Interesting talk with old timer fixed wing flyer

Reaction score
I talked to him at our local club's airfield last week. Seems I'm the only one with a PV2+. There is one other owner of a regular older Phantom. He didn't put my quad down at all but said he doesn't want all of his AMA dollars going to defending the rights of quad/hex/oct owners. Best answer I could give him is that have no doubt, they'll be coming for your Piper Cub next and FPV is the wave of the future, and not just for rotodrones. Is the AMA really doing all that much?

You do realize how long the fixed-wingers have been flying, right? "They" won't come after them any time soon.

Besides, most of the fixed-wingers just like to concentrate on flying the bird, and like the challenge of flying in shifting orientation. Most who have been flying a while wouldn't touch FPV with a 10-foot pole.

I must respectfully disagree. Have you seen all of the FPV fixed wing craft coming out? I forget which magazine it's in, whether Model Airplane News, Electric Flight or the AMA's magazine but it said FPV is the future of the hobby, get used to it, and given the fact you can stick a camera on about any aircraft, they will soon be in the governments sights.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing