Ipad mini 4

Sorry - I meant CUSTOM, not MANUAL.
It seems to be turned the wrong way on my system:
I can change bandwidth in AUTO, I cannot select CUSTOM.

01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pie182
I had that problem at one point. Try force quitting the app. Then try again. Then try switching the frequencies a few times to see if it finally allows you to access custom. I apologize I can't remember what specifically worked but once it did it stayed fixed.

Of course you could always delete the app and reinstall it.

Reactions: pie182 and MaxHam
I had that problem at one point. Try force quitting the app. Then try again. Then try switching the frequencies a few times to see if it finally allows you to access custom. I apologize I can't remember what specifically worked but once it did it stayed fixed.

Of course you could always delete the app and reinstall it.

Thank you Ravedog for the advice. I tried to set to "custom" but it is locked to "auto" and there is no way to change to "custom" .... Today I have updated the DJI GO 4 software to version 4.1.5. The problem has improved but the no flight zone has increased and the video signal loses 200 m away from me and continues to mourn .... I tried using Litchi but it does not work well.

Force quit the DJI go app. Then restart the iPad. Then try to see you can access custom. If that doesn't work. Delete app, reinstall it. One of those things will fix being able to select custom. Had the same problem. Once fixed it didn't come back.

Thanks, Ravedog!
I can't access the "Custom" setting. It's greyed out.
I know now why, some engineer in the DJI forum got back to me:
"Hi, the custom option is default to be blocked in Europe because of the politics. Hope for your understanding."
So I guess we Europeans must live with another DJI restriction...

Thanks, Ravedog!
"Hi, the custom option is default to be blocked in Europe because of the politics. Hope for your understanding."

That is insane! They broke the bitrate - so they block access to changing the bitrate - tell them they owe you a new iPad or some device... they can't just change the app and render your hardware inert... I'm just effing speechless! TTry deleting the app - and then re-installing it.... I was not able to get to the custom settings as well once until I reinstalled the app - then I was able to access the Custom button.

Right here: all the iPad minis are listed although we know that the Mini 4 is about the only one it works with.

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 12.44.59 AM.png

Diatribe: I have sat here silently on these forums and witnessed ever increasing level of hatred towards DJI because of "changes" - Even I had to go get a new iPad because my Mini 2 wouldn't cut it... now they are crippling the 4 - there is no 5, and I'll be damned if I'm putting a 10" tablet on my RC controller.... This is MONEY out of our pocket - money we have to go spend on new hardware merely because they screwed up their code!

If you have an open line of communication with support - i would all but burn them to the ground.

Sorry if it seems that I'm angry - i AM!

Reactions: pie182
The truth is that the DJI GO 4 installed on the Phantom 4 PRO PLUS works great. It does not linger anything, the video does not stop easily! It is perfect but has a defect, you can not install external software like LITCHI, Pix4Dcapture etc.
I understand that you need to have 2 drone controllers, one with the display in the controller (Phantom 4 Pro Plus) for making movies (because it's very stable and perfect) and the other for Phantom 4 Pro because you can connect to it a tablet to use it with the sotware that I mentioned before.
I bought the NVIDIA Shield K1 tablet and I have to say that it works much better than the iPad 4 mini, but it's still slow and disconnects the video easily.

Thanks, Ravedog!
Great, another black mark against DJI, I'm beginning to think I got the wrong drone :(
I have been looking for where to change the bit rate and had seen that the custom button was greyed out. Wonder if this will change when the UK leaves Europe ... There is still hope!

Reactions: ravedog and pie182
ok so now I'm also having a problem with my ipad and the DJI go app
Its giving me this message and I loose video all the time, in a matter of minutes, I can no longer do a hardware decoding option.. Any one knows how to fix this new problem on the 4 pro?
This is just my thinking i had a mini ipad2 updated the apple update and the dji update and my mini pad wasnt worth sh?t. so i went and bought a mini ipad4 i did not update to the latest apple firmware, and only use the minimum apps on it i just use it with my p3p, i dont have any problems now using it videos are fine, i believe between apples update and dji its now getting over worked by the updates and causes the video problems

This is just my thinking i had a mini ipad2 updated the apple update and the dji update and my mini pad wasnt worth sh?t. so i went and bought a mini ipad4 i did not update to the latest apple firmware, and only use the minimum apps on it i just use it with my p3p, i dont have any problems now using it videos are fine, i believe between apples update and dji its now getting over worked by the updates and causes the video problems
Sometimes when you use GO4 with an iPad Mini/Air/Pro, and the iPad Wifi is ON, the wifi will be searching for an access point all the time. If you are flying on the 2.4Ghz band, the wifi search can interfere with your video downlink, making you think you have an app overload problem, because this interference causes a broken up green screen, JUST LIKE when the Mini 2 overheats in 90F+ ambient temps. If you turn iPad Wifi off, that may help solve display problems, for iPad Mini2,Mini 4, Air2, & Pro devices. This exact problem happened to my friend last weekend, and after he turned his iPad Mini4 wifi OFF, the display started working like normal. It also worked OK when flying on the 5.8Ghz band, with the iPad Wifi ON, since the iPad wifi was apparently only hunting for an access point on 2.4Ghz band.

Reactions: jaybee2786

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94