In Asheville. Need clues for flying in mountains first time.

Thank you. I like to know the law well. That way you know your boundaries. I have done and still try to metal detect. I'm very compliant with the authorities, but I never let ignorant police bully me around.
Your welcome. Re-read my post. I just edited it. I'm a metal detector guy too. That's another way to get yourself in trouble nowadays!

Your welcome. Re-read my post. I just edited it. I'm a metal detector guy too. That's another way to get yourself in trouble nowadays!
I know it's a little off subject, but really not. I make myself very well known with the authorities when it comes to metal detecting. I introduced myself and gave them my number if they ever need my help. They help me by informing me places that open up for me to detect. When they see me they ask me how I'm doing. I work with the DNR and the local historical society. There are Newspaper articles about me MD'ing. They open up the grey areas for me. Good pr goes a long way!

Reactions: Crack The Sky
I know it's a little off subject, but really not. I make myself very well known with the authorities when it comes to metal detecting. I introduced myself and gave them my number if they ever need my help. They help me by informing me places that open up for me to detect. When they see me they ask me how I'm doing. I work with the DNR and the local historical society. There are Newspaper articles about me MD'ing. They open up the grey areas for me. Good pr goes a long way!
You are correct, sir., and I do the same. That mentality needs trickle over into this hobby, too. Have fun.

I live not 30 min from you, and when I fly, commercial or otherwise, I always fly up to the point I feel I have cleared the trees, then I do a 360 sweep to make sure, and fly my target property. I use the focus a lot so I only have to worry about left and right, and not the camera. I would also use the path feature cautiously around here, as our terrain can change very quickly. Where there was not a tree, there can quickly be a tree. I know...

Yup. I always to make sure to get that permission before I hunt a property. So far only one person told me no, but she was very thankful I asked.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT