Improve of the distance of my Drone

hello all I'm new to the drone scene and have purchased a p3s. i flew it on the maiden flight in beginner mode then turned it off.. i took it to 100m once then it would not go over 50m then it would return home

cheers Craig

I just saw all of this while heading out to work for today. I installed the ITELITE flight range extender antenna on my p3 standard controller when my signal would not exceed 400 foot away from me diagonally horizontal at approximately 200 foot altitude. This wasn't a problem 100% of the time, but would happen when I least expected it. I feel sure it has a lot to do with all of the interference surrounding my property, so I wanted to increase my radio, and Wi-Fi connection to keep the aggravation of disabling my return to home feature when it was no more than 150 foot away from me. I Really got fed up after my last update that occurred a few days before Christmas. The update said it was adjusting the thrust for a colder climate. Made a lot of sense to me, but Could have also possibly been A safety precaution DJI implemented for all of The New phantom 3 beginner pilots?!? Post December 25, 2015. After all that is when they required everyone to register there drone for the first time. Not to mention the big media scare. I'm not sure, but I'm VERY!!!! HAPPY!!!! with the performance of my radio receiver NOW!!!! considering it's not Lightbridge. I could not find any instructions a week ago when I received my antenna, so I made a video of the modification which only involves disconnecting 2 Wi-Fi signal wires, and 1 radio signal wire. Then simply mounting the antenna threaded male connectors to the front, and top of my receiver. After that you simply clip the quick disconnect bracket on the metal handle, and connect the antenna wire and to Wi-Fi wires to the antenna that is attached to the bracket with two wing nuts. The antenna works absolutely incredible considering there isn't anything electrically boosting the signal. I'm going to do my best to edit the video I made with a GoPro mounted on a tripod stand aiming directly down on my work table. I made A point to get a good shot of everything necessary to do the modification as flawlessly as possible. The only complaint I have is that I believe my internal Wi-Fi wires were designed for the phantom 2 Vision+ which made them shorter than I would have liked. It caused me to install the threaded connectors lower on my radio than I would have liked. I'm sure that this issue will be solved if it hasn't already been solved from one of the pictures I just observed on this site. I'll do my best to get that video up ASAP!! I also wanted to mention that I noticed that the Wi-Fi antennas were mounted in the top of my receiver, and I believe this can contribute to a lot of the problems people are having with losing video signal due to a tablet or even cell phone possibly blocking the signal. I'm happy to report after removing the unneeded factory Wi-Fi antennas out of my controller, and the range extender sits on top of my controller now, I don't have that problem anymore Either. :)

hello all I'm new to the drone scene and have purchased a p3s. i flew it on the maiden flight in beginner mode then turned it off.. i took it to 100m once then it would not go over 50m then it would return home

cheers Craig
I was on tech support yesterday they said the new firmware update does mess up the distance

I just saw all of this while heading out to work for today. I installed the ITELITE flight range extender antenna on my p3 standard controller when my signal would not exceed 400 foot away from me diagonally horizontal at approximately 200 foot altitude. This wasn't a problem 100% of the time, but would happen when I least expected it. I feel sure it has a lot to do with all of the interference surrounding my property, so I wanted to increase my radio, and Wi-Fi connection to keep the aggravation of disabling my return to home feature when it was no more than 150 foot away from me. I Really got fed up after my last update that occurred a few days before Christmas. The update said it was adjusting the thrust for a colder climate. Made a lot of sense to me, but Could have also possibly been A safety precaution DJI implemented for all of The New phantom 3 beginner pilots?!? Post December 25, 2015. After all that is when they required everyone to register there drone for the first time. Not to mention the big media scare. I'm not sure, but I'm VERY!!!! HAPPY!!!! with the performance of my radio receiver NOW!!!! considering it's not Lightbridge. I could not find any instructions a week ago when I received my antenna, so I made a video of the modification which only involves disconnecting 2 Wi-Fi signal wires, and 1 radio signal wire. Then simply mounting the antenna threaded male connectors to the front, and top of my receiver. After that you simply clip the quick disconnect bracket on the metal handle, and connect the antenna wire and to Wi-Fi wires to the antenna that is attached to the bracket with two wing nuts. The antenna works absolutely incredible considering there isn't anything electrically boosting the signal. I'm going to do my best to edit the video I made with a GoPro mounted on a tripod stand aiming directly down on my work table. I made A point to get a good shot of everything necessary to do the modification as flawlessly as possible. The only complaint I have is that I believe my internal Wi-Fi wires were designed for the phantom 2 Vision+ which made them shorter than I would have liked. It caused me to install the threaded connectors lower on my radio than I would have liked. I'm sure that this issue will be solved if it hasn't already been solved from one of the pictures I just observed on this site. I'll do my best to get that video up ASAP!! I also wanted to mention that I noticed that the Wi-Fi antennas were mounted in the top of my receiver, and I believe this can contribute to a lot of the problems people are having with losing video signal due to a tablet or even cell phone possibly blocking the signal. I'm happy to report after removing the unneeded factory Wi-Fi antennas out of my controller, and the range extender sits on top of my controller now, I don't have that problem anymore Either. :)
So did you remove the Wi-Fi antennas?

Jack,

Have you had a chance to post the video that you took of the installation of the ITELITE flight range extender antenna on your p3 standard controller? Does the video also include the removal of the now unneeded factory Wi-Fi antennas out of your controller?

Thanks!

Reactions: Jack1926
I have not had a chance to post vidio yet. The factory Wi-Fi antennas are mounted on two small circuit boards located at the top of the receiver, and are glued in place. I did remove the factory antennas, and have a video and pics of the entire process. It's really easy, and if you are not able to find what you're looking for in the site above please let me know oh, and I'll do my best to get some pics, or maybe even the video up ASAP. I apologize for the delay, I've been tied up with income taxes. I know when I went to install the antenna I could not find anything other than the Vision Plus mod video. One of the most important things it's to be extremely careful when removing the glue from both Wi-Fi wires, and the antenna wire located inside of the receiver. Then carefully unplugging all three wires. They actually snap into place so don't just pull them off. Using a large thin jeweler's screwdriver works best to gently pry the connectors off once the glue has been removed. I'll check back with you in a few hours to see if you were able to find what you were looking for. I just want to help because I know how frustrating it was when I could not find anything pertaining to the P 3 "Standard" receiver mod by ITELITE. Below is a picture of the Wi-Fi antennas and radio antenna. I can send more pics in the next few hours. By the way when looking at the picture the Wi-Fi antennas are only visible from the back so that's the two large green squares at the top of the receiver the above the joysticks. The picture shows down from the antenna side.

Attachments

• 1452205945526.jpg
    1452205945526.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 1452205970938.jpg
    1452205970938.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 334
Jack,

Have you had a chance to post the video that you took of the installation of the ITELITE flight range extender antenna on your p3 standard controller? Does the video also include the removal of the now unneeded factory Wi-Fi antennas out of your controller?

Thanks!
I have not yet.. Today I packed up my drone to send to DJI for repairs but fedex didn't pick it up, when it gets back repaired I'll make the video then :D

I wish i could have gotten in touch with you about 3 weeks ago Jay H!! I thought sure I had looked Everywhere, but was obviously not using the right search words?!?!? Idk how in the world I missed all of these videos!! Lol.. Anyway, I now know who to ask when I can't find something!! Good looking out, and good luck dmark, and riverphantom3!!! Has anyone confirmed that the LAST update killed more than HALF of the P3 Range?? If so, are they going to UNDO their, what I would call "The Christmas 2015 Safety Measure" anytime soon??? I'm really Excited to see what my New ITELITE Antenna will do in the country when I go there. I would love to worry about loosing line of sight!! One other question I had was what in the world is going on with the Phantom 3 Standard selling at $499.00 recently????? Are they about to release all of Their New Models, or something?? Or did Standard's sells drop off when everyone found out how Fantastic it is to have an Advanced, or Professional model with camera control without taking your hands off the receiver?? Not to mention LIFE BRIDGE for DISTANCE, SONAR, so it doesn't go crazy if you loose less than 6 satellites. 2 more frames in vidio mode with the Advanced, and 4K vidio with the professional. I am not complaining though, because this has been a wonderful experience!! I've been so busy with day in, and day out life, I had no idea that the technology had come this far for the Money!! The last time I looked at camera drones was approximately 5 years ago, and they cost as much as a new car!! The vidio wasn't even half as good as a P2 vision back then. My Girlfriend Gave me My P3 Standard, as an early Christmas present a month ago, and it has reawaken the child in Me!! After all of my warbirds, and six channel Helicopters, this is in a Realm of its own!! It has literally made all of my Childhood, night time Dreams come true!! I can now lift off out of my very own yard, and fly with a birdseye view looking down on all of the land I grew up on, and played as a child. Amazing!!!! It's also a Fantastic New Tool for my business. I am NOW officially into video photography!!! Happy, Safe Flying, and God Bless!!!

I wish i could have gotten in touch with you about 3 weeks ago Jay H!! I thought sure I had looked Everywhere, but was obviously not using the right search words?!?!? Idk how in the world I missed all of these videos!! Lol.. Anyway, I now know who to ask when I can't find something!! Good looking out, and good luck dmark, and riverphantom3!!! Has anyone confirmed that the LAST update killed more than HALF of the P3 Range?? If so, are they going to UNDO their, what I would call "The Christmas 2015 Safety Measure" anytime soon??? I'm really Excited to see what my New ITELITE Antenna will do in the country when I go there. I would love to worry about loosing line of sight!! One other question I had was what in the world is going on with the Phantom 3 Standard selling at $499.00 recently????? Are they about to release all of Their New Models, or something?? Or did Standard's sells drop off when everyone found out how Fantastic it is to have an Advanced, or Professional model with camera control without taking your hands off the receiver?? Not to mention LIFE BRIDGE for DISTANCE, SONAR, so it doesn't go crazy if you loose less than 6 satellites. 2 more frames in vidio mode with the Advanced, and 4K vidio with the professional. I am not complaining though, because this has been a wonderful experience!! I've been so busy with day in, and day out life, I had no idea that the technology had come this far for the Money!! The last time I looked at camera drones was approximately 5 years ago, and they cost as much as a new car!! The vidio wasn't even half as good as a P2 vision back then. My Girlfriend Gave me My P3 Standard, as an early Christmas present a month ago, and it has reawaken the child in Me!! After all of my warbirds, and six channel Helicopters, this is in a Realm of its own!! It has literally made all of my Childhood, night time Dreams come true!! I can now lift off out of my very own yard, and fly with a birdseye view looking down on all of the land I grew up on, and played as a child. Amazing!!!! It's also a Fantastic New Tool for my business. I am NOW officially into video photography!!! Happy, Safe Flying, and God Bless!!!
I do think the updated killed the distance.

Jay H
Thanks that video is very helpful, don't know how I missed it, but thank you

Jack1926
If you think your video would be helpful as well please let me know.
I guess you can't be over preparred

Do you think that you should also use a hot glue gun to reinforce the new connections?

Also I wonder if it would be worth purchasing these cables instead of using the ones that come with the kit:
http://www.phantompilots.com/attachments/imageuploadedbyphantompilots1451676581-342449-jpg.39077/
SMA male to RP-SMA male both right angle RF lot RG402 Semi Flexible blue Cable

I heard the price drop is a 10th anniversary deal
DJI 10th Anniversary – The best Phantom 3 Deal ever to date | Quadcopter Guide

I just got the standard for 499, the advanced is 300 more at 799
I could possibly return mine still?
I do not plan on really taking the drone that far nor fly it indoors.
This antenna mod is about 120 dollars, so even with it not being as good, you are still 180 less invested.
Just thinking out loud if it would be worth spending the extra money.
Another rub is I have already ordered accessories that would be difficult to return (or not really worth it) that are for the standard model only. . . .

Listen to me if there's any way you can get the advanced model I would not hesitate !!! The remote control has buttons on the top right and left for initiating video or taking pictures and you never have to take your hands off of the remote to hit that DOT On your mobile device. It also comes with vision positioning system which is sonar, and it's not just about flying indoors it makes takeoff and landings in rough wind exceptionally smooth compared to GPS along because its measuring the distance from the ground and combining that with the GPS coordinates so the more the merrier if you know what I mean. It's not just about flying indoors like I had thought originally Myself!!! yet is designed to give your phantom more Ways of knowing how to keep stable and stay in the same position such as possibly flying close to some type of large shed or obstruction that might kill your satellite uplink dropping it down to less than 6 satellites. When this happened to mine at the edge of my carport it was all I could do to keep it from taking off sideways and slamming into the bed of my truck!!! It also has a much!!! better camera for moving shots even though it's not 4K. Not many people even have something that you could appreciate 4k video on these days, and it will not be a thing of the norm for at least a few more years. The life Bridge receiver control system and app is way superior, and is even used by the inspire which can cost up to approximately $4,500 with one battery but two remotes. Those remotes / receivers/ transmitters or whatever you wanna call them on the Advanced and professional version R incredibly superior to the standard remote like I unfortunately have. just like everyone says it is just a glorified phantom 2 Vision+ receiver . I have already added up everything that I have spent since I got my p3 standard and including what my girlfriend paid which was approximately $700 I have easily invested another $600 making it a total of $1,300.00 and I'm regrettably not finished yet. I have got to make myself stop!!!! because the professional is what I need to get and I'm set on, but I will ALWAYS be extremely grateful for my first standard that was given to me as a gift because it opened my eyes to this incredible technology!!! My life has been way off track since my father passed away a little more than 3 years ago and I had forgotten how to smile for the most part. This gift has really had a tremendous effect on me. My dad was an HVAC plumbing structural Electrical Chemical and nuclear Engineer. He absolutely loved cameras and camcorders to capture unforgettable moments but sadly the camera was pointing at everyone else 95% of the time:/ he would have absolutely been amazed by this what he would called state-of-the-art military technology at a affordable price for the average consumer. I know things are tight for me right now especially with property taxes and income taxes being due. I just wanted to help you if it is possibly in your budget, and save you the regret for not at least purchasing the advanced model book hauls it is all around immensely superior to the standard model after you have owned the standard long enough to master basic orientation, and navigational skills which are incredibly easy to do with all of the flight support you have from the on-board computers satellite gyro sonar internal Digital compass and the list goes on and on to be honest with you. If there is any way possible you can purchase the advanced model I promise you you will never ever regret it!!!!! as many things as I have to worry about it blows my mind how wrapped up I have become in trying to figure out how I can make my standard as smart as at least the advanced model and it's just ridiculous to even think about becaus it is what it is and just the receiver for the advanced model was sold last night used on eBay for $452 by the High Bidder and you can purchase our receiver for approximately $150 brand spanking new so what does that tell you!!!! I could not imagine being able to take photos while keeping my fingers on the control sticks and starting and stopping video without ever having to take my hands off of the controller. It becomes extremely annoying after you really get some flight time under your belt to have to reach up and tap that little dot on your screen to take a picture every single time. When you start really getting good you will take pictures back to back as you navigate up down y'all and backup move forward or from side to side and it will mean the world to you to have your finger on that button to take a picture or starter video the entire time. this is why I know I have got to upgrade to life bridge and at least the advanced model. because I received mine as a gift I could not return it with a good conscience even after knowing I had to have at least the Advanced model by the third flight!!! Have been using dragon to type all of this but I've got to start doing some math now and I'm not that multi faceted!! Lol. I can't remember everything you ask but of course do you know my feelings on the standard versus the advanced especially considering the recent price drop. I have been flying RC 4 / 30 years everything from warbirds to by planes own up to full progressive pitch 500 class 8 channel RC helicopters and this gives me a completely different prospective as far as usefulness rather than just a big boys expensive toy that you will never do anything with but play with. when you take your phantom and capture your first really big moment whether it be video or just one picture it will make you realize how much having this at your disposal can main even if you just want to check your gutters to see if they're full of pine straw!!! Lol as far as the cables are concerned I would not order those cables until the antenna was actually mounted onto your receiver and you have an opportunity to take a measurement so you can order the exact length you need without it being too short or too long because you will have to remove the antenna when you put your remote inside of a case and it would be nice if you had enough wire to unclip the remote and lay it down without disconnecting the wires but just enough and not too much and I cannot remember the last question you asked or if there were any others but I will glance as soon as I send and give you my opinion.

As far as the cables, I'm going to order a set my self at the precise length I need to make it all work and look well fitted.

To tell you the truth the more I learn the more I come to the conclusion that the p3 standard is a phantom 2 with upgraded motors and an upgraded battery with a camera that is about the same as the P 2 Vision+ with the same gimble and the exact same controller except the Wi-Fi extender module is located inside of the controller on the p3 instead of on the carrying handle like the Vision Plus. I'm believe the only reason this carries The Phantom 3 name is the cause it is DJ s latest phantom 2 Vision Plus model with the upgraded battery and Motor which give it longer flight time. I'm not hundred percent sure about all of the software involved in creating the new DGI Go app but those are the main things that can easily be proven, and last year when they announced they would be selling these for $800 it pretty much blew everyone away, but everyone that already owned a phantom one or, two and had actually been following The Phantom line for at least 6 months to a year pretty much had their heart set on the professional or at least Advanced because in their opinion this IS and will always be a glorified phantom 2 and I know where they're coming from because it just doesn't have anything new to offer as far as assisted flight intelligence like sonar module and the new upgraded cameras and don't forget that controller I told you about with "LifeBridge " Just go online and take a real good look at the Advanced and professional receiver. I'm looking at having to spend another $50 I'm getting the tablet holder that comes on the advanced and professional because what I have is the aluminum phantom 2 device holder so it would be more sturdy and A tablet holder that fits all the same ball joint and slides up and down to hold my tablet but because it is not mounted to the center of the control like the professional and advanced receiver mount is located it causes my controller to be extremely top heavy and is impossible to get it to balance with it hanging from my lanyard when I use it on very rare occasions but it would be extremely nice to be able to let go of my transmitter every once in awhile rather than have to set it down on the ground when I need to use my hands preparing for flight or changing out batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl