If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

Luap said:
budfox said:
This is not true I have a v3 and there is no "v2" printed on the ESCs, however on the ESCs that I bought as spare parts it does say "v2.0"

Interesting - so that would mean only the ESC sold as spare parts show a sticker identification V2.x?

That would be bad news as then there is no way to identify what ESC/firmware is being used on the phantom 2 V3 kits.
Do you have a picture with sticker of your ESC from the V3 model ?

You are spot on. In the stock phantom v3 it does not say "v2.0" or "v2.1" on the sticker above the serial number. Howevery on the spare part from DJI it does say the version number on the sticker.

Are we saying that the phantoms are coming with the old ESC?
Also of it is updated by DJI is it OTA or does it mean we have to change the whole ESC

Alsp

AlAlgo

IGNORE THE LAST BIT

So glad I got the old version. I saw some V2 (Or V3 for some reason) versions reviewed on Youtube just today and even they noticed those thinner wires right out of the box.

Luap said:
Seems to be some confusion on new and old ESC versions. From different forums this is the info I could find.

All ESC have V2 on the PCB board ( marked in green in attached picture).

The stickers show differently though - marked in red.

Stickers with no version on have Firmware vision 1.xx (that is the pre-Phantom 2 V3)
The "New ESCs" have either
V 2.0 equivalent to fimware 4.02
V2.1 equivalent to firmware 4.06

Apparently v 2.0 FW 4.02 had some bugs so was updated to V2.1 FW 4.06.

Thanks for your illustrations! My white sticker does say V2.0

Does this mean mine is definitely V2.0 or could it be updated to V2.1? If it has, how can I verify?

I VE STARTED TO NOTICE THAT PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THEIR PHANTOM MID DECEMBER HAVE THE ESC with the white sticker v2.0 or v2.1.

Eltrochaphantom said:
I VE STARTED TO NOTICE THAT PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THEIR PHANTOM MID DECEMBER HAVE THE ESC with the white sticker v2.0 or v2.1.

Mine was ordered Nov 14 so that would make sense.

And TBH people who are having problems now with machines which were purchased just a few days ago it is the dealers having their first shipments. IMO if u buy it from a good dealer then u should be good to go.

I have the V3 and it was bought December 14.

If the guys at DJI test all Phantoms before sending them out, i'm sure the wires, ESC and motor combination was tested before even being installed in the frame. If the older Phantoms work well, why would the upgraded model have wires which do not suit...

There are calculations with regards to what motor can be fitting to what ESC with what battery. I imagine being a large company like DJI, the ESC and wiring would have been made especially for the motors.

As others have said above, I won't be opening my Phantom to see what the wires are and will continue to fly with confidence in the brand. If the worst happens, it will simply go back under warranty or under the 'Sale of Goods not fit for purpose act"

Well u see? U bought it after December and u are having no issues. What I'm saying it is just a theory but I'm becoming more confident to it

Eltrochaphantom said:
Well u see? U bought it after December and u are having no issues. What I'm saying it is just a theory but I'm becoming more confident to it

So are we saying December 14 models are OK?

My theory and it is just a theory is that phantom purchased mid November onwards should be fine but remember it is just a theory

So my question is: anyone who has purchased phantoms during December has any kind of issues?

On the dji forum in the thread some guy had the same issue with 2.1 if I read correctly....

so.... ?

This is what was said in the post (I can't seem to link to specifc post)
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=view ... D1&lang=en

"
I got the same problem 2 days ago at the Moment while hovering about 1.5 m above ground (P2V+). Suddenly back left engine failure, the Copter turned On it's back with the Blink of an eye, and crashed on it's back.
Smoke came out of the back left Arm, and the smell of burned electronics.
Ten days before this happened, i got my Copter back from DJI Repair Center, with all NEW ESC and latest Firmware 2.0/Rev. 4.06., and mounted new motors "2312"

After a short look inside it was VERY obvious that the MOSFET directly beneath the BLACK WIRE was damaged, the blank metal of this wire (Isolation cut off perhaps a little bit too much for solder purposes) was VERY CLOSE to the MOSFET (View Photos)"
"

2 weeks back we were suggesting 2.1/4.06 might be the fix and hopefully that guy who I quoted above was wrong. It might make sense the thing about december.. some retailers in Aus are saying they had 0 returns while another is saying they had a few. Perhaps the guy with none only got v3 in late dec..

Ive been trying to find 2.1 to test for a couple weeks and everyone ive spoken to in Aus or USA has got 2.0
If anyone can find 2.1 for sale let me know ?? Ive also asked DJI 4 times if 2.1 is the fix but they havnt bothered to reply...

Shuether said:
Mako79 said:
Try and separate the wires like the attached to prevent shorting.

I'm not sure if this is mentioned in the later pages, I just started reading this thread and will read all the way through. According to that DJIforums link, the worst heat comes from the Mosfets so best to keep the wires away from them as well.

To be honest. I dont know what im doing ☺.
Its an adhoc logical prevention i guess.
I used cable ties to seperate the cables and lift them off the mosfet chips. I also placed post it notes to stop it from conducting if the cables are exposed. I originally used padded tape but thought that may overheat the mosfet.

Dumb idea? Your thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-04-12-14-11.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-04-12-14-11.png
    4 MB · Views: 322

Post it notes= paper don't u think if it is hot enough to burn the cables won't it be hot enough to burn the papers?

Cable tiers Idk I can't say yes or no

I't's fascinating watching grown men freak out over these real and/or imagined issues and the various solutions that they are trying to come up to counter the problem. And we wonder why politicians can't solve issues???

Btw im 14 so...
Also we are freaking out cause dji CS is absolutely **** and most of us spent quite a few bucks on this thing and we expect them to work

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka