IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

My feeling is that this whole drone thing is going to be much, much bigger than a bunch of geeks (that is us all :D) flying for hobby taking cool landscape pics and sport films with quads on weekends.

Drones might see their way into a lot more important things in the future, like transportation (just look at that cool Ehang device already), medical rescue, delivery, etc. Not that hobby or filming is not important, but I´m talking about a different scale, another level, a whole new economy.

All that will bring the need for serious air traffic regulation. This is only the beginning, the rehearsal. In fact I thought I´d see the 2015/16 sky a lot more crowded with P3s, Parrots and Yuneeqs - maybe the $1.000 figure isn´t low enough to have a few million quads flying all over. So far it has increased, but not yet what I thought it would be. But it sure isn´t RC either, certainly not a niche anymore.
very good points and totally agree with you.

If you had once connected DJI go app to RC , next time you can just start it without RC, you can select the P3 adv or Pro as the case may be and then select camera and see the maps.
I can do this on a Nexus 7 but not iPad Air. It seems to be specific to Android DJI Go app. I only see How to Connect button in iOS app.

So anyone get a p3p that got updated fully reverted back to where it has the old software and works? Well by works I mean does not have geo enabled or active.

I ask because I'm encountering a delay atm. I don't care about most nfzs. So far in what I can see its airports. What I'm not okay with is dji being able to ground it.

there gonna start shipping from fact
It has been like this for almost three years in my experience. It won't change in the near future, likely.

I never plug them into iTunes :(
If your iphone updated the app without using itunes, there is a good chance you might still have an older version on your computer. I would disconnect the computer from the internet and then load itunes. If the app is there, physically go to the folder where the apps are saved and save a copy. Delete the app from your phone, sync to itunes and then re-install the old version of the app from itunes. Make sure you have autoupdate turned off on your phone/ipad.

If your iphone updated the app without using itunes, there is a good chance you might still have an older version on your computer. I would disconnect the computer from the internet and then load itunes. If the app is there, physically go to the folder where the apps are saved and save a copy. Delete the app from your phone, sync to itunes and then re-install the old version of the app from itunes. Make sure you have autoupdate turned off on your phone/ipad.

Thanks for this but I never plug my iphone or ipad into itunes. When I look there are no apps listed in itunes under 'ipad apps' or 'iphone apps'. Is it possible for someone to save their dji go 2.4.3.ipa file and share it on dropbox or something?

Thanks for this but I never plug my iphone or ipad into itunes. When I look there are no apps listed in itunes under 'ipad apps' or 'iphone apps'. Is it possible for someone to save their dji go 2.4.3.ipa file and share it on dropbox or something?

It won't work as stated elsewhere - the app is allocated to your iTunes Apple account. So if I copied my app and sent it on to you, it wouldn't work unless you also had my iTunes log in details.

:(

So the NFZ info is stored on the drone? Does the DJI Go 2.5.0 app upload this info into the drone?

the
I'm pretty sure it's 2.4.3. That's what I have and no problems.

Fun fact: this thread has 18k views. That's crazy!

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

I dont' any ios device to thest them, but here there are various dji go apps, ios version...

I have P3A with 1.6. But I saw NFZs on DJI app 2.4 with RC and P3 off. So it's not related to FW on RC or P3.
Exactly the same for me except I have a P3P. Once the iOS device was Internet connected, NFZs appeared on both 2.4 and 2.5 versions of the GO app

How do you view the maps with the RC and P3 off? I can not do anything in the app until they are connected...

I have a question that is a variation of this one. The aircraft is still in the box and has not yet been setup.

Was able to get 2.4.3 installed on an iPhone using the XML hacks that were posted earlier (thanks!). The iPhone is internet connected and I launched the app to verify the version number.

Does anyone know if it would have contacted the DJI servers to download the NFZ's? Or would it need to have first been connected to the a/c to do so?

I have a question that is a variation of this one. The aircraft is still in the box and has not yet been setup.

Was able to get 2.4.3 installed on an iPhone using the XML hacks that were posted earlier (thanks!). The iPhone is internet connected and I launched the app to verify the version number.

Does anyone know if it would have contacted the DJI servers to download the NFZ's? Or would it need to have first been connected to the a/c to do so?

Can you link me to the XML hacks?

I am still a bit unclear about geofencing and no fly zones. ( I have a p3s and ver 2.5) Am I to understand that my phantom will not fly if I am 3.8 miles from an airport? Will it not take off?

Hi, just as reference, here is a Google map of the locations the built in flyssafe list withing the BETA GO app contains.. I think almost all are airports. I have not added the radiys as this is not as easy to do with so many objects.

Note not al will be active in the GO App when using it.

If they just had these points as part of GEO in RED around the sites and maybe a 5km orange auth zone around them, I think all would be good. Also add in prisons and military sites and other sensitive places with RED around their perimeters.

THEN, after all is done, start adding in other specific areas restricted under local laws as unlockable ORANGE zones ( like national parks in the US for example )

www.googledrive.com/host/0B8Yh-CQNpwZYMWpKZjFPNzBCcXM

Here is the one from 2.4.3:
www.googledrive.com/host/0B8Yh-CQNpwZYM1NZdHBlRmg3REk

Here is 2.5:
www.googledrive.com/host/0B8Yh-CQNpwZYemNrWmhkWTQ2R1k

Last edited:
My P3P is enroute from New Jersey to California to get a stress crack fixed. There is no way they can update the operating system unless they have my iPad Air correct? Sorry for the stupid question but just needed to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lots of posts have been made on this topic, let me summarize:

1. You see NFZs on Go App version 2.4 and 2.5. Thus No point in reverting back to old versions.

2. NFZs are stored on a separate DJI's server and appear on a map layer. We don't know when was this layer added to DJI go app (2.4 or 2.3 version or even earlier) to display NFZs

3. NFZ server is active since release of app version 2.5. Initially it was restricting flying even in the vicinity of helipads, hospitals etc but now it is showing only airports as NFZs this is a relief to all drone fliers

I will summarize again when new facts emerge out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing