I'm so mad, I'm going to buy a P2 - need advice

Reaction score
I tested out my 3 axis gimbal 10x and everything was working. I drive 40 min to the beach (I'm here now) and the gimbal won't turn on at all! It's just dead.

Freekin walkera gimbal. This happened with the bang good gimbal as well.

So in throwing in the towel. I'm getting a P2 with the zenmuse.

I will buy as much from b&h as possible.
But i want full fpv and osd.

Can someone please list all the items i will need?
I go on vacation in 2 weeks and will need to know soon.

Thanks in advance

I don't know all the items you'll need, but I was in a similar situation. I got tired of modding and things not working, mostly due to my limited technical skills.

I just bit the bullet, ordered a P2V+ from B&H Photo and a used Nexus 7 from Mr. Craig S. List ($70).

With an old piece of carbon fiber and a little bit of velcro, I'm FPV-capable and with a camera on a gimbal, just like that.

Now all I need are some more batteries.
And a monitor hood.
Maybe better antennas.
And other stuff I haven't thought of yet.

I got the P2/2D
Immersion 600
Black Pearl
Iosd
I can not say what you would need for the P2/3D

750r said:
I got the P2/2D
Immersion 600
Black Pearl
Iosd

Same package will work fine with the -3D as well, it's probably the most common set of gear sold for all Phantoms using the Zenmuse gimbals. The only other part I'd suggest is a plug-n-play cable to connect the components on the air end...there's several kinds available now depending on which FPV transmitter you decide to use.

I know you can save money by buying from B&H, but personally I think there's a lot to be said for buying from a full-service Phantom dealer who will put the complete kit together for you, and support you if you have problems. That's why I bought from Heliguy here in the UK: they don't just sell and forget you - they have complete information about your personal rig, and offer lifetime support. That's worth paying a little extra for, to my mind.

HarryT said:
I know you can save money by buying from B&H, but personally I think there's a lot to be said for buying from a full-service Phantom dealer who will put the complete kit together for you, and support you if you have problems. That's why I bought from Heliguy here in the UK: they don't just sell and forget you - they have complete information about your personal rig, and offer lifetime support. That's worth paying a little extra for, to my mind.

thats not a bad idea harry.

Do you have any in mind? BTW, I'm in the US

I'm afraid I can't advise you about US dealers, since I live in the UK, but perhaps someone else can?

Try UAV Products, they are out of Michigan, and that is whom I am going to purchase from. I believe a setup fee is 150.00 and they will test it before they send. Just a thought.I am not at all affiliated with them either.Check'em out.

I probably sound like a salesman for them but I assure you, I am not affiliated with them at all other than having bought my Phantom from them. UAVDirect has the parts to build what you want and will even build it for you if you wish. Can they get it all done in 2 weeks? That I do not know. They offer free shipping too.

OI Photography said:
750r said:
I got the P2/2D
Immersion 600
Black Pearl
Iosd

Same package will work fine with the -3D as well, it's probably the most common set of gear sold for all Phantoms using the Zenmuse gimbals. The only other part I'd suggest is a plug-n-play cable to connect the components on the air end...there's several kinds available now depending on which FPV transmitter you decide to use.

OI - think you can list the proper items I will need?
I'm exploring both options (pre-built and building it myself)
I have less than a week to figure this out and if using all DJI equipment works best, I might just get it all from B&H if need be.

dragonash said:
OI Photography said:
750r said:
I got the P2/2D
Immersion 600
Black Pearl
Iosd

I have less than a week to figure this out and if using all DJI equipment works best, I might just get it all from B&H if need be.

This is everything you'll need..... For my setup from scratch I bought the P2, Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal, ImmersionRC 600mw a/v tx, DJI Mini iOSD, the ImmersionRC Spironet V2 antennae, a plug and play cable for ImmersionRC and Mini iOSD so no soldering required, a GoPro Hero 3 or 3+, a Black Pearl FPV monitor (buy the 7 channel over the 32 channel version if you can find one in the US, I found one here in the UK after searching for one), a pack of 3M CommandPro velcro strips ideal for mounting everything securely, a small pack of white cable ties to neaten things up, a decent 2mm hex driver (much easier than the tiny allan hex key they provide) and a decent Ph0 philips screwdriver (the one they provided stripped a screw head straight away when I used it), and a good 64gb micro sd card which is at least class 10. Some black duct tape can also be useful.

I think that should be everything to get you up and away.

dragonash said:

Option 1: 750r's list above, plus this cable: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LDX65OS/ref ... W0OH443OJY

Option 2:
-DJI AVL58 video transmitter
-32 channel black pearl
-DJI FPV hub
-iOSD mini

You'll need to choose antennae for either option. If you want roll with the big boys you'll need a set like the ones fpvlr.com sells and you'll find mentioned all over the FPV section here (where I'm about to move this thread, in fact ;)). If you just want solid stable video out to midranges (500m-ish) then a simple set of pinwheels should do, like the bluebeam ultras or immersion spironets (the BBU's are a little better with a matching price difference). The trick is to get the right connectors on them to match your gear. Pick option 1 or 2 above first, then you'll be able to match antenna connectors.

EDIT: and all the bits and bobs freefall mentioned above ;)

thanks guys.
Sine everything is closed tonight (and possibly the weekend), I'll see what I can scrounge up.
Worse case scenario, all I have is a P2 with a H3-3D. I might not be able to FPV, but I will get video!

dragonash said:
thanks guys.
Sine everything is closed tonight (and possibly the weekend), I'll see what I can scrounge up.
Worse case scenario, all I have is a P2 with a H3-3D. I might not be able to FPV, but I will get video!

If you choose to go with the Black Pearl, the 7 channel (F band only) is definitely preferable in my opinion. Hope you get started soon, let us know how you are progressing with it.

freefall101 said:
dragonash said:
thanks guys.

If you choose to go with the Black Pearl, the 7 channel (F band only) is definitely preferable in my opinion. Hope you get started soon, let us know how you are progressing with it.

I'm hunting for it now.
Any particular reason why its recommended? Feed me some knowledge! :)

btw, cant seem to find 7 channel for the life of me.
Everything is 32 chanel

dragonash said:
freefall101 said:
dragonash said:
thanks guys.

I'm hunting for it now.
Any particular reason why its recommended? Feed me some knowledge! :)

btw, cant seem to find 7 channel for the life of me.
Everything is 32 chanel

Before I bought my Black Pearl I read a lot about the 32 channel's F bands not correlating with the ImmersionRC 600mw a/v tx, so with the 7 channel F band only version, the signals are supposed to be stronger in the channel which the ImmersionRC a/v tx transmits hence a better FPV signal for us. If you search around on these forums you'll find what I'm trying to explain, and I haven't really had any complaints about my Black Pearl although funnily enough today I had a load of interference on my screen which I think is due to my gimbal.

Edit: found one here for the USA (I used the same company only I used their UK website, they are based in Brighton, England I think). This is the US website:

http://www.firstpersonview.com/screens/7-inch-fpv

OI Photography said:
freefall101 said:
[Edit: found one here for the USA (I used the same company only I used their UK website, they are based in Brighton, England I think). This is the US website:

http://www.firstpersonview.com/screens/7-inch-fpv

Also here (they sell 32- and 7-channel versions): http://www.rangevideo.com/en/lcd-screen ... esign.html

Good find, and the better option because of the price and this company seems to be based in North America

I looked at those sites! Bah, im rushing around too much.

Let me update my spreadsheet. I'm also trying to simplify things by trying to get as much as possible from one store. hah!

OI -I'll add that to my sheet, but where did you see 7 channel...oooooh

RP-SMA and SMA..... I didnt know the monitor was separated like that.

So since this is SMA, these antenna should be good, right?
http://www.getfpv.com/5-8-ghz-spironet- ... AlWL8P8HAQ

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl