Improve of the distance of my Drone

Jack, first I would like to say I am really sorry for your loss. I spent a lot of time thinking about what to do as far as which drone to get. The professional was just out of range, but I did go for the advanced and I got a really good deal on it. Now I don't need to worry about increasing the range (at least I hope not!). Really it wouldn't make sense to get the standard if buying the range extender and other cables etc. So it will be here on Monday and looking forward to it, now if just the weather would clear up. Another advantage, well at least for me, with the advanced vs the standard is that the remote with the advanced connects via usb (I am going to use a 2nd gen nexus 7) to my tablet which should allow me to leave it tethered to my phone (since it is wifi only), that way the maps function I think will work without me having to cache the maps to get them to work. Also a lot of the stuff you said made a lot of sense and I think in the long run I would regret it if I didn't make it happen when I could without being able to get my $ back for the standard. It would be nice to have 4k I suppose (they now make a standard with 4k - Buy Phantom 3 4K | DJI Store) but I don't think that is as important as the lightbridge, sonar, remote controller enhancements etc. 1080p looks plenty good for me. Thank you for all your feedback!

Jack, first I would like to say I am really sorry for your loss. I spent a lot of time thinking about what to do as far as which drone to get. The professional was just out of range, but I did go for the advanced and I got a really good deal on it. Now I don't need to worry about increasing the range (at least I hope not!). Really it wouldn't make sense to get the standard if buying the range extender and other cables etc. So it will be here on Monday and looking forward to it, now if just the weather would clear up. Another advantage, well at least for me, with the advanced vs the standard is that the remote with the advanced connects via usb (I am going to use a 2nd gen nexus 7) to my tablet which should allow me to leave it tethered to my phone (since it is wifi only), that way the maps function I think will work without me having to cache the maps to get them to work. Also a lot of the stuff you said made a lot of sense and I think in the long run I would regret it if I didn't make it happen when I could without being able to get my $ back for the standard. It would be nice to have 4k I suppose (they now make a standard with 4k - Buy Phantom 3 4K | DJI Store) but I don't think that is as important as the lightbridge, sonar, remote controller enhancements etc. 1080p looks plenty good for me. Thank you for all your feedback!
Why did they make a standard with 4k?

Ok, looking here
Compare the Phantom Series | DJI

It also has this over the standard:
Vision Positioning System with ultrasonic sensors (Position holding without GPS)
& the nicer remote

But it does not have:
Lightbridge Video Downlink, 3.1mi (5Km) range
GPS+GLONASS Dual Positioning Module

This and the Advanced are currently the same price. I went with the advanced for the lightbridge mainly (I am just fine with 1080p or 2.7k for that matter)

Don't buy the 4K for the VPS, it only good indoors. or under 10 feet altitude.
Most P3P owners recommend turning it OFF outside.

dmark1867,

I typed up a long as usual message right when I saw the GREAT NEWS OF THE FANTASTIC CHOICE YOU DECIDED TO MAKE!!!!!!! I lost the entire message before I could send that DAY:/:/:/ I can't have it at the moment, BUT the NEXT Best thing was to hear of you Being able to get One!!!!! It Sincerely "MADE MY DAY"!!!! It felt so Good to Know I had a small part in the VERY WISE CHOICE you decided to make!!!:):):):). I think I might have been more Excited for you than I would have been for Myself!?!?!?!?!?!? WEIRD?? But Nice!! I Hope & Pray You Enjoy YOUR P3 "ADVANCED"!!!! Because that's what it is compared to the Standard, It is EXTREMELY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY!!!!!;).

Last edited:
If you have any suggestions, that aren't fly under 400 feet lol that would help a lot, like which way I should hold the controller, what way I should face, and what position I should be in. I also may have a bad connection because I'm in rural area surrounded by trees.

You could try a real windsurfer instead of the DIY version, i have tried both and the paper ones are crap. Either print this and cover it in foil or buy one directly from him: Phantom 3 Standard Parabolic Range Booster.

Also watch this DJI video about best antenna practices

riverphantom3,

I typed up a long as usual message right when I saw the GREAT NEWS OF THE FANTASTIC CHOICE YOU DECIDED TO MAKE!!!!!!! I lost the entire message before I could send that DAY:/:/:/ I can't have it at the moment, BUT the NEXT Best thing was to hear of you Being able to get One!!!!! It Sincerely "MADE MY DAY"!!!! It felt so Good to Know I had a small part in the VERY WISE CHOICE you decided to make!!!:):):):). I think I might have been more Excited for you than I would have been for Myself!?!?!?!?!?!? WEIRD?? But Nice!! I Hope & Pray You Enjoy YOUR P3 "ADVANCED"!!!! Because that's what it is compared to the Standard, It is EXTREMELY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY!!!!!;). 10-4. "RF3*ADV". :)
I didn't get no phantom 3 advanced?

Reactions: GaDrone
dirkclod

I'm Sorry Man, that post was intended for dmark1867. I was in a hurry, and got mixed up on names. I was trying to help him on page 19. Lol

Reactions: dirkclod
dirkclod

I'm Sorry Man, that post was intended for dmark1867. I was in a hurry, and got mixed up on names. I was trying to help him on page 19. Lol
:) You don't have to be sorry to me Jack..I thought it was funny that's all . ;)
Crap-Happen's

Speakin' of range........wish I was in the land of cotton.......a little chilly here.
11 below or 12F, but ya just can't beat the performance with dense air. lol

Reactions: dirkclod
Speakin' of range........wish I was in the land of cotton.......a little chilly here.
11 below or 12F
:)
32 here and glad I am seeing that ;)
And welcome to the forum :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl