IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

I am a little bit confused. I have 2.5 installed on my IPad and 1.6 firmware on my bird and my map only shows the red circles, nothing more, nothing less. This is in the US. There are a lot of the yellow zones in my area on the DJI beta Geo site in my area but they do not show on 2.5 for me. How can I get them?

What's New
1. The Osmo now notifies users when switching between Upright, Underslung and Flashlight modes.
2. Lightbridge 2 plus the A2 support Home Lock, Course Lock and Point of Interest.
3. Brand new epic templates coming in five themes of Love, Travel, Companionship, Music and Change.
4. Look back on your 2015 flight log and share your memories with others. The "2016 I will..." campaign is now live!

Nothing there that looks like a compelling reason to update this time.
1&2 aren't for the Phantom and 3&4 aren't likely to be much use to most people.

What does this mean? Highlighted in red above.

I am a little bit confused. I have 2.5 installed on my IPad and 1.6 firmware on my bird and my map only shows the red circles, nothing more, nothing less. This is in the US. There are a lot of the yellow zones in my area on the DJI beta Geo site in my area but they do not show on 2.5 for me. How can I get them?
Have you noticed some of the red cirlces that were small are now bigger and or new circles popped up?

Did you connect to the aircraft yet?

check DJI no fly zone site and it does not have all of these restrictions in your area, it concerns me that it was updated in the app and not on the site, I am ok with major airport no fly zones for the most part but if I got the site and see open area and find out they are closed in the app, that is a problem..

No FLY Zones | DJI

The No FLY Zones on DJI's web site state that they are "only valid for the Phantom 2 series or older products."

The DJI GO app has a lot more that are listed on the web site map.

I had auto-update on my iPad so I go the new app yesterday. I turned off auto-update on my phone so still have the older version of the app.

I went out to try to fly this afternoon in an area that previously was not a No Fly Zone. It now is, the zones seemed to have grown a couple of miles. I thought, no problem I will just use my iPhone since it has the old app, it also complained that I was in a No Fly Zone. So it appears that the information was cached somewhere in the Phantom or RC so it doesn't matter which version of the app I am using. I find that very hard to believe, but those were the results.

I had auto-update on my iPad so I go the new app yesterday. I turned off auto-update on my phone so still have the older version of the app.

I went out to try to fly this afternoon in an area that previously was not a No Fly Zone. It now is, the zones seemed to have grown a couple of miles. I thought, no problem I will just use my iPhone since it has the old app, it also complained that I was in a No Fly Zone. So it appears that the information was cached somewhere in the Phantom or RC so it doesn't matter which version of the app I am using. I find that very hard to believe, but those were the results.
What firmware do you have installed on your drone?

It seems like it was push out with the app update. Then transferred to the aircraft once you connected. You are the second person that confirmed trying to reconnect with the non-updated app made no difference.

Is the no fly zones the same as DJIs website?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yes of course I get the you are on a no fly zone on the app

How do you just find the control tower phone number?
I did a google search phone number control tower and irport name, after that you just get the actual number from the airport administration number, wich is the one that i got from google

Is the no fly zones the same as DJIs website?

For me no. The website shows very few NFZ compared to the app. The web site does state that it is "only valid for the Phantom 2 series or older products."

Is there another web site that matches the app?

Reactions: jimerb
I installed the new app from FAA on my ipad is called B4UFLY and this app shows you where you are in relation to the no fly zones and wich airports you need to contact before any flights, there 2 different colors on the no fly zones, red and yellow, red means no flying period, yellow call tower and advise of your intentions, like i said before some of the controlers have no clue what you are talking about and actually have to put me in hold to talk to there boss, afte a few calls to the contro towers they already recognized my name and they just tell me to have fan and be safe, thats how many people are actually calling to report that the are with in 5 miles of the airport and are planning on flying a drone.....very very few.
I must mention something else, when I finally get to the right person they always ask me if the drone has been register with the FAA

Glad I didn't update my iOS app to 2.5.0 today this is stupid just been checking most of my flying areas now all yellow going to be hassle unlocking only last three days too.

Glad I didn't update my iOS app to 2.5.0 today this is stupid just been checking most of my flying areas now all yellow going to be hassle unlocking only last three days too.
You can unlock 3 days in advance, but the unlock only is valid for 24 hours once you start flying.

Ok so I soved this for myself by running the beta 1.7 firmware and beta for android app. In settings I disabled the no fly zone options. Quit the app. Open again and it works in the beta of android. It still wont work in iOS and wont work in litchi for android or iOS.

You can unlock also from 1.6 and 2.4.4 beta android app. Public apps ahve no unlock feature as far i know.

beta is here
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

But before You use beta, better read everyghing here:
Official DJI GEO System - News, Public Beta and information - RC Groups
Dji geofence - beware of 1.7 beta - you will not be able to downgrade nfz - RC Groups
DJI Geofence - an attempt for freedom and privacy of UAV operators - RC Groups

THANK YOU
Kyokushin

The No FLY Zones on DJI's web site state that they are "only valid for the Phantom 2 series or older products."

The DJI GO app has a lot more that are listed on the web site map.

OK, I found the web site for the new Geo Fencing. DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

The zones that are shown as yellow on the map were red No Fly Zones today with the updated app. It appears that the new app with 1.6 firmware makes the yellow NFZs and you need 1.7 firmware to turn on the authorization feature.

s DJI implementing AirMap's system?
No. AirMap is our airspace data provider for information such as airport locations and TFRs. The public site at AirMap.io is for its own demonstration purposes and is not representative of what data is used by GEO or how DJI has implemented that data. DJI may also add to the data provided by AirMap. To see a representation of the locations included in GEO you should consult this map, not AirMap.io.
Just putting this here too since some people have been referencing AirMap

OK, I found the web site for the new Geo Fencing. DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

The zones that are shown as yellow on the map were red No Fly Zones today with the updated app. It appears that the new app with 1.6 firmware makes the yellow NFZs and you need 1.7 firmware to turn on the authorization feature.
This is good info. Thanks for sharing..

So your saying that the yellow zones on this map are showing up red on the app and you cannot fly at all?

I'm in a yellow zone. Can I unlock?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak