IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

This is correct. It's a bug caused by the app version getting ahead of the firmware version. The new app turns on the feature in the 1.6 firmware but doesn't have the mechanism available yet to unlock them. One thing to note, it is my understanding that the 1.7 beta is currently for Android users not iOS users.

Once we can all move to 1.7 firmware it will behave correctly, the yellow circles will be yellow (instead of red as they are when this bug is in effect) and you will be able to unlock with a credit card.

The iOS Beta is currently available for GEO system. I got my invite late last week I believe. Since Apple's App Store handles Beta apps through the Test Flight program, you need to write an email to [email protected] requesting to be added to the Public Beta and provide your Apple Store ID for the invite. You'll receive a note from DJI with an invitation to join DJI Beta Testing group and after providing some basic info about yourself on DJI's beta portal you'll be added to the public beta test group and will be able to download the beta app from Apple's Test Flight.

I currently have 2.4.3 on my iPhone 6S and a iTunes backup. Is it possible to install 2.4.3 on my iPad if it uses the same Apple ID? I haven't installed the DJI GO app yet on my iPad. Just got my P3P and only flown one time on the 2.4.3 app and base firmware on the drone (believe it is 1.4.10).
I would expect this to work without issue. Do not download the 2.5 app from the App Store to your iPad since you said you don't want that version. Connect your iPad to your computer and launch iTunes. When the iPad connects and you can see the various menus, select the apps menu and then set the GO app in the list to INSTALL. Then when you sync your iPad, the existing version of GO that you already have (2.4.3) should load on your iPad.

If you like your flight records, sync them with the cloud from your IP6S and then you can download them to your iPad once you have GO installed.

Reactions: teeitup
Looking forward to some point in the future where DJI will have "server" issues and every person will be grounded....

Ok...

So if DJI Go won't let me fly because of one of these red circles...

Will other apps like Litchi also keep me grounded as well? Or is this a DJI GO issue for the moment?

Excellent question. I'd like to know as well.

Ok...

Will other apps like Litchi also keep me grounded as well? Or is this a DJI GO issue for the moment?

This maybe old news but I just logged in over at DJI to check what the forums over there were saying and saw this at the bottom of my account page......
***edit just clicked create and it took me to a page titled "Advanced Authorization Zone Unlocking"
DJIScreenShot.jpg

Well, that's interesting. Looking at that, the only restricted zone I saw was DC. Looking around the Atlanta area, you have the main airport and a bunch of smaller fields. Noticed that the stadiums were not on the map. If you turn on warning zones, you get all of the small strips, such as fly in neighborhoods, and even a guy I know who "maintains" (mows the grass down) a strip in his field, though I believe it's more of a way to avoid the long way to his house now-a-days. There are also a few places that have me scratching my head, which may have been strips years ago.

Then you have oddness, like the Chattahooche National Forest having a big circle over most of it, and a huge chunk of the SouthEast of Alabama in a big block. (around 4500 square miles)

Would be nice if they gave a reason for each location.

Ok...

If you allow the DJI Go 2.50 to connect with your Phantom then you will have the bug of yellow circles turning red for all apps, 3rd party or not. It enables a switch in the firmware that turns on the Geofencing.

Well, that's interesting. Looking at that, the only restricted zone I saw was DC. Looking around the Atlanta area, you have the main airport and a bunch of smaller fields. Noticed that the stadiums were not on the map. If you turn on warning zones, you get all of the small strips, such as fly in neighborhoods, and even a guy I know who "maintains" (mows the grass down) a strip in his field, though I believe it's more of a way to avoid the long way to his house now-a-days. There are also a few places that have me scratching my head, which may have been strips years ago.

Then you have oddness, like the Chattahooche National Forest having a big circle over most of it, and a huge chunk of the SouthEast of Alabama in a big block. (around 4500 square miles)

Would be nice if they gave a reason for each location.
How do you turn on warning zones?

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Any issues for those in Australia? I haven't downloaded 2.5 but with NFZ only starting to roll out in America and Europe, I would think we are still OK? If so, would be interesting to see when we are affected if it's another app update or those already on 2.5 get the new NFZ maps when they are rolled out..thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So currently, the DJI map only has a small airport that is just out of the 5 mile range from my house. The DJI map does not indicate the hospital heliport landing zone which is less than .5 miles away from my house. Am I correct to assume, that if I connect to my P3P, the one and only yellow zone will turn RED? The DJI map is not as specific as the B4UFLY app from the FAA. So many different folks setting regulations for drones, all because of a few idiots that decided to break the common sense rule. Can anyone please verify for me. I am in no hurry to connect to my P3P due to the frigid COLD here in Central, IL, but I would like to know if I am going to be prevented from flying when the weather warms up.

Thank you!!

I can see why DJI waited until after Christmas to release this... As for selling the P3's, did you really just buy it to fly around the house? I think not. I drove out to the woods yesterday and got 4 more flights in, no red zone, no houses, just river canyons and hydraulic diggins and this is what I bought it for. I didn't buy it to fly at home. On another note, if the 2.5 goes directly into the Phantom and can't be deleted, if it is on the mini sd card inside, you should be able to take it out and replace it. You guys wanting to sell now because of this need to calm down and remember what you bought it for in the first place. It wasn't to film the roof of your house for the rest of your life :)

Reactions: eBird
How do you turn on warning zones?

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Follow the instructions that GrillMaster5 had for getting to it on the DJI site. Once there, click the checkbox next to warning

You guys wanting to sell now because of this need to calm down and remember what you bought it for in the first place. It wasn't to film the roof of your house for the rest of your life :)
Oh the irony that my last flight before the weather changed on me was to inspect the roof line of my house to check some repairs made a couple years ago. :)

Reactions: Reed L
Follow the instructions that GrillMaster5 had for getting to it on the DJI site. Once there, click the checkbox next to warning
Thanks. Just did, then proceeded to be angry at dji.

Reactions: Sabalon
I heard the same thing

A friend of mine is a beta tester. He just revealed to me that in future it will be necessary to pay to unlock flight zones that are yellow at present. That's why they want your card / phone details. For billing.

A friend of mine is a beta tester. He just revealed to me that in future it will be necessary to pay to unlock flight zones that are yellow at present. That's why they want your card / phone details. For billing.

Any actual documentation on this ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka