Intense video on YouTube of a man flying 9.2 miles

I know it's a huge thrill to fly the machine that far away, but you are not doing yourself a favor when it comes to safety. Flying that far away and near power lines, plus you don't know what other unprotected people are in your path that could be hurt if the drone fell out of the sky. And another thing, it might have been the quality of the video you uploaded, but where is your FAA sticker on your drone? I didn't see one.

Please read and obey the rules set out for flying drones. They are essentially flying lawnmowers.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I fly mine over water out 60,000ft under 400ft no one will get harmed no airport 8 miles.
I have over 290 flights 4423km travelled not even one incident.

I know it's a huge thrill to fly the machine that far away, but you are not doing yourself a favor when it comes to safety. Flying that far away and near power lines, plus you don't know what other unprotected people are in your path that could be hurt if the drone fell out of the sky. And another thing, it might have been the quality of the video you uploaded, but where is your FAA sticker on your drone? I didn't see one.

Please read and obey the rules set out for flying drones. They are essentially flying lawnmowers.

These guys are very safe Under 400ft flying middle of nowhere.
I do not agree on people flying next to airports flying over cities and over populated area.
Personally I do alot long range over farmland and over water anything I probably done over (100 flights 40,000ft range test and (50 flights 50,000ft range test.
Keep your aircraft away from any airports (5miles) keep drone under 400ft your safe to go.

What battery set up are you using' i am doing some research on battery mods' there is a lot of battery's out there, would like to know which one to buy. Mine is the P3A.

Sent from my LG-D852 using PhantomPilots mobile app

What battery set up are you using' i am doing some research on battery mods' there is a lot of battery's out there, would like to know which one to buy. Mine is the P3A.

Sent from my LG-D852 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I use this kit DJI - EvoLite Kit Plus with Large Maxrange panel ItElite MaxxRange Antenna (Full Kit)

Battery clip for DJI battery no more battery mods
DJI Phantom 3 Battery Clip

Battery mod thread
Dual Battery Mod

My favourite battery is mulitstar 4000mah,5200mah lihv and 6600mah lihv

Multistar LiHV High Capacity 4000Mah 4S Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack
Multistar LiHV High Capacity 5200Mah 4S Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack
MultiStar LiHV High Capacity 4S 6600mAh Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack

Last edited:
Reactions: Digdat0
Thanks for the info tommymonkey, that was a great flight, there where I am am hoping to be .

pretty much everything Tommymonkey said is spot on!!

I also created a battery mod FAQ: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NUuhPPh1BoesdXXTFsT2HXic3qHCCKWehNnHQS0k1Yo
I also have a spreadsheet of good batteries. I sort by weigh/mah: Lipo/LIHV Battery Inventory List (4s)

I pulled it up just to make sure because I have my number on my batteries on question #35 it reads that we can put it on our batteries....I was about to run down and get my label maker out and move my number :)

View attachment 74332

Read #35 again. It says your registration number can be in the battery compartment, not on the battery itself. Just pull the battery out and find a spot for your label or you where your Sharpie can reach.

Read #35 again. It says your registration number can be in the battery compartment, not on the battery itself. Just pull the battery out and find a spot for your label or you where your Sharpie can reach.

I emailed [email protected] and asked if I could put my FA number on each battery then slide it into my P3A I told them the battery clips into my drone and does not need tools to get to the FA#. I will let you all decide for yourself ....My personal opinion is that we can put the FA# on the battery
(A) Because it is legible
(B) It is affixed for the duration of every flight
(C) it is readily accessible and visible without the use of any tools

Ok wow. Thanks everyone for your input. I had no idea I would spark a conversation like this.

I actually tried to get my phantom out this morning. But I got incredibly nervous with all the wind. So I started to wonder how the phantom handles wind above 15mph.

Ok wow. Thanks everyone for your input. I had no idea I would spark a conversation like this.

I actually tried to get my phantom out this morning. But I got incredibly nervous with all the wind. So I started to wonder how the phantom handles wind above 15mph.

I am glad you brought it up ......I would rather keep my bird legal So I don't run into any trouble in the future :)

So did you take the phantom out after all?

I went to a place called High Rock in Cascade ,MD about a week ago. I never gave it a thought of how windy it was on the mountain till out got out of my car. I was nervous but I gave it a try anyway because I remembered seeing a video on YouTube of a man that stated it was 30 mph wind gust on the beach where he was at and the Phantom seemed to fly pretty steady!! well obviously that guy must of been flying for a while haha. I got my new P3A out and she was struggling in the wind but I must say it did do very well !!!! I was impressed !!I only flew for a few minutes because I got nervous . But here is the video I edited:

I am glad you brought it up ......I would rather keep my bird legal So I don't run into any trouble in the future :)

So did you take the phantom out after all?

I went to a place called High Rock in Cascade ,MD about a week ago. I never gave it a thought of how windy it was on the mountain till out got out of my car. I was nervous but I gave it a try anyway because I remembered seeing a video on YouTube of a man that stated it was 30 mph wind gust on the beach where he was at and the Phantom seemed to fly pretty steady!! well obviously that guy must of been flying for a while haha. I got my new P3A out and she was struggling in the wind but I must say it did do very well !!!! I was impressed !!I only flew for a few minutes because I got nervous . But here is the video I edited:

High Rock is pretty wild. Ya got any longer ones of that area?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl