I'm so mad, I'm going to buy a P2 - need advice

dragonash said:
I looked at those sites! Bah, im rushing around too much.

Let me update my spreadsheet. I'm also trying to simplify things by trying to get as much as possible from one store. hah!

I'd make sure to be your Phantom 2 and Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal both from an authorised DJI reseller, it should make things much easier should something go wrong which DJI's warranty is supposed to cover.

im buying those directly from B&H. I live in NY, so its literally a phone call, then go on the "phone pickup line" and leave the store in 10 minutes :)

Im getting the P2, zenmuse, an extra battery and iosd mini from them

OI- check my previous thread about the antenna. I edited as you posted :)

edit:
what is the difference between the fatshark ones and these?
http://www.rangevideo.com/en/5800mhz-an ... ional.html

dragonash said:
im buying those directly from B&H. I live in NY, so its literally a phone call, then go on the "phone pickup line" and leave the store in 10 minutes :)

edit:

I went with the add-ons other people had recommended, and the consensus is that the Spironet V2 are a fair match for the ImmersionRC 600mw and Black Pearl setup. Never come across those white ones in the link, but they look as though they are produced for the same company who have their logo on the Black Pearl so possibly an option?

freefall101 said:
dragonash said:

edit:

I went with the add-ons other people had recommended, and the consensus is that the Spironet V2 are a fair match for the ImmersionRC 600mw and Black Pearl setup. Never come across those white ones in the link, but they look as though they are produced for the same company who have their logo on the Black Pearl so possibly an option?

thats what I was thinking.
flysight made the blackpearl... so you would think their own antenna would work well, right?
hmm...

Those flysight mushrooms are compatible with your gear (assuming you get the right connectors on them), but I haven't seen anything that makes them a better choice than the spironets. You're welcome to test both and let us know :D

dragonash said:
freefall101 said:
dragonash said:

edit:

thats what I was thinking.
flysight made the blackpearl... so you would think their own antenna would work well, right?
hmm...

I wouldn't risk it, I have never come across these before but if you do find someone on here or another forum who is full of praise for them then consider them as a serious option. Otherwise for the same/similar amount of cash I'd commit to buying the ImmersionRC Spironet V2, they are used by a lot of people. So many YouTube videos show people using these and they seem to do their job fine, exactly the reason I bought them. If you want to be more confident that your entire seup will be compatible and up and running straight away after sticking it all together then I would definitely suggest the safer option of those Spironets.

ok, i will take both of your advice.

As an IT guy, I hate when people ask me what to buy, then run out and buy something completely random "just because".
:)

ok, this looks like its it.

(the other stuff like the velcro or zipties can be a home depot trip :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 355
dragonash said:
ok, this looks like its it.

(the other stuff like the velcro or zipties can be a home depot trip :)

Can you put a link up so I can see what Plug and Play cable it is? Thanks :)

I've been watching this thread and would love to see the step by step as you assemble all of the hardware onto your Phantom 2.

OI Photography said:
You're using the stock Phantom controller, yes? If so, I don't think you do much better than this one: http://www.raveaerialvideo.com/product/ ... tor-mount/

I know it's out of stock right now, but he's printing more soon. There's a dealer in the US now that sells them too, but I can't for the life of me remember it or find a link now.

Errr wow. Any other option?

dragonash said:
OI Photography said:
You're using the stock Phantom controller, yes? If so, I don't think you do much better than this one: http://www.raveaerialvideo.com/product/ ... tor-mount/

I know it's out of stock right now, but he's printing more soon. There's a dealer in the US now that sells them too, but I can't for the life of me remember it or find a link now.

Errr wow. Any other option?

This is the one I have, it's a perfect fit and would definitely recommend that too ;)

None that I'm fond of, but the only one I tried before that one was the standard clone mount with the 2 carbon fiber arms and one carbon fiber plate, that bolts to the handle on the back of the controller. It mostlyworked, but didn't at all feel like a solid/secure solution.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl