iOS Ground Station on Phantom 2

volcomstone411 said:
neiloakley said:
volcomstone411 said:
so you plug btu into p2 and when it's turned on and ready to fly then the ipad will recognise it?

No. The Airlink plugs into the P2, then the BTU plugs into the groundlink. Your Ipad connects to the groundlink via the BUT. Then the groundlink talks to the P2 via the airlink over 2.4ghz.

so I got the Btu unit that plugs into the Phantom2

but i'm missing another part?
Yes-there's an Air Part as well.....

haha I got it. Thanks for all your help, i'm just a complete numpty noob haha.

So I just baught BTU and though that was enough. Never mind. My bad.

thanks guys

neiloakley said:
That's for the Naza flight controller. Won't work on a P2.

so need the whole gear. I just wanna programme my p2 to do some flights BVR. And the p2 is more stable flying itself, be nice for some footage that's all

The BTU is part of the GS. Not optional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrememc said:
The BTU is part of the GS. Not optional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
but you don't need to mount the BTU to the aircraft-only the air unit....so, essentially it would be sitting in a box. waste of money.

havasuphoto said:
thedjiguy said:
Here is an unboxing of the GS, to give you an idea of what to expect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiJDCMT-xmE
Did it come without the BTU??
I can't find just the PC version anywhere. Don't want/need the BTU.

Send it back for a refund, and buy the groundstation. Got mine for £165 including a canbus hun which you don't need but can sell for £40

So am I hearing this right? BTU will not work as a stand alone unit on the p2? I purchased it just for ease of tuning and changing parameters in the field- then waited for a firmware update well past my "return by" date for nothing?

good thing I'm rich...NOT!

spunrdneck said:
So am I hearing this right? BTU will not work as a stand alone unit on the p2?

The BTU will NOT work as a standalone unit on the P2.

The P2 Naza is a watered down version of the daddy Naza. You cant 'tune' it via bluetooth.

Sell it on ebay to someone that can use it.

neiloakley said:
spunrdneck said:
So am I hearing this right? BTU will not work as a stand alone unit on the p2?

The BTU will NOT work as a standalone unit on the P2.

The P2 Naza is a watered down version of the daddy Naza. You cant 'tune' it via bluetooth.

Sell it on ebay to someone that can use it.

I was afraid of that, thanks though! ebay here I come!

I'm a little confused or unable to find, I have a iPad Air and want to do a ground station have a phantom 2 ordered should be here I think in a week. My question is what will I need and what will be the cost.

neiloakley said:
Garysam said:
I'm a little confused or unable to find, I have a iPad Air and want to do a ground station have a phantom 2 ordered should be here I think in a week. My question is what will I need and what will be the cost.

http://www.helipal.com/dji-ipad-ground-station-w-bluetooth-module.html
Interesting-so the BTU is only a ground part, and only used to communicate with the air part, by converting the Bluetooth signal to 2.4Ghz before it's sent to the aircraft.
So basically, if you had the "dual USB"? part hooked into your laptop, you could just run the PC GS, and throw the BTU back in the box?

Exactly. USB is used if you run the PC app, BTU if you want to use the iPad app. But you still need the ground and airlink to use either.

1st impressions: Simulator crash but real life OK

I finally got my data link and BT hooked up.

Fired up the simulator with a very basic route on the iPAD app, uploaded waypoints, hit go and the simulated P2 promptly went out of control and crashed between the only 2 waypoint I have.

Tried a few more times with no better lunch and finally got the balls to do a real flight on the same pattern even though the simulation showed that it would go off randomly and crash.

I have the transmitter at the standby to take over and to my surprise, the bird flew beautifully on the simple 2 waypoint route, looping back and forward a few times before I took control and landed. Tested go home and auto-land without issues. Auto take off worked OK as well.

The only issue that I had was the iPAD app lost connection with the NAZA a few times, even though the BTU was only a few feet away and the P2 was never more than 250 ft away with line of sight. I had to manually reconnect.

Another nice thing I noticed was that the iPAD app would update the location of the P2 even when it is not under its control. Handy when doing standard FPV to have a moving map display of where the craft is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart