Improving you Pilot Skills

Reaction score
What does everyone do to improve their flying skills?

I really enjoy flying to get that Cinematic look when videoing my subject and was interested in what others do to improve their skills as a pilot.

I’d also be interested if you have a “go to” flight plan as such, or just “wing it” on the day.

Cheers G

I try flying that white rectangle in the Flight Simulator good stick practice if not actually flying. Closer to ground, you can see the drone's shadow on the white line.

For something harder in the Flight Simulator, try putting the drone up about 8 feet and maybe four feet away from you (It's close!), face the camera towards you, and then circle yourself with the camera pointing at you the entire time while the drone circles you. I don't know if it's the hardest simulator task to do, but it takes some serious stick skills to do a 360 while the camera points at you (Sans doing it with a flight app like AutoPilot or Litchi.).

Mack

Reactions: artheserenity
I practice with my Vision and do so mostly in ATTI . About all I use it for now .
To play . And like it windy .

...I've looked through some classified ads for drone pilots, and one of the requisite skills I saw demanded was a perfect backwards figure eight - in attitude mode - I tried that the other day and I've got a ways to go to nail that little number!

Nice. I think I'll have to stick to my day job.

What does everyone do to improve their flying skills?

I really enjoy flying to get that Cinematic look when videoing my subject and was interested in what others do to improve their skills as a pilot.

I’d also be interested if you have a “go to” flight plan as such, or just “wing it” on the day.

Cheers G
I pull out the Syma X8H. It has altitude control, so it's like flying the P3 in atti mode. And no gimbal control or realtime video link. If you can get and keep that bird on target, especially with a little wind, you're pretty good.

Reactions: artheserenity
For something harder in the Flight Simulator, try putting the drone up about 8 feet and maybe four feet away from you (It's close!), face the camera towards you, and then circle yourself with the camera pointing at you the entire time while the drone circles you. I don't know if it's the hardest simulator task to do, but it takes some serious stick skills to do a 360 while the camera points at you (Sans doing it with a flight app like AutoPilot or Litchi.).

Mack

This brought back flashbacks of playing Quake, a Unreal Tournament years ago. It was the called the Circle-Strafe maneuver that would allow you to circle your opponent, but always keep your weapon pointed at your opponent. If you could master it, even while jumping, you were assured great success.

I bet these kids nowadays with their level of eye-hand coordination are eating these maneuvers up. I use that maneuver quite often as I am always trying to keep my phantom between the sun and my subject. Or looking for the perfect angle.

Reactions: kennedye

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl