Insurance

Rio

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got a P3 and am looking into insurance as a 'hobbiest' not for commercial use. DJI offers policies does anyone know of anyone else that offers this? also should I be insuring for public liability? Can someone advise, I would be really grateful.

Many thanks

I have my insurance through a rider to my State Farm home owners policy. Less than $50 a year for full coverage for loss because of theft or crash.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: RDZDroneFlier
Found this interesting and called my State Farm agent. I have auto insurance with them but not homeowners. I can get coverage for theft, damage, or lost for $75.00 a year. This doesn't cover crashing into people/property. They will not cover it being used for "commercial" use which is fine for me. I figure "flyaway" protection for $75.00 a year is worth a little piece of mind. Thanks for bringing up this topic, I had no idea I could get this coverage.

Reactions: RDZDroneFlier
I'm with Geico, but I'll inquire if they offer any coverage with drones. Are there any independent companies that offer coverage for recreational flying for an affordable premium? Anyone have experience with Verifly?

I have my insurance through a rider to my State Farm home owners policy. Less than $50 a year for full coverage for loss because of theft or crash.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I have StateFarm As well. $60 a years along with other personal property items on same policy. With not deductible. Lost/Stolent/Damaged

Reactions: Donallen
I'm with Geico, but I'll inquire if they offer any coverage with drones. Are there any independent companies that offer coverage for recreational flying for an affordable premium? Anyone have experience with Verifly?

Did you ever find out about coverage through Geico for this? I called my rep today and was told it is covered under my renter's insurance policy partially. Theft, damage caused by fire, natural disaster, etc., (except for hurricane [I live in Florida] because apparently people try to fly drones in hurricane weather?), but would not cover for damage caused by crashes, or fly aways, birds, etc. I asked for a rider or schedule, to add the quadcopter to it. I was told to call back tomorrow because since I just activated the renter's insurance, they would not be able to get me to the under-writer until tomorrow to discuss it. If they can't cover it, I'll call state farm to ask about it.

Hi all, I just got a P3 and am looking into insurance as a 'hobbiest' not for commercial use. DJI offers policies does anyone know of anyone else that offers this? also should I be insuring for public liability? Can someone advise, I would be really grateful.

Many thanks
I live in Iowa. Just called my State Farm agent. I can get a "rider" to my homeowners, to cover my DJI P3P for $33 per year, as a hobbiest, full coverage for loss because of theft or crash. Gonna get it next week!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl