Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

iPhone 6+ locked up 2 times in flight

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by jbadallas, Jun 12, 2015.

1. jbadallas

Was just flying my P3. Everything was good in terms of settings but my video was cutting in and out. I restarted and took off. I was a good distance away but had an excellent connection. I was flying by the map when I realized the P3 wasn't moving anymore. The app had locked up completely. I noticed on the video that it was cutting in and out again before the lockup. I did a RTH to get back because I didn't have a good visual.

When it landed I reset everything again and the same thing happe with the phone and app. Since it was a short, low flight I used the controller to land.

Has this happened to anyone else? The P3 and controller were working perfectly. My phone I believe is ok. I've never had an app lockup in years. The app and firmware are all up to date.

2. bbfpv

It's happened to a bunch of people. Search the forum for app freeze. I'm guessing it's hot where you were flying?

3. jbadallas

Found the thread in particular. Thanks. I posted to that. Yes, it's hot and once you pointed it out, it makes sense. Now trying to figure out a fix.

4. bbfpv

Fly from inside your car w/ the a/c on :) Works surprisingly well.

5. Buckaye

I was kidding when I originally posted a link to a little battery powered fan... but now I am actually considering it... I live in Florida and have had a couple experiences with the high temp warning on the iPhone 6 plus (in direct sunlight).... maybe there's an easy way to rig a clip on fan pointing at the iPhone?

6. jbadallas

I've done a little research. The best thing is to turn off most of the location services on your phone. Plus the WiFi and Bluetooth. I had a lot going on in the background. Maybe running the ac on the phone beforehand may help too. I wish I knew what in the app causes the phone to run hot and use up the battery. It would be nice for them to address that.

7. Buckaye

I'm pretty sure my problem was caused by direct sunlight in Florida :)