iPad Mini 2 Holder

Reaction score
New owner/ forum member and I just received my new P3S model, unfortunately the holder is too small for my iPad Mini 2.

What have other users of the Mini installed to make the Mini work with the controller, do you like it, and does it hold the Mini stable?

TIA,

Ken

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

The best and most secure option would be to install the Inspire 1 tablet mount. It requires opening your remote controller, but it's a fairly easy mod to do. See more here.

What I use for my mini 2.....inspire 1 bracket and tablet mount

Attachments

• 20151204_101033.jpg
    20151204_101033.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 452
I think it's a pain that they don't all have the same mount and to be honest it's annoyed me, even if it was just an option to keep p3s price down. The clothes peg phone holder wobbles like a jelly.

( first post and moaning already :) Hi everyone

Hi Dirkclod
Thanks for the greeting [emoji3]
Had a couple of flights now and am amazed at the picture and video quality! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]
Excellent stuff, just have to be a bit careful with yaw speed of videoing as the camera lags a bit but to be honest you shouldn't pan left or right that fast anyway it doesn't make for good footage.

Truly impressed with my new purchase [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Reactions: dirkclod
So here is the question...

On all of the links concerning the install of the Inspire 1 tablet holder on the Phantom 3 Standard controls, I see some great pictures with not a lot of details and instruction on the installation. Things like the diameter of the hole you need to drill in the top of the control and any other "extras" not included with the Inspire 1 tablet holder, etc. Just some simple how to directions would really help. Does anyone have this level of details?

See the post here. If you have more questions, just ask. Very simple to do...You only need to open the controller and drill a hole to fit the nut mentioned in one of the last posts of the thread. Just be careful when drilling since there are wires underneath.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Like mandalay just showed ya Shademan and it helps if you walk your drill size's up when you do it .
If his link is not enough for ya use the search in my signature and type in the middle ...Inspire holder and you will see many
more threads on how to do it . We been putting them on P2's since you could buy them :)

Just received my mount and it looks like the nutsert size is 1/4"x20. Should have time on Friday to mount it.

:)

The rivnut is nicer since it's flushed but requires special tool like you said.

:)
That's what I used but didn't have that gun so I just ground off the top of it to get to the threads, got it tight and superglue'd it just cause :rolleyes:
I rigged it but it works great :) LOL
A man gotta do what a man has to ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl