If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 READ!

Re: If you just purchased a brand new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 R

Eltrochaphantom said:
Hate when people talk without having a clue (maccool).

This from a 14 year old who hasn't even flown one of these things yet. :D

gregtay said:
I am going to watch this thread closely. Due to this issue plus all the flyaway reports I cancelled my P2V+ order yesterday... I think I'll wait till DJI gets this figured out. I have an original x350 w/gimbal/gopro and while it doesn't have any fancy features and the battery/flight time is awful... at least the thing goes where I want it to go. I can't understand all these "rolled over" Phantom reports either... my X350 has dozens of flights and I don't think there is any possible way to make the thing go inverted. I do a ton of "manual" flying and it always does exactly what I want it to do even if I am aggressive on the sticks.

I always thought DJI built a better product than Walkera but after reading these threads you guys have me questioning the Phantom. I've never once feared than my X350 would flip over or fly away without the ability to take back over and fly it home (GPS hold isn't all that accurate.. but it doesn't fly away and I can ALWAYS just flip a switch take over), and RTM is also just a switch away and it has never let me down.

I really want to order a new P2V+ but until the stories change I simply can't feel good about the purchase. I'll be at CES next week and I will stop by the booth and check out anything new.. but just going to look for now.

Good for you, go buy a Walkera. Many of us here have had no issues with ours. And then again many have . SO, I ask this question of the moderators....ALL OF YOU, why are you not sending a collective ***** letter to DJI informing them of the issues (real or imagined) with these drones?

Someone has already informed dji

Who? The Moderators...?

I can't remember exactly but I think it was either hani or jeremy

Eltrochaphantom said:
JJM said:
Hi, I'm new here. Just got a V3. So everyone keeps saying vibration causes stress on these wires. What if foam or some other material was used to prevent these wires from vibrating so much? Would that help?

As someone else was saying before. The wires may not be the only guilty one. Any sudden interruption of the motor rotation, like a tip-over or a branch will immediately blow up the ESC.

I experienced a tip-over (pilot error) and thankfully still have a proper running motor. Took it on a 30 minute flight today with no problems.

I've also experienced a few tip over and fortunately everything seems fine

Eltrochaphantom said:
Someone has already informed dji

I fear it will fall on deaf ears. I can't imagine DJI will jump up and fix all of the Plus V3s that are allegedly broken.

IF DJI takes action, what do you guys actually think they will do about it?

Why the hell would the mods inform DJI?
They look after the forum.... there job kind of ends there :]

justin00 said:
Why the hell would the mods inform DJI?
They look after the forum.... there job kind of ends there :][

Really? so given all the issues you don't think they should act as advocates for us and this forum.?

heh no I don't.
Its not like they have special power, or a special channel to communicate with DJI on.
Do you really think DJI is going to give a crap if the mods speak to them?
I don't mean to be rude or anything.. :)

If we were on the DJI forum then yeah, maybe the mods would be able to speak to DJI as I assume the DJI forum is run by DJI ?

There is no reason to freak out. Smell it when you land and if you notice it cooking, consider warranty replacement.

The wire replacement fix removes a failure point by allowing motor flex to not be transferred directly to a hard mounting point of the esc and the larger wire allows more heat sinking with its greater surface area. Not to mention it has a silicone jacket so there is almost zero concern of it shorting out.

Those people out there saying we are introducing another failure point are not realizing that mounting the solid wire to a section of high flexible wire is not the same as mounting solid wire to a non flexible point like the esc.

I am working on an esc upgrade and if it turns out.... It should be interesting.

Does all this concern apply to the non vision v2.0's as well? Last time I had the top off i noticed the motor wire lookd a little thin... Or has this problem been isolated to just the Vision+ v3.0's?
They both use the new 2312 960k motors ya? Just haven't heard of any on the non vision v2.0 birds dropping out of the sky... Or I've just overlooked it.

When I spend this much money on a product that is supposed to work right out of the box I expect it to do exactly that.Work. I dont see the point in ordering one and putting my time and money into it if I am going to have to "fix" it on my own in order for it to work right. A product, any product should work as advertized. If I wanted to solder wires I would just buy one I could build myself.
This makes me want to consider the vision as opposed to the vision plus. It also makes me wonder if I want to buy a Dji at all.

ccase39 said:
When I spend this much money on a product that is supposed to work right out of the box I expect it to do exactly that.Work. I dont see the point in ordering one and putting my time and money into it if I am going to have to "fix" it on my own in order for it to work right. A product, any product should work as advertized. If I wanted to solder wires I would just buy one I could build myself.
This makes me want to consider the vision as opposed to the vision plus. It also makes me wonder if I want to buy a Dji at all.

No offense, but are you new to the rc world?

In this hobby, you have to be comfortable taking apart your bird, knowing what Is going on, etc.

You will never find a perfect uav. You think the grass is greener on the other side? Just go ahead and look at the walkera forums....

Just like with ALL aircraft, you have to maintain and service it regularly or it will fall out of the sky no matter what

ccase39 said:
When I spend this much money on a product that is supposed to work right out of the box I expect it to do exactly that.
That's all very well in a hypothetical perfect world and if you are talking about an item with a mature technology.
Unfortunately it's not that way in cutting edge, fast evolving multicopters just like it must have been for the Wright brothers.
Not buying DJI (but choosing another manufacturer) puts you at a possibly higher risk of having to fix things yourself.
There's a reason that DJI sell the most - and it's not that they are the cheapest.

Prylar Bek said:
I't's fascinating watching grown men freak out over these real and/or imagined issues and the various solutions that they are trying to come up to counter the problem. And we wonder why politicians can't solve issues???

Spoken like a true Hollyweird, "SoCal" liberal.

Get a clue, Sonny Jim.

"Grown Men" "freaking out" are the ones that get down and dirty, and solve the problems of the world.
You have obviously never been involved in the process of troubleshooting, damage control, repair, M.R.B.s, E.C.O.s, and other engineering issues.

We have a lot of money, time, blood sweat and tears invested here, and we're trying to help each other out.

If you have nothing useful to say, keep your smug infantile comments to yourself.

Did your daddy buy your drone for you?

CapnBob said:
Prylar Bek said:
I't's fascinating watching grown men freak out over these real and/or imagined issues and the various solutions that they are trying to come up to counter the problem. And we wonder why politicians can't solve issues???

Spoken like a true spoiled brat that never did a damned thing for himself.
I suspect I'm not too far off.

Get a clue, Sonny Jim.

"Grown Men" "freaking out" are the ones that get down and dirty, and solve the problems of the world.
You have obviously never been involved in the process of troubleshooting, damage control, repair, M.R.B.s, E.C.O.s, and other engineering issues.

We have a lot of money, time, blood sweat and tears invested here, and we're trying to help each other out.

If you have nothing useful to say, keep your smug infantile comments to yourself.

Did your daddy buy your drone for you?

eyecon82 said:
ccase39 said:

In this hobby, you have to be comfortable taking apart your bird, knowing what Is going on, etc.

You will never find a perfect uav. You think the grass is greener on the other side? Just go ahead and look at the walkera forums....

Just like with ALL aircraft, you have to maintain and service it regularly or it will fall out of the sky no matter what

Agree a little with both posters. DJI sells the phantom as a ready-to-fly flying camera. "Now you can shoot fully stabilized video from the sky, right out of the box.", it says on their website. It doesn't say, "Do you own a soldering iron? Then this is fixer-upper you've been looking for!". The guys who come at this from the RC hobby world seem to sometimes ignore the fact that DJI isn't marketing the phantom as an electronics hobby to technically oriented people so, no, you don't have to be comfortable taking apart your bird to be exactly the consumer DJI says their product is for. Would it be good to have the electronics/techie background? Would it give you an advantage? Absolutely. It would be good for me to diagnose and fix problems with my car but not being able to doesn't mean I haven't been able to enjoy driving for the past 45 years and doesn't mean driving isn't the right hobby for someone if they aren't willing to get under the hood and understand/fix it. The market has started to move on. Do you think GoPro is going to market to the RC enthusiast or the action-camera crowd? The horse has left the barn on expecting flying camera consumers to be RC hobbyists in waiting. I mean, DJI is the one making and selling these things so I'm pretty sure they know who they are marketing to. It's completely reasonable to expect them to make a product which meets the premise of their marketing focus. Just saying - not complaining about their products.

tpallred said:
eyecon82 said:
ccase39 said:

Agree a little with both posters. DJI sells the phantom as a ready-to-fly flying camera. "Now you can shoot fully stabilized video from the sky, right out of the box.", it says on their website. It doesn't say, "Do you own a soldering iron? Then this is fixer-upper you've been looking for!". The guys who come at this from the RC hobby world seem to sometimes ignore the fact that DJI isn't marketing the phantom as an electronics hobby to technically oriented people so, no, you don't have to be comfortable taking apart your bird to be exactly the consumer DJI says their product is for. Would it be good to have the electronics/techie background? Would it give you an advantage? Absolutely. It would be good for me to diagnose and fix problems with my car but not being able to doesn't mean I haven't been able to enjoy driving for the past 45 years and doesn't mean driving isn't the right hobby for someone if they aren't willing to get under the hood and understand/fix it. The market has started to move on. Do you think GoPro is going to market to the RC enthusiast or the action-camera crowd? The horse has left the barn on expecting flying camera consumers to be RC hobbyists in waiting. I mean, DJI is the one making and selling these things so I'm pretty sure they know who they are marketing to. It's completely reasonable to expect them to make a product which meets the premise of their marketing focus. Just saying - not complaining about their products.

This...TL:DR

DJI is riding a huge wave of consumer interest, pushing multiple products out at a very high, but obviously not fully tested, rate.... In other words, they are raking in as much as they can until they are forced, by public backlash, to fix an "unfortunate" problem...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West