Intense video on YouTube of a man flying 9.2 miles

did he remove the springs so forward would remain. or buy a left stick and install it upside down for locking forward?

I want a ceiling tile antenna from Walmart....lol

He said, 5 miles out, if it drops can we walk over and grab it?

Reactions: Randy2747
I know it's a huge thrill to fly the machine that far away, but you are not doing yourself a favor when it comes to safety. Flying that far away and near power lines, plus you don't know what other unprotected people are in your path that could be hurt if the drone fell out of the sky. And another thing, it might have been the quality of the video you uploaded, but where is your FAA sticker on your drone? I didn't see one.

Please read and obey the rules set out for flying drones. They are essentially flying lawnmowers.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I know it's a huge thrill to fly the machine that far away, but you are not doing yourself a favor when it comes to safety. Flying that far away and near power lines, plus you don't know what other unprotected people are in your path that could be hurt if the drone fell out of the sky. And another thing, it might have been the quality of the video you uploaded, but where is your FAA sticker on your drone? I didn't see one.

Please read and obey the rules set out for flying drones. They are essentially flying lawnmowers.

I seen that video on YouTube and posted it because I was on the edge of my chair hoping this guy (whoever he is) for it back. It was just a fun video to watch.

As far as FAA # I believe they say it has to be on your bird but I didn't remember it saying it had to be a certain size or on the outside did it? I ask this because I am new to drones and I heard people putting their number on the battery and then sliding it into their drone.

The FAA number has to be written in pen or on a sticker marked in pen and not on the battery. Some place on the drone itself.

The FAA # can be written or labeled inside the battery compartment though. There is no requirement that it be visible on the external surface of the drone...it's better if it is imo, but not required

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Apilot101
I pulled it up just to make sure because I have my number on my batteries on question #35 it reads that we can put it on our batteries....I was about to run down and get my label maker out and move my number :)

FAA # on battery.png

i remember this video when he did it, amazing! Folks are starting to do 60k feet in their phantom 3 with camera now and past 70k feet without camera. This aircraft is amazing!

70K.....NOWAY!!!! That's is CRAZY!!!! I love technology and gadgets :D Are they getting 70K with the Phantom 3 Pro? or P3A as well? I was going to get the standard but after reading a lot of post in this group I decided to go witch the P3A because of the Lightbridge. I am so glad that I did!!

Reactions: Spooky Maxwell
I pulled it up just to make sure because I have my number on my batteries on question #35 it reads that we can put it on our batteries....I was about to run down and get my label maker out and move my number :)
But if the battery pops out (as they may and, in fact, are designed to do on impact) your FAA number will no longer be 'on the drone' nor 'in the battery compartment'... I'd move the number, if I were you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4