Interchanging Batteries in P3P and P3A

Reaction score
I just bought a P3A and also have a P3P. I have 3 batteries I've been using in my P3P. Can I use them and the new battery I received with the P3A interchangeably in either bird?

While I don't know this for sure. I would guess the answer to be NO. The reason I would say that is because some of the FW updates include updates for batteries. So if your P3A battery has the FW for that bird, I would not think it would work with the P3P.

I would guess you could take the P3A battery and put it in the P3P and update it to the correct FW, but then I would think it wouldn't work for the P3A.

I just bought a P3A and also have a P3P. I have 3 batteries I've been using in my P3P. Can I use them and the new battery I received with the P3A interchangeably in either bird?
Yes, you can mix and match them without any problems.
The battery is specific to the battery rather than the Phantom and there is no difference in the way the Advanced and Pro use their batteries.

Reactions: Droneted
Meta4 is correct. I do it all the time. I have 2 P3pros and an advanced. The batteries are interchangeable.

No, I don't. I repair cameras for the P3 Pro and Advanced. There are no issues swapping batteries between them. The firmware issue is when you swap cameras.

I have seven batteries, they work fine in either of my P3P's with different firmware and also work fine in my P3S.

Reactions: Droneted

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl