-dji gimbal and be able to control it with the radio system that comes with the base model? I see so many forum posts about people having issues with the DJI gimbal and I don't want the vision +. I would prefer to use the gopro and my fpv gear is 5.8. I appreciate any suggestions for this topic or any tips for a new phantom owner. Didn't want to start a new topic because these may be stupid questions...ha! Thanks!

There are other gimbals yes, but in my opinion no other gimbal integrates as seamlessly with the P2. Of course you're going to see a heavy amount of "issues" here because this is a place people come to complain or ask for help, but the H3-3D is a great gimbal, works fine for most folks and makes integrating FPV super simple... just get one of those plug and play cables and poof you're done.

of course this is only my opinion but I think it's better to stick with products by the same manufacturer that were designed specifically to go together.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl