Ipad mini 4

Reaction score
ok so now I'm also having a problem with my ipad and the DJI go app
Its giving me this message and I loose video all the time, in a matter of minutes, I can no longer do a hardware decoding option.. Any one knows how to fix this new problem on the 4 pro?

Attachments

• IMG_0013.PNG
    IMG_0013.PNG
    590.7 KB · Views: 465
I was having the same problem with my Mini 2, it was so bad after the last update I went a got the Mini 4 with 132 Gigs of Ram. It works better but still freezes. Any suggestion?

Reactions: Hshen
I was having the same problem with my Mini 2, it was so bad after the last update I went a got the Mini 4 with 132 Gigs of Ram. It works better but still freezes. Any suggestion?
Does it freeze when you are flying nearby, or far away? What is your ambient air temp? If it's above 90F that may be the issue. If that's the case try flying from inside an air conditioned car, that's what I do on hot days.

My iPad mini 4 does the same thing. Have reset iPad back to factory reloaded DJI application. Have flown in 70F - 98F. Same issue. Have flown in the car with a/c as well . Makes me want to dump the iPad mini4 from Verizon and get a 10.5. I also have 128GB version with 90% free. I would say this started back in late may. In April it never did it. I have seen several dji updates since then also.

I have an Ipad Mini 4 128GB and my experience has been that it started freezing/green screen after the last patch. However, at this same time, temperatures here started climbing to 90 and above. I tested sitting in the car with the A/C blowing cold on it, and the problems were hardly noticeable. I just can't shake the feeling that's it is the patch somehow. Can something have changed in the processing that would make it even more tempermental to ambiant temperature?

Inquiring minds want to know.

In your transmission settings,change it to manual and lower the nitrate of the transmission to something lower. Like 6 or 4mbs. The problem will go away.

What's happening is that recent updates to the go app changed the amount of data being forced into the iPad to a much higher rate. And the iPad chokes. It's not the iPad. It's DJI changing the rate.

Try it and report back here if it works for you.

In your transmission settings,change it to manual and lower the nitrate of the transmission to something lower. Like 6 or 4mbs. The problem will go away.

What's happening is that recent updates to the go app changed the amount of data being forced into the iPad to a much higher rate. And the iPad chokes. It's not the iPad. It's DJI changing the rate.

Try it and report back here if it works for you.

Ravedod, thanks. I will give this a shot. I feel like I did change it to 4mbs. Now that I think about it though, I believe I reinstalled DJI Go so I have been having to update my settings again. I'll check that it's still set there.

I think it's worth checking these settings after each update. Especially firmware updates. I had all my camera settings defaulted after the last one.

Confirming the same symptoms with my iPad Mini 4, and successful resolution by setting the video bandwidth to 4mbps.

Reactions: ravedog
The iPad mini 4 also has 2gb ram.
Memory = ram 2gb
Storage 16,32,64,128gb

Ram and storage are two totally different things

The ram and storage is irrelevant. This is DJI overloading the amount of data the CPU can manage. They changed some things.

Reactions: KingDad1985
Off the top of my head under the frequency settings. Change it from auto to manual. Then you can change the transmission channel and rate.

Thanks - I found it but can't change to MANUAL. It's preset to AUTO
I can toggle between 2.4 and 5.8 but that's it.
iPad Mini 4, latest app/firmware.

You'll need to change Auto to Custom in order to change the bandwidth and have it remain at a custom setting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4