Ipad Mini 2

Reaction score
I can get an iPad Mini 2 with 32gb WIFI/Cellular for $149 from Best Buy. My question is, is this a good choice to go with my P3P? Or should i go for a Mini 4? I don't really want to go any bigger than this size. I am currently using an iPhone 6+.

If you can afford it, go with the Mini 4. The Mini 2 will work just fine speed-wise, but the Mini 4 has an anti-reflective coating and it's a bit brighter. Both will help when using your tablet outdoors.

So after 2 years, you will have paid $389 for the iPad. Do you have to add a data package also? I have the mini 2, no cell, and have to cache maps before I fly somewhere new, and cannot use Follow me, etc. I have been thinking about getting a Garmin Bluetooth GPS add on.

I have the cellular mini 2 and I have to say it's completely unusable in sunlight unless you're in the shade or have some sort of monitor hood.

To compare ambient reflectiveness:
iPad mini 4: 2%
iPad Air 2 : 2.5%
iPad Pro: 2.6%
iPad mini 2: 6.8%

Lower is better here - it's a percentage of how much light is reflected. The iPad mini 4 is the best iPad you can get (more than 3x less reflective than the mini 2).

Also, the cellular version is a good choice, because the wifi-only model doesn't have GPS.

Reflectiveness sources:
Mini Tablet Display Technology Shoot-Out
iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro Display Technology Shoot-Out

Big difference between the 2 and 4. I went with Mike's (www.PhantomHelp.com) suggestion. The Mini 4 is the better way to go. Never really owned the Mini 2 but had a friend with one. My 4 is alot faster and brighter. But like he said, it's more cha-ching.

> The iPad mini 4 is the best iPad you can get

But isn't the new iPad Pro 9.7" even better, and better than the iPad Pro 12.9" in this respect?

I traded in an Air 2 for the mini 4 just due to the size on the controller. Like the mini much better. Again I have WIFI only.

I started with the mini 2 and returned it for the mini 4. The 2 worked fine although I noticed it really got hot after a short while of flying. I believe it has the A7 processor compared to the A8 in the mini 4. There is a slight improvement as far as glare but you still need a shade.

I've got 2 of the cellular mini 4s for both drones love them

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka